Need help in setting up my new receiver- Marantz SR 6013

Because of risk of reverse current damaging HDMI board

Hmm alright. Well I believe if something has to blow, it will, no matter what. But I understand your logic.

What about the optical connection?

MaSh

Last edited:
So how to solve this confusion of changing av mode in tv remote and in receiver to tv mode

Thats exactly my question. Why do you have an Optical Connection? HDMI will pass Video and Audio. So a single connection should be all you need. No need of the optical connection, unless I am missing something.

MaSh

Yes, you shouldn't be needing the Optical connection. To your e-arc update question on the other thread,

"ARC doesn’t allow you to bitstream the full-fat high-quality codecs such as Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio soundtracks that you find on Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays. It simply strips out the core 5.1 data stream.

If you want this level of functionality, you’ll need HDMI eARC." Courtesy Whathifi site. So, if you need this functionality, you have to update. I have not heard of any issues with updates as far as AVR's are concerned. TV's have had issues with updates.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdmi-arc-and-hdmi-earc-everything-you-need-to-know

Regarding connections, I have connected all my input devices like CD Player, Blue-ray player, Laptop and STB to the receiver and one HDMI arc to the TV ARC. During thunder storms, I used to disconnect the HDMI cable from the STB. But now that I have stopped my subscription to DTH, I don't have to worry about this one.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back