Need help in finalizing 39-42 inch TV

Called Snapdeal today with following questions : (may this will help others in forum)

Q. I live in MH, what if I am charged LBT (local body tax) on the final bill ?
A. Keep the receipt of that tax, send it to us (scan) and we will refund it, you only pay the price specified on snapdeal, nothing extra. Same case is not with ebay india, you will have to pay the extra tax.

Q. What about the warranty on products, sometimes companies do not honor the warranty specifying that the distributor you got Item from is not a authorized one (has happened with me).
A. That can be the case if some company has such clause, Snapdeal has not encountered this so far but the best thing you can do is to call the company customer care and inquire about the validity of warranty when buying from snapdeal.

I am going to call toshiba tomorrow to get the answer on this before ordering. Not getting the item from ebay for sure.

Last edited:
Hi All and owners of Toshiba products, this is FYI.

I called Toshiba support today to confirm about the warranty of products, they said of you are buying online warranty is not guaranteed !

If you have bought the TV , you will have to send us the serial number. We will then let you know if you are eligible for Installation support and Warranty. snapdeal/Ebay/etc are not their official partners.

So guys who have bought the TV online, send their Serial numbers to Toshiba to Avail any warranty. Currently your prod is out of warranty.

Also please post your experience here when you go through this process.

I called Toshiba support today to confirm about the warranty of products, they said of you are buying online warranty is not guaranteed !

If you have bought the TV , you will have to send us the serial number. We will then let you know if you are eligible for Installation support and Warranty. snapdeal/Ebay/etc are not their official partners.

So guys who have bought the TV online, send their Serial numbers to Toshiba to Avail any warranty. Currently your prod is out of warranty.

Hope everyone gets the warranty.
This is why i didn't opt to purchase online, even if it was cheaper.

I talked to Toshiba and also the seller about this before placing order. It seems this notice was for those importing TVs from Malaysia/Indonesia and selling them here. The Toshiba guy came yesterday demoed the TV, gave me wall mount, verified the bill, checked serial number and confirmed that I have warranty. :)

I talked to Toshiba and also the seller about this before placing order. It seems this notice was for those importing TVs from Malaysia/Indonesia and selling them here. The Toshiba guy came yesterday demoed the TV, gave me wall mount, verified the bill, checked serial number and confirmed that I have warranty. :)

Great, now I am less worried. All set to get TV , but one issue, TV does not support DTS audio and most of the HD mkv files use that. So this tv will give "audio not supported" message in this type of files.

Great, now I am less worried. All set to get TV , but one issue, TV does not support DTS audio and most of the HD mkv files use that. So this tv will give "audio not supported" message in this type of files.

if you want DTS support then go for Samsung EH5000 or something.. I wanted to buy it but then i saw some ppl had edgelit bleeding issues n all + only 1yr warranty n samsung these days isn't reliable at all.. Stay away from Samsung! Don't be cheap n spend 10-15k more n get a tv that supports whatever features u want.. This tv is for ppl who want a big screen tv n have a tight budget n want vfm! Rethink n wait for some time coz this tv might not be the one for you :mad:

Won't be there any work arounds for this? like the making hte TV Smart by buying a smart Blue ray player

Ok so its final
This Amazing Toshiba TV + Android quad core TV dongle = one kick-ass package :D.

What will I get : (Cost 7k, cheaper dual core dongles available for 3k)

* Smart features
* Android apps library on TV , Jelly bean available + good developer support
* All imaginable codec support via VLC, MX player
* local Network full HD Streaming, can play movies streaming from my local server to TV, currently I stream on my S4.
* Internet on TV :D ,youtube , browsing etc.
* Phone acts as a remote, or one can buy a dedicated Bluetooth remote, or you can use mouse kb. I prefer phone as remote (everyone in my home has a Android smartphone,so problem solved)
* Screen Mirroring.

Ok so its final
This Amazing Toshiba TV + Android quad core TV dongle = one kick-ass package :D.

What will I get : (Cost 7k, cheaper dual core dongles available for 3k)

* Smart features
* Android apps library on TV , Jelly bean available + good developer support
* All imaginable codec support via VLC, MX player
* local Network full HD Streaming, can play movies streaming from my local server to TV, currently I stream on my S4.
* Internet on TV :D ,youtube , browsing etc.
* Phone acts as a remote, or one can buy a dedicated Bluetooth remote, or you can use mouse kb. I prefer phone as remote (everyone in my home has a Android smartphone,so problem solved)
* Screen Mirroring.

That's some information. WOOHOO. SO our TV can me Smart for another 7 K max with full functionality

Absolutely, and better than smart TV in many cases. Ebay is fill of such devices, small and portable.

You are picking L3300 or P2305? I thought P2305 does not come with mirroring?
Also "* local Network full HD Streaming, can play movies streaming from my local server to TV, currently I stream on my S4." What you mean by this? Sorry I am a noob.

Last edited:
You are picking L3300 or P2305? I thought P2305 does not come with mirroring?
Also "* local Network full HD Streaming, can play movies streaming from my local server to TV, currently I stream on my S4." What you mean by this? Sorry I am a noob.

I am picking up P2305, screen mirrong will be available through the Android dongle.
Local network streaming means accessing video content (or any other type of content for that matter) from a server (can be a PC or HDD attached to a router that supports it) in home via wifi connection. So I have all my video content in a hdd and I stream it to my android phone and dont need the content be present in my phone. Once you have such central location you can access the same content via any wifi enabled device in your home, like tv.

Hope this helps, search NAS on google for more info, check video reviews of these android dongles on youtube before buying.

Last edited:
Wow, so many ppl are buying the toshiba p2305 over sony/samsung :) good to see ppl now a days choosing wisely n not spending the same amount on a 32incher!

Ordered tv 34k . will be delivered on Monday.
Will be posting my impressions soon after spending some time with it.

I went to Kerala & got mine from the authorized Toshiba outlet. It was a sealed pack one checked everything got the warranty cards stamped .
Got mine to Bangalore connected & I find it very much VFM. good colour & picture quality. Sound is too good. Now i'm having only SD channels & watching HD movies downloaded ones. i find the TV very easy to install & use. I would recommend it to anyone.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back