Need help in selecting a home theatre.. Budget 60K INR

Aravind89

Hi Audiophiles,

I'm Arvind from Chennai and I have planned to purchase a home theater and the budget I have in my mind is 60K. The speaker will be placed in hall and I will be watching some good blu ray movies and music occasionally.

I have just returned from Sony show room and they suggested me to buy "BDV-N9200W" - Amazon link.

It sounded really good and it costs 57K in Sony showroom. Since I'm investing huge amount in the speakers, I would like to know the pros and cons of purchasing this one. Is it advisable to purchase this one or I could see lot of suggestions from experts which sounds like a great brand like (Onkyo, denon) but im not aware of it. So, kindly help me in selecting a perfect home theater as its my hard earned money which im going to invest.

One of the biggest factor which I liked about the sony speaker is, it is a complete no-non-sense speaker. Rear speakers are wireless and it has 2 HDMI inputs, so I dont need to change the wire when changing from DTH to TV.

Thanks for your help guys. Expecting some suggestions from you people. If possible share the link of the speakers you suggest. I know nothing about speakers.

57k is a good budget .dont waste it on sony .go for (onkyo,denon)entry level avr plus any(polk,wharfedale,boston,etc)5.1 package....
or 2.1 first
i have heard above sony system it is nothing but poison for ears

57k is a good budget .dont waste it on sony .go for (onkyo,denon)entry level avr plus any(polk,wharfedale,boston,etc)5.1 package....
or 2.1 first
i have heard above sony system it is nothing but poison for ears ///

Piyush,

Thanks for the reply, could you please elaborate. Can you tell me any model in onkyo or denon and will they be having all the features which I expect without having to plug in multiple wires every time.. Can i connect my phone via bluetooth to listen songs? Could you please help me on this. Thanks again.

Guys,

I could see lot of views but only one reply. Im planning to buy for this Diwali. Since you guys are expert in this section, can someone plz come forward to guide me. It would be really great. I dont want to purchase a wrong product for 60K and regret after a year or so.

My request for the fellow audiophiles to guide me in the right way thanks..

For strict budget
Check some entry level pioneer avr (they will be having lan connectivity for your wireless music ) plus any 5.1 speaker package
For lil flexible budget
Go for denon x500+Polk rm705 or 6750 or energy take classic ...
As per your budget
And if you are ok with step by step build
Denonx1000 plus front (qacoustics 1020) and any subwoofer

You may look at Denon 510 or 520BT and pair it with Boston Acoustics S 5.1 Soundware for speakers. This might be a little over budget, but sure value for money.

Since you already have bluray player as source, an entry level Yamaha HTR2067 will be good, which is around 22k street price, remaining money can be spent on Boston acoustics 2310 which is better then Boston Acoustics S 5.1 IMO.

You could also look for used ones, both avr and speakers. You may get much better deal and products in your budget.

Check the "for sale" section if there is anything that suits you.

Recently there have been many AVRs on sale.

Back