Need help !! Plz read

nishant21

i have reliance digital tv & i am thinking to upgrade it with rel. hd tv bcuz the channels quality is vry poor in my 40 inch led........
at rel. website they say that there hd setup box offers 250 hd like channels
is it true ?
will all channels clearity increase ?
plzz tell ,i am looking for it everywhere but cant find anything.....

if i dont subscribe for hd channels then is it useful to switch to hd setup box ?????

No reliance.. Airtel or Videcon dth are the best value for money. Quality wise TATA sky, but costly. It will be a huge leap on pic quality.. no service providers offer 250 hd channels.. max u get 18 -22 in above both. If u dnt subscribe to hd channels, its useless.

i have reliance digital tv & i am thinking to upgrade it with rel. hd tv bcuz the channels quality is vry poor in my 40 inch led........
at rel. website they say that there hd setup box offers 250 hd like channels
is it true ?
will all channels clearity increase ?
plzz tell ,i am looking for it everywhere but cant find anything.....

if i dont subscribe for hd channels then is it useful to switch to hd setup box ?????

There is no difference in quality for normal SD channels between HD set top box and normal set top box

No reliance.. Airtel or Videcon dth are the best value for money. Quality wise TATA sky, but costly. It will be a huge leap on pic quality.. no service providers offer 250 hd channels.. max u get 18 -22 in above both. If u dnt subscribe to hd channels, its useless.
There r around 7-8 hd channels only in rel......and i watch tv for a max. of an hour in a day.....so dont want to pay extra for 7-8 channels which im not gonna watch even.....its just that i have just switched to a bigger tv frm my earlier smaller one & picture quality of channels looks pathetic in sd.......
So i think every 1 with big tv in India is watching tv at shit quality i guess.....
& ya i looked for tata sky packs ....they r way costlier than rel.
I think i need to download everything ,i need to watch , in 1080p hd quality from torrent from now on.
Thanks for ur time by d way

Last edited:
Some DTH providers' STBs upsample SD channels to "HD."

That is why these DTH guys say "All Channels In Near HD Quality"

Upsampling produces a marginal improvement in Picture Quality. The rest is marketing hype.

Some DTH providers' STBs upsample SD channels to "HD."

That is why these DTH guys say "All Channels In Near HD Quality"

Upsampling produces a marginal improvement in Picture Quality. The rest is marketing hype.
When i talked to rel. digital tv customer care...they said that hd channels will be at 1080p & rest at 720p in hd stb.....& then i asked whts resolution i am getting at present....they said they dont know that.....
so according to you there is a little difference in all channels....
so is it worth switching to hd stb without activating hd service ?
Is there any 1 here who has used both normal stb & hd stb ?

Hi

In reality if you visit the channel's websites, you will know that there are only approx. 18-20 HD channels which are being offered to all subscribers...the operators who claim to provide more HD quality channels are upscaling the video quality to provide the so called HD experience...the choice is yours...if you want to really spend that extra money and subscribe for the same....it would be advisable to used good quality cables...for example, I use a normal set top box which has AV cable (RCA Yellow+White+Red). Instead of the normal wires, I used a Component Video cable of thicker quality (75 kohms) which does indeed improve the picture and sound quality and gives me the almost true HD experience..end of the day most of us work for 12 or more hours and honestly we get only 3 hours or less approx. to watch TV and the question is do you want to really spend so much money on something you will hardly use? you should try replacing the cable wires and see the difference.....

There are many DTH / Cable TV operators in the market, you need to see which is cost effective and who provides better customer / tech support once you are a customer....

Hi

In reality if you visit the channel's websites, you will know that there are only approx. 18-20 HD channels which are being offered to all subscribers...the operators who claim to provide more HD quality channels are upscaling the video quality to provide the so called HD experience...the choice is yours...if you want to really spend that extra money and subscribe for the same....it would be advisable to used good quality cables...for example, I use a normal set top box which has AV cable (RCA Yellow+White+Red). Instead of the normal wires, I used a Component Video cable of thicker quality (75 kohms) which does indeed improve the picture and sound quality and gives me the almost true HD experience..end of the day most of us work for 12 or more hours and honestly we get only 3 hours or less approx. to watch TV and the question is do you want to really spend so much money on something you will hardly use? you should try replacing the cable wires and see the difference.....

There are many DTH / Cable TV operators in the market, you need to see which is cost effective and who provides better customer / tech support once you are a customer....
Ok...i will stick to the one i have at present for now....thnx for saving my money..

so is it worth switching to hd stb without activating hd service ?
Is there any 1 here who has used both normal stb & hd stb ?

1. I have both SD and HD STBs..... but for cable TV, not DTH

The quality difference is very small when viewing Standard Definition ( Non HD ) channels, but then, my STB does Not Upsample SD to 720p ( Near HD ).

For me, once you have a HD TV ( Capable of 1080 p / i, you MUST subscribe to the True HD Channels. the Difference is DRAMATIC. You will not like to watch SD channels after that....

I would recommend that you spend that extra for subscribing to HD Channels. You will Not look bay.

1. I have both SD and HD STBs..... but for cable TV, not DTH

The quality difference is very small when viewing Standard Definition ( Non HD ) channels, but then, my STB does Not Upsample SD to 720p ( Near HD ).

For me, once you have a HD TV ( Capable of 1080 p / i, you MUST subscribe to the True HD Channels. the Difference is DRAMATIC. You will not like to watch SD channels after that....

I would recommend that you spend that extra for subscribing to HD Channels. You will Not look bay.
I only watch 2 programs on tv...roadies & comedy nights & news sometimes.....so no point of paying extra for hd channels for me...i changed my tv settings and its now slightly clearer then before.....currently i have downloaded many 1080p hd movies frm torrent and downloading roadies and comedy nights episodes(1080p hd) frm youtube.....now my 1 tb hard disk has better movie list then the same old movies they keeps on showing on tv channels

May be in future if they offer more no. of channels in hd i will switch to hd stb....but at present i think its better to for me to dwnld everything frm net since i have a fast and unlimited internet

Download or live.... Whatever suits u best

I just believe that once you have seen HD... SD is just not good enough to watch and enjoy your TV's full potential

Download or live.... Whatever suits u best

I just believe that once you have seen HD... SD is just not good enough to watch and enjoy your TV's full potential
I know man.....when i see a movie that i have downloaded(in 1080p bluray) ,,its just awesome.....and watching tv on sd becomes a little boring due to it....as the difference is huge....but its ok...i dont watch tv that often so......its fine for now...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back