Need help getting 5.1 speakers

Silence

Need help getting speakers

Hi, I have creative 2.1 speakers currently but I am planning to go for 5.1 speakers for my PC. I am not much of a gaming nut my purpose is for watching movies, and listening to music hence I want the speakers to be perfect for these two purposes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Budget is approx. 20K.
I have heard good reviews about the following (the prices are according to the cnet review):-

1. Altek Lancing FX5051 - Rs. 11,000/-
2. Logitec Z5500 - Rs. 17,500/-
3. Onkyo HT-S5105 27,000/-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kindly tell me which one is better. I would not want to go for costlier models as I am only setting this up as HTPC and not HTiB. Any other suggestion is always welcome but it should be according to the mentioned budget. Also should I get an hd sound card for a better performance, if so kindly tell me which one.

As I am unaware about a lot of things, may I request you to kindly clarify few things for me please.
Can a power sub with a dedicated circuit & power supply be connected to a common power supply unit or do I need to setup something?

I have heard that Onkyo speakers are damaged often if played on a max volume, what is your feedback on that. Will you still say it is an Entry level speaker and if so, why?

Last edited:
Onkyo is a dedicated HT system whereas others are spk syst.
I will prefer Onk & if Budget dont permit,then Z5500.

Prices of ONK is not correct.

3200 =25k
5 & 6 series are little more.

Last edited:
Onkyo is a dedicated HT system whereas others are spk syst.
I will prefer Onk & if Budget dont permit,then Z5500.

Prices of ONK is not correct.

3200 =25k
5 & 6 series are little more.

Thanks for the reply...

I think Onkyo is the best choice among them too. Dude, I have mentioned the price of ONKYO according to the CNET prices.

Onkyo HT-S6200 - (27.5K to 32.5K INR) $589.95 - $699.99

Onkyo HT-S6100 (24.5K) $529.77

Onkyo HT-S5200 (21K to 32.5K) $454.00 to $699.99

Onkyo HT-S3200 - (14K to 17.5K) $299.00 - $379.98

In INDIA retailers steal money like this. I purchased my iPhone 3GS from the US, in India it costs 47k, I bought it directly from apple store from the US for just 14K :D and unloacked it here in a GSM store to use local sim. I think India is becoming a costly place now, we need to move to US or UK where we can afford our living.:eek:hyeah:

BTW, kindly inform me about the prices of HT-S5105, HT-S5200 and HT-S6100. Also, what is the PMPO and RMS of HT-S5105, HT-S5200 and HT-S6100 are they THX certified speakers?

Last edited:
Hi ,
I have read many blogs from audiophiles, they recommend onkyo speakers. They ll cost you around 25k. I have used F&D speakers. They worked well and had soft bass but this pleasure lasted only till 6 months of my purchase. Later I purchased panasonic SC PT 75 (after lot of bargain) for 7k. Still my thirst for upgradin has not come down... My future home theatre would would be Harman kardon wid JBL or onkyo or yamaha.. I heard that yamaha are more sturdy and can be played loud quite more than others..

Hi ,
I have read many blogs from audiophiles, they recommend onkyo speakers. They ll cost you around 25k. I have used F&D speakers. They worked well and had soft bass but this pleasure lasted only till 6 months of my purchase. Later I purchased panasonic SC PT 75 (after lot of bargain) for 7k. Still my thirst for upgradin has not come down... My future home theatre would would be Harman kardon wid JBL or onkyo or yamaha.. I heard that yamaha are more sturdy and can be played loud quite more than others..

Buddy, your reply came after a year and half:D.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back