Need help in finalizing 39-42 inch TV

tijokjoy

Hi all,
I need help in finalizing 39-42 inch TV.
I'm planning to buy a LED tv which has the following functions:
  1. Full HD
  2. Non Smart, Non 3D
  3. Good Picture quality
  4. Good Sound
  5. VFM
  6. Reliable
  7. Good Warranty & Services
  8. 39 - 42 inches Screen Size

My Usage is mostly to be
  1. Watching TV in non HD DTH
  2. Watching Downloaded full HD movies.

I watch News, Movies & Sports 1234 :) channels
I had just went & looked around & found Toshiba, priced less than the LG, Sony ,Samsung brands & had 3 year warranty.
My cousin has bought the Cricket Series 39 inch one & he is happy with it.
He got it for 35 K's. in Kerala, My question is what is missing in Toshiba compared to Sony,Samsung, LG the price diff is around 10 K Plus.
I couldn't find any reviews on Toshiba LED TV's sold in India.
How is Philips LED TV's?

My Budget is around 35K i'm willing to stretch if only its worth it. So please Guide me here.

Hi all,
I need help in finalizing 39-42 inch TV.
I'm planning to buy a LED tv which has the following functions:
  1. Full HD
  2. Non Smart, Non 3D
  3. Good Picture quality
  4. Good Sound
  5. VFM
  6. Reliable
  7. Good Warranty & Services
  8. 39 - 42 inches Screen Size

My Usage is mostly to be
  1. Watching TV in non HD DTH
  2. Watching Downloaded full HD movies.

I watch News, Movies & Sports 1234 :) channels
I had just went & looked around & found Toshiba, priced less than the LG, Sony ,Samsung brands & had 3 year warranty.
My cousin has bought the Cricket Series 39 inch one & he is happy with it.
He got it for 35 K's. in Kerala, My question is what is missing in Toshiba compared to Sony,Samsung, LG the price diff is around 10 K Plus.
I couldn't find any reviews on Toshiba LED TV's sold in India.
How is Philips LED TV's?

My Budget is around 35K i'm willing to stretch if only its worth it. So please Guide me here.

Bought a Toshiba 39P2305 and believe me the PQ is as good as Panasonic/Samsung and i also did the side by side comparision... What toshiba lacks is quality hardware and the brand is not really that popular.. For ur budget this is the best tv you can get! SD quality isn't good though but i'm ok with it coz the problem is also with my STB

Bought a Toshiba 39P2305 and believe me the PQ is as good as Panasonic/Samsung and i also did the side by side comparision... What toshiba lacks is quality hardware and the brand is not really that popular.. For ur budget this is the best tv you can get! SD quality isn't good though but i'm ok with it coz the problem is also with my STB

Could you help me with the Price & Place you have bought it for? how long has it been now? Any quality hardware issues till now? Is worth to push the budget beyond for another brands? Any negative issues till now with the TV you ahve experienced?

Could you help me with the Price & Place you have bought it for? how long has it been now? Any quality hardware issues till now? Is worth to push the budget beyond for another brands? Any negative issues till now with the TV you ahve experienced?

Bought it last sunday from PAI international in Udupi for 38k which is not a bad price n i'm sure in big cities you'll get it for 36-37k...n so far it has been a very good experience...There are no hardware issues or any othere kinda problems but sd doesn't look good n that is coz of my shit cable box... I'm 100% sure it'll look grt on Tata Sky or any other DTH... and HD looks too good :) will post a few pics here but the quality of the pics aren't good coz of my 5mp camera without flash :mad:
1080p
da5yjepa.jpg

720p
sujejyma.jpg

SD
vuzuza8y.jpg

one more suggestion :) if you don't believe in what i say do a side by side comparision with samsung/panasonic n i bet you won't find any difference

Hi

Here are some links to make you understand the difference in LCDs LEDs and Plasmas...

LCD vs LED vs Plasma

LED vs LCD vs plasma TV - Which? Technology

Can LED LCD look as good as plasma? | TV and Home Theater - CNET Reviews

I use a Toshiba....I went window shopping checked out all models and seen all features...did a side by side comparision.....some models did not meet my expectations...big brands like Sony or LG are expensive...warranty is only one year....I finally settled for the Toshiba PU 200 series 32 inch...has front soundbar....USB port which reads 28 movie formats easily, multiple inputs like HDMI, Component, PC, AV etc.....the sound and picture quality is good...most imp.....3 years warranty.....Vijay sales offered 5-8% discount on mrp...I went to my local dealer and purchased it almost 25% cheaper with the same 3 years warranty,.....

All the best

Bought it last sunday from PAI international in Udupi for 38k which is not a bad price n i'm sure in big cities you'll get it for 36-37k...n so far it has been a very good experience...There are no hardware issues or any othere kinda problems but sd doesn't look good n that is coz of my shit cable box... I'm 100% sure it'll look grt on Tata Sky or any other DTH... and HD looks too good :) will post a few pics here but the quality of the pics aren't good coz of my 5mp camera without flash :mad:
1080p
da5yjepa.jpg

720p
sujejyma.jpg

SD
vuzuza8y.jpg

one more suggestion :) if you don't believe in what i say do a side by side comparision with samsung/panasonic n i bet you won't find any difference

Hi

Here are some links to make you understand the difference in LCDs LEDs and Plasmas...

