Need help in setting my 5.1?

Richy87

Hi HT experts, I am new here and totally NOT HT savy at all - hence the need for your pointers. I'm moving to my new apartment in a couple of months and I'm setting up my first system. I have a limited budget for starters of finishing the setup under 1.50L INR. Hence narrowed it down to the following after googling a lot -

1. Four Bookshelfs - Q Acoustics 3010i or 3020i
2. Center - Q Acoustics 3090Ci
3. Denon x2600H 7.2..(a year later would like to add 2 Atmos Wharfedale WCM 80) if need be -
4. Sub - Totally Confused between a) Polk HTS 12 (Class D) OR b) new Taga H Platinum SW-10 v3 (Class A/B) OR c) Wharfedale D10..
I'm more inclined towards the TGH sw10 v3 as its 240RMS/750 peak (more natural and detail and much needed as Q's 3000 series have no bass) but I'm concerned as it is Class A/B (Excess power consumption). However I have heard that Class D (Digital signal) amps are the latest and best in performance.

My Living room size is 17x10 Feet and TV to seating distance is on the longer side -17 feet)... Hence the thought of needing a powerful Bass at the same time, I don't want to boom my neighbours on the floor below.

Your inputs and thoughts would be much appreciated - especially to choose from the above 3 subs?

Speakers I would suggest to go with pioneer Andrew Jones.
Elac Subwoofer with app controls.
Use the remaining budget for AVR.

[Calibrating the subwoofer is extremely important.]

If u are okay with pre owned stuff .. there are lot of fms selling their gears in classified section. This would help get best bang for the buck

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back