Need Help: Which Split Ac to buy

vvivek

:)Hi Friends,

I am looking to buy 1.5T capacity Air Conditioner for my room which is 12*14. Pls suggest the best AC to choose.

Brands I am considering are Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric and Panasonic. I left out General as I heard so many complaints about its after sales service and recent units quality. My usage will be 6 to 8 hours a day for 7 to 8 months (IChennai). Budget is 40K but ready to spend extra bucks if it is really worthy.

Best quote I got for Daikin 1.5 Ton:

3* 31500 (excluding installation, stabilizer and copper pipe)

5* 39000 (excluding installation, stabilizer and copper pipe)

R410 Inverter-48,500 (excluding installation, stabilizer and copper pipe)

R-32 Inverter 44,900 (except copper pipe)

First one, is it worth investing the above mentioned prices on the units or u feel prices are on the high side?

I have contacted many dealers in Chennai some are saying 3* will enough for my usage but few suggesting 5* or R410 Inverter as both the units are completely imported from Thailand and quality wise very superior to the 3* one. Some dealers even said that the made in India units are giving some problems.

So I am totally confused can anyone please suggest me the best one which suits for me. IS it worth spending extra 8K on 5* compared to 3*

Is inverter machine really saves 30 percent energy compared to 5* unit?

Dealers are claiming that R-410 Inverter (cooling only) machines will save more than 30 percent compared to 5* units even if the usage is for 3 hours. Is it true?

Coming to the other two brands (Panasonic and Mitsubishi) I havent researched a lot as many of my friends suggested Daikin. Price wise Panasonic is low and that one comes with copper pipe. Mitsubishi MSH18VA (4*) comes without copper pipe for 38,500. But I found very few dealers so there will be a chance of service problems if my dealer closes his shop.

is it recommended to wait till January for a price drop (new BEE rating) or this is the best time to purchase.

Would appreciate if you guys can suggest the right ac for me with price.

Thanks & Regards
Vivek

Inverter does save energy over 5* for your kind of usage.
For a city like Chennai, you may be tempted to use it more than you thought you will before buying.
Look for one with R410 gas with Hitachi/ Daikin/ Sharp/ Panasonic.
Daikins are very silent ACs AFAIK.

Inverter does save energy over 5* for your kind of usage.
For a city like Chennai, you may be tempted to use it more than you thought you will before buying.
Look for one with R410 gas with Hitachi/ Daikin/ Sharp/ Panasonic.
Daikins are very silent ACs AFAIK.

Thanks for the suggestion Santy. How about the prices i mentioned are they reasonable and one more thing any chance of price reductions in the coming months like January.

Thanks for the suggestion Santy. How about the prices i mentioned are they reasonable and one more thing any chance of price reductions in the coming months like January.

When I scouted for options, Daikin 1 ton was 40K + installation + accessories.
So for 1.5 ton 48k ++ seems to be alright. But better to check with atleast 3-4 dealers.

If you want something quiet and I mean really quiet, go for Daikin. They also conditions really quick. The price is on the higher side but it's totally worth it.

Hitachi is what I'll recommend too for their superb performance and good after-sales. Some of my friends use Hitachi and they've been using for a long time now.

I would also like to mention Carrier. I've been using for past 2-years and I'm totally happy with it. All other friends use Carrier as their service is really really good in our area and Carrier is mostly famous for cooling solution.

About * ratings, they're saying the Inverter series is 7*. I use a 1.5T 5* split and a friend bought 1.5T inverter in March. We both get more or less same bill provided we both used to run 5-6hrs per day to compare. So don't think about it much.

It is not just about the power consumption.

Inverter AC has almost uniform cooling throughout while a non-inverter has raises and dips in temperature since the compressor is either operating at maximum capacity or turned off. Inverter AC maintains the temperature evenly and is much more comfortable. The Voltas in my office cabin really sucks. When it reaches the set temperature, it is uncomfortably chill and when the compressor goes off, temperature drops significantly before it comes back on. Also, there is a bad odour when the compressor is off (fan still running), though it is not the case with all non-inverter ACs.

Check this out (courtesy Daikin)

New_Daikin_Web_Graphics_04.png

Inverter AC has almost uniform cooling throughout while a non-inverter has raises and dips in temperature since the compressor is either operating at maximum capacity or turned off. Inverter AC maintains the temperature evenly and is much more comfortable. The Voltas in my office cabin really sucks. When it reaches the set temperature, it is uncomfortably chill and when the compressor goes off, temperature drops significantly before it comes back on. Also, there is a bad odour when the compressor is off (fan still running), though it is not the case with all non-inverter ACs.

Thanks for your detailed explanation Santy. I am decided to go with 5* for 38,500+ Installation+ accessories. one more doubt is from Jan 1st 2014 all 5 star ac's will become as 4 star (BEE new rating) is there any chance of drastic price change. Dealers were saying price will increase despite of star downgrading.

If you want something quiet and I mean really quiet, go for Daikin. They also conditions really quick. The price is on the higher side but it's totally worth it.

Hitachi is what I'll recommend too for their superb performance and good after-sales. Some of my friends use Hitachi and they've been using for a long time now.

I would also like to mention Carrier. I've been using for past 2-years and I'm totally happy with it. All other friends use Carrier as their service is really really good in our area and Carrier is mostly famous for cooling solution.

About * ratings, they're saying the Inverter series is 7*. I use a 1.5T 5* split and a friend bought 1.5T inverter in March. We both get more or less same bill provided we both used to run 5-6hrs per day to compare. So don't think about it much.

Thanks for your quick reply. I am decided to go with 5* for 38,500+ Installation+ accessories. one more doubt is from Jan 1st 2014 all 5 star ac's will become as 4 star (BEE new rating) is there any chance of drastic price change. Dealers were saying price will increase despite of star downgrading.

Thanks for your detailed explanation Santy. I am decided to go with 5* for 38,500+ Installation+ accessories. one more doubt is from Jan 1st 2014 all 5 star ac's will become as 4 star (BEE new rating) is there any chance of drastic price change. Dealers were saying price will increase despite of star downgrading.Thanks for your detailed explanation Santy.

Doesn't matter what the star rating is, price of all unit will increase in the next financial year so get it now. My friend did that last year and ended up paying 4K more for the same model :(

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back