Need help to connect wdmycloud

poppy

Guys,
Once again need help to complete my HT setup. I have Denon x2100w recently purchased wants to connect wdmycloud NAS box on my home wifi setup can someone pl help me as I am able to connect my tab and mobile on the same network but unable to connect avr.
I had purchased this device 6months back keeping in mind that I will use it in my HT setup and started storing audio and video file movies but now unable to use pl help.:sad:

You said you were unable to connect, but haven't exactly mentioned what issue you are facing.

I don't think your AVR will be able to read files from your NAS. You will need a Media Player for that.

You said you were unable to connect, but haven't exactly mentioned what issue you are facing.

I don't think your AVR will be able to read files from your NAS. You will need a Media Player for that.

It's wd cloud hdd it is a storage where you can store ur data and access anywhere. It works on a wifi network. Earlier had stored my data in to this and was accessing through my tab and mobile purchased it keeping in mind that I will connect it to my HT setup and watch stored movies.
That's the reason had gone for x2100w wifi avr but not able to connect. AVR able to connect on the same network but its not able to connect to wd.

It's wd cloud hdd it is a storage where you can store ur data and access anywhere. It works on a wifi network. Earlier had stored my data in to this and was accessing through my tab and mobile purchased it keeping in mind that I will connect it to my HT setup and watch stored movies.
That's the reason had gone for x2100w wifi avr but not able to connect. AVR able to connect on the same network but its not able to connect to wd.
How you are doing it? Connecting your AVR to the switch/router, right? I don't think your AVR have any file browsing capability. You will need a media player AFAIK. I may be wrong though.

How you are doing it? Connecting your AVR to the switch/router, right? I don't think your AVR have any file browsing capability. You will need a media player AFAIK. I may be wrong though.

Thanks koushik ,was able to connect wdmycloud to my HT setup through my Sony bluray as player is connected in same home network.
Now I can watch my stored movies /music from wdmycloud through player which is connected to AVR on projector/ big screen .:clapping:

hey poopi ....I am to connect to the drive in the network in the shared mode form the Denon reciever....I am not quiet sure what is the problem you are facing...

hey poopi ....I am to connect to the drive in the network in the shared mode form the Denon reciever....I am not quiet sure what is the problem you are facing...

Didn't get u..I am unable to connect through avr had to connect through bdp .is there a way to contact through avr on the same network.

I have a DENON x1000 and it has a built in media server for playing music files, so yes AVR can read files from a NAS, (synology in my case). and I am sure x2100 would also have the same capability

I have a DENON x1000 and it has a built in media server for playing music files, so yes AVR can read files from a NAS, (synology in my case). and I am sure x2100 would also have the same capability
I bought my AVR long ago and deliberately don't keep pace with the latest offerings. Just to avoid upgrade bug ;)

Anyway, thanks for correcting me and letting me know the info :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back