Need help on Soundbar

sachson

Attachments

• HarmonySideView.jpg
    HarmonySideView.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 212
Harmony is an unknown company and seems to be riding on the name for remote controls made by Logitech.

Good sound bars are made by companies such as Philips, Sonodyne, and Yamaha. Unfortunately these are not cheap and vary in price from 50K to 100K. For various reasons sound bars have not become popular and the demand is still very small.

Cheers

Stay away from sound bars if you need anything good. Search for posts in the forum where we discussed sound bars in detail. You are better of with a good 2.1 for that price.

:rolleyes: at myself

I had imagined the OP sticking a sound bar on his wall for music listening. It had not occurred to me that it would associated with a screen.

I guess that was pretty stupid of me! :eek: :eek: :eek: :sad:

Howver, I still think it would be better to spend the money on a pair of wall-hanging speaker...

Thad, actually a sound bar is an interesting experiment in sound reflection. What they do is to take all 5.1 channels into a single box. At the extreme right and and left edges, the drivers are pointed at the walls. The idea is that the sound will get reflected off the walls and you will get a full 5.1 sound stage while having just a single speaker. Of course, timing is very critical as is having perfect and symmetrical walls with you sitting bang in the middle.

Cheers

Last edited:
Somebody spotted my ignorance! :eek:

And did the best thing possible... alleviated it :)

Thanks venkat. I really don't know about home theatre, and always tend to think in only two channels. The only time I have come across soundbars is as attachments to pc monitors. Are they intended to do the same, or is that something else?

The concept is the same. Only the number of channels are different. In a soundbar used for movies, you feed it with 5.1 channels of data including the LFE.

Cheers

Hi All,

I'm new bee on this block,

Is there anyone tried harman Kardon SB 10 3.1 channl soundbar pricing at 24999.00 INR on ::: JBL :::

I'm looking for branded soundbar and I found above looks very interesting but havent listened to the system.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back