[Need Help]Please suggest HTiB for my PC

This query of mine is more for members owning Onkyo HTiB like Onkyo HT S3500 or HT-S3700. As I understood going thru the specs, the sub-woofer is a down firing one. Isn't that a problem? in a sense that the sub tends to undergo a lot of displacement while in action, it won't stay at the initial place and will gradually shift from there mainly on marble floors? I am speaking this out of my experience of a previously owned Logitech 2.1 speaker system.

I own 2 Onkyo's and both are front firing... but yes a down firing one will dance around the floor... I've seen one do it in the past, but easily controlled with a small carpet.

Really that works? I can give a try for sure. But in my case it displaces but 5 to 8 inches at the most between start and end of a bassy movie :)

Get a "gripy" type carpet, not the traditional one. It will cost anywhere from Rs. 500-800 to 2K. Small size, around 3 feet and just for the sub. Not even sure it should be called a carpet... but that's what they are sold as.

Looks like this...

15653.885HDMS203_4.jpg
15653.870HDMS219_4.jpg

Get a "gripy" type carpet, not the traditional one. It will cost anywhere from Rs. 500-800 to 2K. Small size, around 3 feet and just for the sub. Not even sure it should be called a carpet... but that's what they are sold as.

Looks like this...

15653.885HDMS203_4.jpg
15653.870HDMS219_4.jpg

and this does not impact the bass?

and this does not impact the bass?

Actually I have front firing ones now, and they work well without a carpet.

With the carpet, not too much of a difference in SQ... if anything the dancing sub itself would add its own sound effects... kind of like something was being dragged on the floor/grating sound... so the carpet actually helped a lot by eliminating that sound.

PS - A lot depends on what's being played too... I noted the dancing sub most for trance, rave, dancehall music and not so much for movies. Now I don't use a sub for music and for movies I've front firing subs.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back