Need help in setting my 5.1?

Richy87

Hi HT experts, I am new here and totally NOT HT savy at all - hence the need for your pointers. I'm moving to my new apartment in a couple of months and I'm setting up my first system. I have a limited budget for starters of finishing the setup under 1.50L INR. Hence narrowed it down to the following after googling a lot -

1. Four Bookshelfs - Q Acoustics 3010i or 3020i
2. Center - Q Acoustics 3090Ci
3. Denon x2600H 7.2..(a year later would like to add 2 Atmos Wharfedale WCM 80) if need be -
4. Sub - Totally Confused between a) Polk HTS 12 (Class D) OR b) new Taga H Platinum SW-10 v3 (Class A/B) OR c) Wharfedale D10..
I'm more inclined towards the TGH sw10 v3 as its 240RMS/750 peak (more natural and detail and much needed as Q's 3000 series have no bass) but I'm concerned as it is Class A/B (Excess power consumption). However I have heard that Class D (Digital signal) amps are the latest and best in performance.

My Living room size is 17x10 Feet and TV to seating distance is on the longer side -17 feet)... Hence the thought of needing a powerful Bass at the same time, I don't want to boom my neighbours on the floor below.

Your inputs and thoughts would be much appreciated - especially to choose from the above 3 subs?

Speakers I would suggest to go with pioneer Andrew Jones.
Elac Subwoofer with app controls.
Use the remaining budget for AVR.

[Calibrating the subwoofer is extremely important.]

If u are okay with pre owned stuff .. there are lot of fms selling their gears in classified section. This would help get best bang for the buck

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back