need help buying home theatre

somegha

hi
my new home is under construction and will be completed by april 2011..... i have a home theatre of width 13 lenght 14.9 and height 10 feet......
my budget is 4-5 lakhs..
my requirements are:
3D LED tv and a blu-ray player supporting 3D
AV receiver and 7.1channel speaker packages..
this is my view... i feel i should have
onkyo TX-NR808 AV receiver
B&W 685 Theatre speaker packages and
Samsung UA55C7000WR 3D LED tv(for my room size is it ok to have a 55 inch tv)....... can u suggest me your opinion..

You seem to have worked out the menu (choice) very well .. Spend a lit part of the money on room acoustics and you are all set.. :)

thanks for d rply bt i m new 2 this so could u pls explain me abt room acoustics.. i hope u wont mind..... n is it 55 inch led is fine for my HT..

Please spend some time reading this thread. And post your questions on room acoustics on same thread.

http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/13653-room-acoustics-thread.html

If your primary need is watching movies and games you can also think of installing a projector + screen . It is totally different experience... Provided enough space in the room or else the LED is just fine.. You are insured for features for few years....

Good luck.
Kittu

i hope u wont mind answerin for my last question which is how 2 make a 5.1 channel speakers to 7.1 channel?? if i m nt wrong then its like gettin same kind of front speakers which are biwirable n just usin them as rear speakers by biwiring........ i hope u wont mind..

i hope u wont mind answerin for my last question which is how 2 make a 5.1 channel speakers to 7.1 channel?? if i m nt wrong then its like gettin same kind of front speakers which are biwirable n just usin them as rear speakers by biwiring........ i hope u wont mind..

I always thought we need to have 2 extra speakers to make it 7.1 .. :p

Just for laughs...

See this small video..

YouTube - How To Setup Home Theater Speakers

HTH
Kittu

Thanks for the nice video. Kittu.
I got one more question after looking at it
If we have satelites , it says the FL and FR can be on the sides of the TV. Do we need to maintain 6ft distance in this case?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back