Need help.broken headphone out in laptop

nagurum1974

Need help .iam using headphone out and connected to denon pma780d.accidentally headphone jack broken in my laptop.even though sound comes but its not balanced.is there any way to connect laptop to amp using USB.

Does the amp have wireless capability?

If so, install MinimServer and wirelessly stream to the amp.

A cheaper solution will be to add Chromecast Audio and use the digital input on the amp if it does not have wireless capability.

You can also consider a USB DAC, but most of the budget or cheap ones don't really sound good and you'll be spending a lot more in re-clockers and power conditions to fix inherent USB problems.

Ext DAC is the best option for this Amp. If cost is an issue, it may be cheaper to get the laptop fixed.
Your amp is reaching vintage status. Take good care of it.
Cheers,
Raghu

Get a USB to Coax/optical converter. Behringer UCA222 is a good cheap solution

CCA will work in this setup.
Laptop to CCA - Wireless
CCA to Denon - Wired (you may have to buy 3.5mm to RCA2 cable; about Rs 100)

Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks you gurus for your valuable inputs..
Does chrome cast audio help in this situation

Yes, but let me give you a breakdown of the entire process.

You will need to install a DLNA server for the music library, MinimServer, Foobar with DLNA add-on, etc. Basically 2 minutes work.

You will also need an app and an Android smartphone and will in all probability need to buy the BubbleUPNP app.

If you are happy with the existing DAC of your receiver, then this is the best option.

CCA will work in this setup.
Laptop to CCA - Wireless
CCA to Denon - Wired (you may have to buy 3.5mm to RCA2 cable; about Rs 100)

Cheers,
Raghu

Actually, I would recommend a mini Toslink to Toslink cable/adapter. The internal DAC of the Chromecast Audio is nothing to write home about.

Amp only coaxial input.no optical.iam using bughead player for audio .foobar also.if I buy cca will its works.

Amp has optical and coaxial input.but my laptop has no

^^
OP's amp may not have OPT in. Looks like only COAX on digital inputs.
Cheers,
Raghu

Amp only coaxial input.no optical.iam using bughead player for audio .foobar also.if I buy cca will its works.

My bad... but I thought it had optical and coaxial inputs based on previous post.

CCA has only Toslink digital output. I'm not sure how its internal DAC will perform for you. I don't use it myself, I use Toslink to DAC.

I am using Chromecast Audio for a month now.But I find
the internal DAC to be of average quality ,in comparison
to the quality of sound I get from YouTube app from my pioneer BDP-180.
Will there be any improvement if I connect it to an external DAC? Are there any DACs in the range of 10k or 15k.

Will there be any improvement if I connect it to an external DAC? Are there any DACs in the range of 10k or 15k.

It is unfair to expect magic from a $35 device. CCA's USP is wireless and convenience.
For a budget of 10-15K you can try the Schiit Modi 2 Uber. It VFM product; I have been using it for a couple of months now.
There should be FMs in Hyd where you can give it a listen.

Cheers,
Raghu

Yes, it will be a huge improvement (of course depending on the quality of the DAC).

I use mine to a DAC, an AVR, and a boombox, and in every instance I have seen an improvement (using Toslink).

thank you all.
But, where can I get schiit modi in India.
Any thoughts on Cambridge Audio DAC magic 100?

Schiit can be bought directly from their site. International shipping and customs has to be borne by customer.
They don't have a presence in India. In US and UK some products are available on Amazon.

CA makes some very good DACs too. I have heard the CA DAC Magic plus; it was very good to my ears (but beyond budget).
DAC Magic 100 comes from the same pedigree (less features, no preamp, etc), so it should be good too.
These you may be audition at CA dealers in Hyd.

Cheers,
Raghu

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back