Need Help UHD or FullHD? LG 42UB820T or LG 42LB750T or Sony 42W900B

I need help on which TV to buy, I'm very tempted to get this LG 42UB 820T 4K TV ( HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 / no 10bit ) costs 67k want to watch the world cup matches on 4k with TATA SKY but confused of what content i can view after the matches or should i go with LG 42LB 750T Costs 77k 1080p with WEBOS or Sony 42W900B 1080P costs 75k.

Right now not much 4K content, only a few YouTube channels and Netflix (only the latest inhouse productions).

But that said, 1080p content looks better on 4K TV than on a FHD TV... so if you have a lot of 1080p content (like Blu-rays) and this particular LG model is good at upscaling 1080p content to 4K then you can go for it.

Right now not much 4K content, only a few YouTube channels and Netflix (only the latest inhouse productions).

But that said, 1080p content looks better on 4K TV than on a FHD TV... so if you have a lot of 1080p content (like Blu-rays) and this particular LG model is good at upscaling 1080p content to 4K then you can go for it.

Ya have lots of 1080p content it does not have 10bit is that important , the higher model 49UB850T got 10bit but costs 1.2 lakhs. Will it make any difference i see tatasky 4k set top box mentioning about 10bit color

Ya have lots of 1080p content it does not have 10bit is that important , the higher model 49UB850T got 10bit but costs 1.2 lakhs. Will it make any difference i see tatasky 4k set top box mentioning about 10bit color

10 bit is just marketing gimmick. It will require 10 bit transmission source, and everything in the chain from a to z with 10 bit processing. Currently all consumer electronics are 8 bit only.

Looking at the band width tata sky or any other provider offering HD currently, I think it will be few years to even talk about TRUE 10 bit.:lol:

10 bit is just marketing gimmick. It will require 10 bit transmission source, and everything in the chain from a to z with 10 bit processing. Currently all consumer electronics are 8 bit only.

Looking at the band width tata sky or any other provider offering HD currently, I think it will be few years to even talk about TRUE 10 bit.:lol:

:lol:

ok then will be ordering LG 42UB820T tomorrow , Can you just me good sound bar / HT. or anything good in the budget range 25 - 30k.

this are my options.

1. Yamaha YSP-1400
2. Yamaha YHT-2910
3. Philips HTL9100

Im still confused which to go with, LG 42UB820T supports 4K HEVC 30p. How much difference will it be when compared to 4K HEVC 60p.

Pretty sure its not going to be visible to the naked eye, not to mention the lack of content. 10-bit means more color and theoretically means better viewing. However, all streaming content itself is 8-bit and even Blu-rays right now.

Im still confused which to go with, LG 42UB820T supports 4K HEVC 30p. How much difference will it be when compared to 4K HEVC 60p.

Standard content will always be 24fps so you won't notice a difference in either. 60, 120 and beyond is only for gamers who are always looking to push the frame rate. Also, everything in the chain will have to be HDMI 2.0 to support 4K at 60p so check that.

Pretty sure its not going to be visible to the naked eye, not to mention the lack of content. 10-bit means more color and theoretically means better viewing. However, all streaming content itself is 8-bit and even Blu-rays right now.

Standard content will always be 24fps so you won't notice a difference in either. 60, 120 and beyond is only for gamers who are always looking to push the frame rate. Also, everything in the chain will have to be HDMI 2.0 to support 4K at 60p so check that.

Thanks for the info and this is what my setup gonna be.

1. LG 42UB820T
2. Yamaha YHT-299 or may be a Soundbar ( Phillips HTL9100 )

I feel for 42" full HD will be good enough..for 4k it will show it best in sizes greater than 50" ..if u are budget u cn go for 4k otherwise at present stick to FHD ..since 4k contents are limited...
.. expecting 8k to be launched for bigger size..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back