Need help with Atmos setup

Ssadineni

Hi guys

I am planning to set up an atmos 5.1.2 home theater for the living room size (10 x 15 x 10) with LG GX65.

setup preferences:

Budget
for HT: 100k (receiver,sub).
Usage: Movies and gaming.
Receiver: Denon x1600h / x2700h.
Sub: I am planning for Polk PSW10. Please suggest others sub if it is not a good sub.
Speakers: I have Logitech z906 surround speakers from old setup. I would like to use my existing speakers with out damaging the receiver.
Receiver Specs :
  • Denon X1600H - 80 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
  • Denon X2600H - 95 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
Logitech Speaker specs:
  • Left/Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1khz, @ 10% THD)
  • Center: 69 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
  • Rear Left & Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
  • Total Peak power: 1010 watts
  • Maximum SPL: >115 dB
  • Frequency response: 33 Hz - 20 kHz
  • Amplifier: Ultra-linear, high-capacity analog
  • Signal to noise ratio: >93.5 dB, typical 100
  • Input impedance: 8,000 ohms

Questions:
  • Can able use existing speakers without damaging the receiver ?
  • Can use Logitech speaker as rear speakers If it doesn’t support for LCR ?
  • Is x2700 is over powered for above room size ?
  • Do anyone know good AV dealer in Hyderabad?
  • Polk PSW 10 is a good sub ?
  • is AVshack.in reliable website to buy items ?
  • Can get official warranty if I buy AV receiver, sub and speakers from online website like Amazon and AVshack

Last edited:
Hi guys

I am planning to set up an atmos 5.1.2 home theater for the living room size (10 x 15 x 10) with LG GX65.

setup preferences:

Budget
Sub: I am planning for Polk PSW10. Please suggest others sub if it is not a good sub.
Speakers: I have Logitech z906 surround speakers from old setup. I would like to use my existing speakers with out damaging the receiver.
Receiver Specs :
  • Denon X1600H - 80 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
  • Denon X2600H - 95 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
Logitech Speaker specs:

Questions:
  • Can get official warranty if I buy AV receiver, sub and speakers from online website like Amazon and AVshack

Hi Ssadineni

You have the descent budget for the AVR+Sub and room size as well to have atmos set up,
You need to add to more speakers to have atmos set up and that will be a challenging to match the logitech speakers.
I have heard logitech speakers so can say that adding those with Denon AVR won't be a good idea.
What you can do for now is to have good LCR and can use logitech as surround and atmos speakers if you have mounting options as front height or on ceiling.
Its always better to have the product from the AV dealers not just because they provide you the good consultancy but the service part is also taken care of.

I doubt if you can use those Logitech speakers with an AVR and how they will deliver. I would instead go with Denon X1600H + Polk TL1600 (5.1 packages) + Polk RC 60i (ATMOS speakers) combination, considering the budget. If you insist on retaining the satellite speakers, go with X1600H AVR, save some money and upgrade to Polk HTS 12 subwoofer. It's a pretty good budget subwoofer.

Last edited:
As long as you are sure the Logitech speakers are rated for 8ohms, it might be ok to use with the AVR. However, your Denon AVR is going to sound only as good as your speakers so you might want to look at going for better speakers to pair with the Denon than using the Logitech speakers which is most likely designed to sound good with the Logitech Control center (amplifier) that came in the package.

i have used logitech speakers with sherwood receiver. they are rated 4 ohms and my receiver heated up a lot. i replaced it with a two way speaker rated 8 ohms and i definitely got better results.

No, you won't be able to use Logitech speakers with the AVR.

Don't settle for less, I mean if you have budget constraints then buy in parts. No need to buy altogether. Buy AVR, Front speakers, and then later you can buy the rest. This is how I did my home theatre setup. I am yet to buy atmos speakers :)
The Home theatre world is addictive and if you are not satisfied then you will sell and buy others and end up spending more. Also, HT prices have increased since the shortage of stocks.

Few suggestions:
1. Buy the same impedance rating speakers.
2. Go for X2700H. It's an 8K receiver with more features like dual output. One can go to TV and the other to a projector/monitor.
3. PSW10 is kind of an okay sub, don't expect much. I have an all Polk setup apart from the subwoofer (Bic America Pl200 II)
4. For Atmos if you have a false ceiling then Polk Rc80i if not then any bookshelf or small speakers would do. You don't need too expensive atmos speakers as they will be used only for effects.

Hi guys

setup preferences:

Budget
Receiver Specs :
Logitech Speaker specs:

Questions:
Off-topic- how much did you get GX 65" for. I am planning on getting 65" Oled and have CX, GX, C1, and G1 on the list. The best would be anything between 1.5 - 2.0 L

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back