Need Help with designing a new home theatre!

Hi Everyone,

I have a similar situation. I would really appreciate your help with my HT set up.
I have been doing all the reading i can do, but i still cant figure out where to start.Im not an audiophile .. but i do enjoy my music Kurt Cobain To Enya. I am primarily interested in movies and HD content.

My Set up follows:
a. Sony BX400 full hd 1080p
b. Sony PS3
c. Tata sky HD STB

STB and PS3 connected via hdmi to tv so both the hdmi ports are in use now.

Currently Im getting all my audio from the TV speakers :sad: even my music.
My source will be the PS3 and the HD stb

My room is 12ftx15ft

I would really like to set up a HT that would primarily help me get the most out of the HD movies/games, but also on when i listen to Kurt Cobain make me feel yellow.

The objectives thus stated, we come to the approach i should take to go about setting this up. With all these recent acquisitions im pretty broke right now, yet i do want to start building the ht ... the sound is just not matching the picture.

There are 2 ways of going about this:
a. Get Immediately Compact DAV-TZ210 home theater system with an unforgettable performance with USB Record & Playback Function, BRAVIA Sync and HDMI output.

The DAV-TZ200 features S-Master Digital Amplifier, USB movie playback, BRAVIA Sync and HDMI output to upscale DVDs to 1080p resolution.

MRP Rs. 12,990 /-*

b. build it one step at a time over a period of time (max budget not to exceed 50k)

Ideally i would like all my hd inputs to go into a receiver, ps3, hd stb and sound goes to speakers, video out from receiver goes to tv. I have my DLNA server set up as well but that the ps3 hdmi out will take care of.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this. As much asi like my movies and sports, i want to feel the same way November Rain made me feel back when i was at high school.
Is it possible at 12k? will be much nearer at 50 k?
Please help ... i gotta do something about the audio!!!!

Best,
Prince

If budget is strictl below 50K, Go for Onkyo 5300.

Good choice. The Dali's have a sensitivity of about 89-92dB and that will be good.

Cheers

I am finally settling with:

Proj: Optoma HD20
AVR: Denon 3311CI
LCD: Toshiba 42RV600E

Now, working on the speakers....Dali it will be.

Thanks!

Hi People,

I am in the process of setting up a Home Theatre in my new flat. The size of the room is 10'9" by 13'3" and i am removing the wall on one side to open the room into the living cum dining room...

I want to set up a high quality Home Theatre with good quality speakers, Blu Ray player etc. Can someone help me me with the various components that should be there in the HT and desirable things to have. I am looking at Speakers of high quality - B & W / Bose / KEF etc.

What should be the ideal design for the HT and the various specs for the Speakers, Amp, Blu Ray, TV / Projector etc?

Would really appreciate any advice as also best places to buy these equipments in Mumbai. Also is there professional help/services available for setting up and designing the HT?

Thanks and looking forward to the advice.

Hi,

My new flat is under construction and would like to setup a nice home theatre room

The Hall size is 14 feet x 18 feet, i have shortlised the below ones

1. Onkyo HTS-9100THX - current market price at 50 to 60k (correct me is i'm wrong in price)
2. Sony or Samsung LCD 40" - 50k

Can you please suggest, what should be done relating to the acoustics effects, is there any professional agency who does this for us. I don't want it to be too expensive, or it can be done with any of your advice.

Please help

Kumar

Any suggestions please...

I can suggest :

Speakers :

Dali Ikon 6 5.1 package : ~1.5-2L
Monitor Audio RX6 5.1 package : 2.4 lacs
Sonus Faber Toy series 5.1 package : 4Lacs
Paradigm Monitor series : 1.5l studio series : 2.5l

Amplifier/Reciever :

Denon 2311 : 70k
Denon 3311 : ~90k
Emotiva UMC-1 + XPA-3/5 : ~1lac

Projector :
Optoma HD20

Blu ray player :
Sony 370 : 10k
Oppo 83 : 35k

thanks

Checked out the Monitor RX6. Felt good. How does it compare with the B &W 683 or CM series.. Yet to chk out Dali...
Thanks

Back