Need help in finalizing my HT package

sunilary5

Hello there..!

I need some help in deciding My choice of HT package...

I auditioned...

A/V-Onkyo-606
Speakers-Pure Acoutics(Dreams)-120W/Ch
Sub-Skw-204 from onkyo

I know PA(dreams) is not in the hit list as people hardly heard or reviewed about this product.Adding to it..PA(dreams) is not a perfect match with Onkyo-606. since, onkyo-606 is 175W/Ch. However, I'm planning to shift my house in few months time frame.During that time I would go for tower speakers.

The precise reason for opting PA-Dreams speakers are..they're bookshelf, not huge in size and it can be easily placed. I live in a pent house with 16x12. I've another concern here, I feel Skw-204 is lacking in power and does not produce deep bass or thump.Ultimately, I am not pleased with Onkyo skw-204

But, its a package of A/V,Speakers and Sub for 51k.

Plz, tell me..is 51k is worth spending for the above HT package? It's inclusive of Cables.

Since,I'm a great lover of Subwoofer-I've plans to go for Klipsch Sub-10 in the place of SKW-204. If I opt for Klipsch sub-10 then, the package cost goes to 62k.

I would greatly appreciate your valuable inputs and opinions if any?

Mostly, with in couple of days i'm going to place my order.

Thanks,

Sunil

Hi,

A/V-Onkyo-606 - Very good
Speakers-Pure Acoutics(Dreams)-120W/Ch - Not heard much!
Sub-Skw-204 from onkyo - Definitly No!

Even i am planning to buy a sub,trust me the Klipsch sub 10 is excellent, it will shake the whole room with rumbling bass. Its definitly a good bang for 21k or so. I may look for its big brother sub 12" also as suggested by forum members.

If you plan to keep your equipments for long dont cheap it out.Speakers are the most important equipment for music. There is no use to get a good receiver with bad speakers, I would suggest Buy a 2nds Receiver for now and get the better speakers for the fronts, other wise you will surely regret in future. I am saying so because my receiver is just 60watts/channel but it delivers clear power to my Polk RtiA5 fronts with lots of punch and clarity for my room.

I have polks and love them, so you can look at its site for its RtiA book sheves, it has good reviews, also check for Wharhdale-Diamond, i have never heard them though,other forum members can help.

Krish

Hi krish,

Thanks alot for your valuable inputs...

Since, its a package-I got the Qoute as 51k and I cannot break it.

Let me breakdown the package..Here the receiver itself cost about 36k.

PA dreams speakers and Onkyo Subwoofer SKW-204(15K)

Krish, If possible propose a suitable HT package for 50k?

Thanks,

Sunil

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back