Need help in finalizing 39-42 inch TV

Guys i'm getting an Toshiba 39" P2305 for 35K hope its a good deal

Man that's amazing price, even I have the same requirement. Can you post a small review for us when you get it :D .

I have to buy within this week, can you (or whoever already owns this TV) test and confirm few things :

1. Can it play full HD mkv files with good bitrate via USB ? My current Samsung plays 720 fine but in 1080 for the bitrate it cannot play sound after a minute.

2. How are the viewing angles.

3. How well it processes the sd content, ie how good is the upscaling.

4. HOw well it compared to Samsung TV wrt the contrast ratio ?

5. The 3 year warranty has any clause that I should know about, warranty on whole tv or some part ?

I was gonna go with samsung or LG again , but they are costly and LG 42 inch non smart tv has horrid contrast.

Guys i'm getting an Toshiba 39" P2305 for 35K hope its a good deal

I got this model delivered home yesterday. price? INR 33741 with three year Toshiba Warranty. The pack was sealed and the box had a wooden frame from outside for protection. :clapping:

Man that's amazing price, even I have the same requirement. Can you post a small review for us when you get it :D .

I have to buy within this week, can you (or whoever already owns this TV) test and confirm few things :

1. Can it play full HD mkv files with good bitrate via USB ? My current Samsung plays 720 fine but in 1080 for the bitrate it cannot play sound after a minute. Yet to test. Can test tonight.

2. How are the viewing angles. Pretty decent

3. How well it processes the sd content, ie how good is the upscaling. I am using Tata Sky HD and happy with the output.

4. HOw well it compared to Samsung TV wrt the contrast ratio ? No Idea

5. The 3 year warranty has any clause that I should know about, warranty on whole tv or some part ? It covers everything except plastic parts+remote etc. Board/Panel is covered.

I was gonna go with samsung or LG again , but they are costly and LG 42 inch non smart tv has horrid contrast.

My previous TV was Samsung 22" full HD LED. So my observations are compared to that :)

Last edited:
I got this model delivered home yesterday. price? INR 33741 with three year Toshiba Warranty. The pack was sealed and the box had a wooden frame from outside for protection. :clapping:

My previous TV was Samsung 22" full HD LED. So my observations are compared to that :)

Congrats bro!!!
You got it in less than price quoted by "tijokjoy". Hope u checked usage hours.
A short/brief review on PQ and other things would help us all!

Thanks man , the price is great ! . Did you buy online ?
On snapdeal I am getting it for similar price but not willing to make this big order online. Snapdeal is still not flipkart :(

Please post detailed impressions later, may be some unboxing pics :D

Usage hours ? Whats this ? :eek:

Its a part of checking panel usage time after the tv arrived home first time, whether we received a fresh piece or demo/used one. normally it should show '0' or less hrs. u can refer the 'sticky' thread here in this forum for other things to check to avoid buying demo/used tv. :rolleyes:

Congrats bro!!!
You got it in less than price quoted by "tijokjoy". Hope u checked usage hours.
A short/brief review on PQ and other things would help us all!
I got a email confirmation from seller that it was a sealed box piece and the box was sealed and the inside packing was also like how it comes from company. I did not find guide to check usage hours for Toshiba.

Thanks man , the price is great ! . Did you buy online ?
On snapdeal I am getting it for similar price but not willing to make this big order online. Snapdeal is still not flipkart :(

Please post detailed impressions later, may be some unboxing pics :D
Thanks buddy. I got it from Ebay. Actually I was about to pick from Snapdeal but then randomly did a search on ebay and found this piece listed for Rs 37490 - Rs 3749 OFF for EBAYBASH12 coupon. Talked to seller and confirm if its Genuine piece with India warranty and he affirmed the same. Also manufactured date is Jan 2014 :)

Couple of pics from mobile. Can take more pics using SLR if required :D

The frame packing by seller for protection
IMG_20140324_183533.jpg

The TV :D
IMG_20140324_205926.jpg

My Old Baby TV and New One.
IMG_20140325_060205.jpg

Its a part of checking panel usage time after the tv arrived home first time, whether we received a fresh piece or demo/used one. normally it should show '0' or less hrs. u can refer the 'sticky' thread here in this forum for other things to check to avoid buying demo/used tv. :rolleyes:

Oh , Thanks, first day in forum. :)

Thanks buddy. I got it from Ebay. Actually I was about to pick from Snapdeal but then randomly did a search on ebay and found this piece listed for Rs 37490 - Rs 3749 OFF for EBAYBASH12 coupon. Talked to seller and confirm if its Genuine piece with India warranty and he affirmed the same. Also manufactured date is Jan 2014 :)

Great, I will check local shops today for the TV to see it in person. Can you share the ebay seller name, I will order from that person only (packaging is good).

Try playing full Hd bluray rips, my samsung fails in that operation as mentioned earlier hence I am curious to know.

