Need help in selecting right amplifier

Partham62

Hi

I am Partha, I'm from kolkata. I wish to buy a good quality amplifier and compatable speakers, my budget is between 1-1.5lacs. I generally listen to old bollywood songs which are soft in nature, country music, bengali including Rabindrasangeet. My kids may occationally listen to contemporary music both hindi n english.

Please help in selecting the right fit and where can i get it.

Regards/Partha

Hello Partha,
Welcome to the Forum. Kindly could you provide more info about your room size,Audio Source like LP\CD\PC etc.This gives fair Idea to suggest.

Generally You could split the budget in following way out - 40% Speaker,30-40% for amp,10-15 %for the Source (DVD\DAC etc) and remaining for the Cables and acoustic treatment.

According to the room size you could choose Book Shelf or Floor standing.

Arcam\Marantz\Nad are few warm-neutral sounding amplifiers which should be quite accessible. Since you have nice budget- Just plan things audition and then purchase them.

All the best for your purchase.

Hi
Thanks for ur response. My room size is 180 sft however there are furnitures.. My source would be CD and Handheld device like usb or iPod/ iPhone/iPad & laptop too.

Hope this info would be helpful for guiding me.

Partha

Sound advice from Audio_Freek.

Kolkata now has lots of options for you to explore. The very best way to select your equipment is to listen to them.
Visit Harmonie Audio in New Alipore, SKS Traders in Paddapukur, ProFx at Hindusthan Park for various speaker and amplifier combinations.

Hi Partha,

180 sqft. can accommodate floor standing speakers, but there are also couple of good bookshelf speakers which can also make you happy. Regarding the amp/ speaker combinations, please visit the dealers mentioned by shibashis.

During audition time, I found the speakers offered by Harmonie Audio/ SKS Traders are better if you are considering only the stereo setup. But it depends on you only. Call them before going and tell your budget, so that they can pre arrange stereo setup according to your budget. Also take your sample audio CD and listen the same song to each setup.

Hi

I am Partha, I'm from kolkata. I wish to buy a good quality amplifier and compatable speakers, my budget is between 1-1.5lacs. I generally listen to old bollywood songs which are soft in nature, country music, bengali including Rabindrasangeet. My kids may occationally listen to contemporary music both hindi n english.

Please help in selecting the right fit and where can i get it.

Regards/Partha

You may consider Arcam plus Monitor Audio RX 6 / Dali Ikon 6 combination. it will be within your budget especially since there is an Arcam A28 for sale in the forum. I have used the amp (A38 though) and found it very good and the pairing with MA / Dali is very good too.
Good luck.

Even I suggest Arcam A19 + MA Rx6 for a warm/neutral sounding setup and close to your budget; I have the same combo and thoroughly enjoying the setup. However pl try to audition and purchase.

Hey Guys, The Cambridge Audio Topaz SR 10 is selling at Rs.26000 online...didnt ask SKS Traders yet.
What are your opinions about the Onkyo A9030 ? The "Promises" owner swears by Onkyo.

My budget actually only permits me to buy Norge 1000 Gold (with speaker protection @ 1k extra). But somehow Im not getting the courage to buy it. Reasons - No Sub Pre Out, No Tuner, and not enough reviews. Then i stumbled upon CA SR 10/20. Will the CA SR 10/20 be better than Yamaha R-s201 ?? Both are rated at 80-85 WPC @ 8 ohms

In case I stretch my budget to 24-25k levels, what will be the best Stereo Receiver or Stereo Amp with enough power to drive 2-Way Floorstanders or 3Way Floorstanders. I like my music loud and bass heavy.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back