Need help with 5.1 setup, AVR + Speakers, Budget: 1.5 to 2 Lakhs.

abhishekdas

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on HiFiVISION! Even though I am following the forum post for quite some time I never posted anything earlier. :)

I have been doing research for a while to setup a 5.1 home theatre system for my living room. The purpose is to listen to music and watch movies. I love listening to music in 2 channel mode (stereo) so want to have two tower speakers for front.

Room size: It is a 10 x 20 feet hall including dinning. The size of living part is around 10 x 10 feet where I want to install the system. See attached images. Dining part is further extended at one side with open kitchen (not seen in the pictures).

I have a 55" LG 4K OLED TV installed here where I watch movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. I also have Xbox One X which allows me to play games in 4K HDR mode. It also allows me to play all discs from Audio CDs to 4K BlueRay DVD.

I was thinking about buying Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack + Denon AVR-X2500H/Denon AVR x550BT. But I know my room size is very small so probably this will be an overkill.

My budget is Rs. 1.5 to 2 Lakhs. Looking forward to your advises.

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_142443-002.jpg
    IMG_20191105_142443-002.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20191105_142654-002.jpg
    IMG_20191105_142654-002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
For 10x0 room size book shelf speakers are better. You have very god budget. Spend more money on AV receiver with pre/out option (something like Denon AVR-X3600H). You can add power amplifiers in the future when you upgrade your speakers. No need to upgrade avr again.

For now you can go with Book shelve speakers + sub.
Later you can upgrade Tower speakers in front when you want to have dedicated HT room.

Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack is good except it has active sub woofer. if it has powered sub it would be great. but for your room size it would be a overkill for now.

Look in to
Monitor audio (studio ..range)
KEF
DALI (zensar)
Jamo ..etc.

Start auditioning these speakers in your area,,and decide based on your liking.

Thank you. Actually I am having some space constrains to place book-self speakers at front.

Can you name few models for the speakers so that I can try them out?

Last edited:
I suggest Sonodyne Avant T2 towers for fronts. You can add Avant C2 and S1 to complete 5.0 setup.
SVS SB 2000 kind of subwoofer will be ideal considering room size and music listening preference.
Marantz 1609/1710 AVR is recommended for music+movies and will match well with Sonodyne speakers.

Thank you.

I will try them in the local stores. SVS SB 2000 is too expensive though. Are you familiar with any wireless powered sub-woofer?

My budget is Rs. 1.5 to 2 Lakhs. Looking forward to your advises.

In this budget, you can complete 5.1.4 for your room (or) at-least 5.1.2 should be good..

But I know my room size is very small so probably this will be an overkill.

All you would need to do is place the speakers close to ideal positioning..

qo9dopk-jpg.931884

If you feel 5.1.2 would be good enough, then you would need a 7.2 AVR to do 5.1.2 set-up..

Your listening position is against back wall.. So choose surrounds that are not too boxy / intrusive.. Shallow depth speakers should do..

If you have false ceiling, then consider a pair of in-ceiling speakers preferably from the same brand as that of your mains..

If you have have the liberty to swap the room sides, then you can do up-to 5.1.4 (or) 7.1.4 progressively..

Thank you.

I will try them in the local stores. SVS SB 2000 is too expensive though. Are you familiar with any wireless powered sub-woofer?

You may consider building the setup step by step, you can buy AVR + Towers now and Sub after sometimes.
I have listened to SB2000 is small rooms, its worth it.

SVS is having wireless subwoofer adapter, I believe that is not available in India. You may have to get it from USA.

Thank you.

Hi, I have almost brand new condition Dali Rubicon LCRs ( Pair) which can be placed any where ie Can be Wall mounted, placed on Table, can be Tilted sideways
If interested pm me

Today I have placed order for - Marantz NR1710, Dali Oberon 5 (pair) and Dali Oberon Vokal.

I have not able to finalised the surround speakers and the subwoofer. I listened to Paradigm Cinema Sub which I liked a lot. It has a 8 inch driver which should be sufficient for my room. For surround I am planning to buy Dali Alteco C1. I really like it's design.

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments.

Today I have placed order for - Marantz NR1710, Dali Oberon 5 (pair) and Dali Oberon Vokal.

I have not able to finalised the surround speakers and the subwoofer. I listened to Paradigm Cinema Sub which I liked a lot. It has a 8 inch driver which should be sufficient for my room. For surround I am planning to buy Dali Alteco C1. I really like it's design.

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments.

Good choice for your front stage.

I haven't heard the paradigm sub, but would suggest getting atleast 10" sub.

Are you planning to wall mount the alteco C1 for your surrounds. It's a good little versatile speaker.
I am too using alteco C1, but as an upfiring Atmos speaker, placed on my rear surrounds.

Cheers
Siju

Good choice for your front stage.

I haven't heard the paradigm sub, but would suggest getting atleast 10" sub.

Are you planning to wall mount the alteco C1 for your surrounds. It's a good little versatile speaker.
I am too using alteco C1, but as an upfiring Atmos speaker, placed on my rear surrounds.

Cheers
Siju
Yes, I am planning to wall mount the Alteco C1 for surrounds since I do not have any space left behind my sofa. At present, I am going for a 5.1 setup. I will add the atmos speakers directly to ceiling later.

Can you suggest a good sub within 35K?

Yes, I am planning to wall mount the Alteco C1 for surrounds since I do not have any space left behind my sofa. At present, I am going for a 5.1 setup. I will add the atmos speakers directly to ceiling later.

Can you suggest a good sub within 35K?

While installing C1 on your rear wall, do ensure that it is around 1 to 1.5 ft above your ear height in normal seating position, for optimum surround effects. After installing, you can play with the switch to see, which sound suits you best.

For 35k, you can check out Bic america f12 or many Polk audio subs. If you increase the budget, you can check out xtz subs, which is quite popular here in forum. Also check out Yamaha ns sw300.

While installing C1 on your rear wall, do ensure that it is around 1 to 1.5 ft above your ear height in normal seating position, for optimum surround effects. After installing, you can play with the switch to see, which sound suits you best.

For 35k, you can check out Bic america f12 or many Polk audio subs. If you increase the budget, you can check out xtz subs, which is quite popular here in forum. Also check out Yamaha ns sw300.
Thank you.

I may have to install the Alteco C1 little higher due to aesthetic reason. Lets see how it goes.

XTZ subs are having higher prices. Reviewers say BIC AMERICA F12 is missing tightness.

Any comments on DALI E-9 F?

Thank you.

I may have to install the Alteco C1 little higher due to aesthetic reason. Lets see how it goes.

XTZ subs are having higher prices. Reviewers say BIC AMERICA F12 is missing tightness.

Any comments on DALI E-9 F?

Ok..

I haven't heard Dali sub.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back