Need help in setting up HT

Sanchitpkl

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased the below HT setup:
Denon 2600H
Dali Spektor 2 and Zensor Vokal
Polk HTS12

I have completed the wiring, and run Audessey couple of times but wasn’t satisfied with the audio quality at all. Might sound stupid, but sound quality was comparable to my Internal TV speakers. I tried changing some settings with the help of the dealer technician but that also didn’t help much.

Need experts’ opinions on this issue if anyone has faced similar issues in the past when started the HT journey. This is now making me feel like I wasted a lot of money and should have rather got a Sony HTiB at 1/3rd the price.

Hi everyone,

Denon 2600H
Polk HTS12

I have completed the wiring, and run Audessey couple of times but wasn’t satisfied with the audio quality at all. Might sound stupid, but sound quality was comparable to my Internal TV speakers. I tried changing some settings with the help of the dealer technician but that also didn’t help much.

Need experts’ opinions on this issue if anyone has faced similar issues in the past when started the HT journey. This is now making me feel like I wasted a lot of money and should have rather got a Sony HTiB at 1/3rd the price.
Hi Sanchit,

setting up any AVR is no joke and I learnt it the hard way too. I have pousted screen grabs of complete settings of my denon. Hope it helps. see link to post below.

Hi everyone,

Denon 2600H
Polk HTS12

Is it just about the sound quality or is it not even loud?

Hi Sanchit,

setting up any AVR is no joke and I learnt it the hard way too. I have pousted screen grabs of complete settings of my denon. Hope it helps. see link to post below.

I have tried matching your settings, but still not getting better sound quality

Is it just about the sound quality or is it not even loud?
Just about the sound quality, it gets loud enough on increasing the volume.
I can feel the difference on extremely higher volumes when TV speaker sound gets distorted, HT sound stays intact. But, generally, we don't listen to such high volume.

What I really want to know from all the experts here is, what could be the reason behind this issue:
1. Input Source
2. Speaker Placement

But, does the above reasons really make that big a difference that HT sounds comparable to stock TV speakers?
------------------------------

3. At low volumes, one won't find a difference. Is that a case with everyone here?
4. My decision on the speakers: I had to choose between 2 options in my budget range: QAcoustics 3020i or Dali Spektor 2, and I went ahead with Dali Spektor 2 considering the vocal clarity in the Zensor Vokal Center speaker. Was my decision correct or Dali is only good to go for clear voice or dialogues only, and for rest of the genres, QAcoustics is better than Dali?

You need work on your placement. It very difficult to get the desired sound even if you get a different speakers. What you have is already good. So do some changes.
Move the sub from Left To right 1st and try please.
Also, how are you connected to the AVR. Would that be using the ARC or Optical?

Hi everyone,

Denon 2600H
Polk HTS12

Some thing is on serious placement /settings problem. Try doing the following.
Do a sub crawl for the correct placement.
Then Do Audyssey calibration placing the mic only on ur main seating position - Not as shown 8 points in GUI ,it may not suit all time.(if u haveAudyssey App ,try limiting the eq say upto 300 / 500 hz,u may need to experiment ,try different range so that it will suit ur requirement,Also u can check for the mid range compensation feature required or not.).
After this play with AVR manual settings. Cross over etc can be checked and suited to ur requirement.
Try checking with Direct mode sound too ,sometimes once the distance( delays) are set for the speaker,the sound will be good without any Audyssey correction etc...( Some FM have benefited by using this mode).

Try changing the subwoofer distance +/- foot manually,so that if any phase issues are there ,it may get resolved .
If possible do some basic acoustics treatment ( again it's a vast subject)like carpeting ,front & rear wall treatment/reflection point treatment which will enhance the sound quality.
Good luck.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back