Btw, does the package contain wall mount ?

Last edited:
Great, I will check local shops today for the TV to see it in person. Can you share the ebay seller name, I will order from that person only (packaging is good).

Try playing full Hd bluray rips, my samsung fails in that operation as mentioned earlier hence I am curious to know.

I dont have much idea about what is Blue Ray etc. You can PM and direct me towards some file and ill check it tonight itself. Seller details are below. Ask him if any more pieces are available. upnyaas12 on eBay contact 07502971987.

1. Can it play full HD mkv files with good bitrate via USB ? My current Samsung plays 720 fine but in 1080 for the bitrate it cannot play sound after a minute.

5. The 3 year warranty has any clause that I should know about, warranty on whole tv or some part ?

1. Plays mkv videos fine(Both 1080p n 720p) n supports 28 movie formats
2. Viewing angles are really good and on par with Panasonic n Samsung.. Not gonna compare with Sony coz i didn't check it :p
3. Unfortunately SD depends on your cable/dth operator n even if its not good can't really blame the tv for it.. Why i'm telling this is coz i played a movie on my dvd n everything was perfect but the tv channels look average n i dunno y but some channels like DD 1,Bindaas etc look better than crt lol :p that tells you that it depends on the box n i highly recommend Tata Sky HD or if you get cable HD box go for it :)
4. Samsung might be a bit better but believe me this tv won't disappoint you
5. Should cover everything

Btw, does the package contain wall mount ?

No, Package won't contain wall mounting brackets but you'll have to call toshiba n a guy will come next day for wall mounting.. If you don't wanna wall mount then he'll give you the parts n will leave :) i chose not to wall mount as we'll be shifting in 2mnths..

I got a email confirmation from seller that it was a sealed box piece and the box was sealed and the inside packing was also like how it comes from company. I did not find guide to check usage hours for Toshiba.

Couple of pics from mobile. Can take more pics using SLR if required :D

The frame packing by seller for protection
View attachment 13941

The TV :D
View attachment 13942

My Old Baby TV and New One.
View attachment 13943

Okay now you'll be of some help.. Can you post some pics of Star Sports HD 1,HD 2,Ten HD,Six HD,Discovery HD World,NGC HD,Sony HD n Life Ok HD using SLR? N pls post the best quality pics :) i've already seen HD movies on the tv but dunno how HD channels will look like

1. Plays mkv videos fine(Both 1080p n 720p) n supports 28 movie formats
2. Viewing angles are really good and on par with Panasonic n Samsung.. Not gonna compare with Sony coz i didn't check it :p
3. Unfortunately SD depends on your cable/dth operator n even if its not good can't really blame the tv for it.. Why i'm telling this is coz i played a movie on my dvd n everything was perfect but the tv channels look average n i dunno y but some channels like DD 1,Bindaas etc look better than crt lol :p that tells you that it depends on the box n i highly recommend Tata Sky HD or if you get cable HD box go for it :)
4. Samsung might be a bit better but believe me this tv won't disappoint you
5. Should cover everything

Thx man :) , going to visit Vijay Sales after office hours. If the price is not right , will order from ebay.

Btw , one question if anyone knows. I live in MH and the sellers are usually from Delhi, will I be charged Local body tax or any other kind of tax on online purchase ? I usually buy from flipkart and have not paid such tax yet, still want to know as tax on this will be big if applicable.

WOW my thread has grown big :p

Wow thats really cheap but make sure that they're not selling a demo piece coz i didn't find a showroom that sells it for that kinda price! Are you buying it from a local dealer??
yes i'm getting it from a local dealer in my hometown. So i have to pick it while i go home, may be next week. i got it for the dealer base price through my cousin who is into business. Yes its a Sealed pack & its been delivered in my house.

Sorry cant comment on these as i haven't taken it with me, but ope you got the answers from the fellow member's who owns the set

Guys I have created a review thread with all the photos etc so that this thread is not cluttered. Its with mods for approval as I am a new member here :) Please bear with me till its made available.

Thx man :) , going to visit Vijay Sales after office hours. If the price is not right , will order from ebay.

Btw , one question if anyone knows. I live in MH and the sellers are usually from Delhi, will I be charged Local body tax or any other kind of tax on online purchase ? I usually buy from flipkart and have not paid such tax yet, still want to know as tax on this will be big if applicable.

In Vijay Sales you'll get it for like 37-39k which is not bad as i bought from Pai International Udupi for 38k.. Its an obvious fact that you'll have to spend atleast 3-4k more than snapdeal/ebay as you get better after sales service from them! Don't take any kinda risk by purchasing online.. One might have a very good experience while the other might suffer.Then its your choice :) n i guess its the bcoz of the tax that the price in the showrooms are so expensive..

40 k on vijay sales. I will buy online if I decide to go with this tv. Else for 47k LG 42 incher is a better deal.

Back