LCD vs LED vs Plasma

LED vs LCD vs plasma TV - Which? Technology

Can LED LCD look as good as plasma? | TV and Home Theater - CNET Reviews

I use a Toshiba....I went window shopping checked out all models and seen all features...did a side by side comparision.....some models did not meet my expectations...big brands like Sony or LG are expensive...warranty is only one year....I finally settled for the Toshiba PU 200 series 32 inch...has front soundbar....USB port which reads 28 movie formats easily, multiple inputs like HDMI, Component, PC, AV etc.....the sound and picture quality is good...most imp.....3 years warranty.....Vijay sales offered 5-8% discount on mrp...I went to my local dealer and purchased it almost 25% cheaper with the same 3 years warranty,.....

All the best
Thanks for the replies.
I'm inclined towards Toshiba as it seems VFM & good reviews from you guys.
Yes i had visited & saw the TV's of other brands side by side didnt find any noticeable diff in PQ.
I'm surprised why Toshiba is giving us options of 39,40 but not 42 inches, any idea on that?
I have an old Sony HIFi system, so wanted to connect the sound from TV to that, does this Cricket series has aux out?headphone jack?
So if not Toshiba, Any other VFM offering from other brands you guys wanna a suggest?

Thanks for your comments. It was very informative, so I'm almost sold out for Toshiba, as i see it VFM.
Does this Toshiba model has headphone/Aux out ?
I'm having an old Sony HIFI system so planing to use it for audio from TV.
Is there any other options other than Toshiba's?

Thanks for your comments. It was very informative, so I'm almost sold out for Toshiba, as i see it VFM.
Does this Toshiba model has headphone/Aux out ?
I'm having an old Sony HIFI system so planing to use it for audio from TV.
Is there any other options other than Toshiba's?

no need of headphone out as there are wireless headphones available online n also in the market which you can connect with RCA cable :) i'm also buying one soon.. N yeah even i got no idea why Toshiba doesn't have a 42inch model coz even i'd have bought that if they did but there isn't much difference though :D so go n get Toshiba n remember not to forget that the model number is 39P2305 coz PU200 looks same

There is a series in Toshiba (Non Cricket) which comes with a black bezel. Do check that.
no need of headphone out as there are wireless headphones available online n also in the market which you can connect with RCA cable :) i'm also buying one soon.. N yeah even i got no idea why Toshiba doesn't have a 42inch model coz even i'd have bought that if they did but there isn't much difference though :D so go n get Toshiba n remember not to forget that the model number is 39P2305 coz PU200 looks same

Guys Any Idea what is IPS Panel. Read its manufactured by LG & hence better PQ in LG, I'll look into LG products too. But they give only 1 year warranty.
So what about LG & the So called IPS panels? Is it Different from the panel that Toshiba's having? Got to see online model LG 42LN5400 around 47K IS it worth to look into this whats you Opinion
So Is there any other VFM offering you suggest?
As this is March month is it wise to wait for another month to get the new 2014 version released?

Last edited:
Guys Any Idea what is IPS Panel. Read its manufactured by LG & hence better PQ in LG, I'll look into LG products too. But they give only 1 year warranty.
So what about LG & the So called IPS panels? Is it Different from the panel that Toshiba's having? Got to see online model LG 42LN5400 around 47K IS it worth to look into this whats you Opinion
As this is March month is it wise to wait for another month to get the new 2014 version released?

VFM -----> Sharp,Philips n Toshiba.LG n all don't come under this category ! At this price you're not going to get any 40" tv from the so called big 4 brands... If you want a 42inch tv for 34-35k from LG you cab go for the plasma which is a HD ready tv with 1HDMI port n you get all the necessary features but i didn't want to get a plasma coz of the initial problems n the burn in n all i just can't take care of that coz for me a tv is just a tv :D BTW you're not going to get a 3yrs warranty from any of the big brands n you'll have to pay for the extended warranty if they do provide it... Why waste 50-70k 42" tv now when u can save the money now and get a 55" tv after 5years.. believe me there's hardly any difference between a 42" n a 39" tv n last thing i'd like to remind you "A TV IS JUST A TV" it just doesn't matter if you buy sharp or sony coz our first tv was sharp 14" crt which was bought in 1997 n we sold it in 2007 to my dads frnd n its still running..in 2007 we bought a philips 21" n sold it last week(its still working properly) n got a Toshiba... My dad is a big fan of sony but in the end we always end up buying a VFM product :) buy the tv which you like n is VFM n also read the reviews

that LG LN5400 is okay but comes with the same features that Toshiba has but only 1year warranty! If you're ready to spend that much then check panasonic :) coz i saw their 40inch tv(dunno the model numbr) which was very good n i did side by side comparision with my Toshiba n there was no difference so i bought the Toshiba for 10k lesser than the panasonic n now i feel thay i did the right thing BTW i'm unbiased n if u feel that there r other brands which provide better features for the same price go for it but spend wisely

Last edited:
Hi

I use the PU series which is the Black Bezel design....I think....so far almost a year...excellent performance.....works fine with my Home Theatre system (blu ray). PQ is decent enough......worth its money and most important the 3 year warranty...

There is not much difference in 42 or 40 inch......40 will suit just fine....check your options for the best competitive rate

All the best

Last edited:
Plasma PQ looks awesome.. Large :)

So finally fixed for Toshiba but now the other confusion arises, the 39P2305 vs 39L3300. So please help in here too :)

if you need the screen mirroring feature you can go for it but if you don't then it'll be of no use spending 4-5k more... :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back