Need help with hometheatre setup

I believe you mentioned that 55k is for X2600H as per the dealer , that is a good price for the 2600h in Bangalore. On the speaker side in addition to above suggestions you can also try the following fronts - Qacoustics 3050i (FS) /Qacoustics Concept 20 (BS) - These should be available for demo at The Home Cinema (Ecity) and Modern World (Domlur) . In addition you would be able to demo the Elac series at Modern World / XTZ series at Home Cinema. While some of these might end up overshooting your overall budget , the demo might convince you to do so.
Thanks a lot for this suggestion, I will try taking the demo. I have now good competition between tower and BS.

Srikanth, mid level AVRs rarely perform really well with music in my experience. People usually buy an AVR (with pre outs) and add external power/Integrated amps later. I suggested to take the different approach as you've mentioned that your wife is an artist. Get a two channel rig first. A nice integrated amplifier and a decent floorstander can be had in your budget. This way, you're set for music. Add the AVR and the rest later. A happy wife would also mean a bigger allowance :p

i got the 2600 last year for about 55k. Bargain HARD.
Is there a recommendation for a good amp. Just in case If it works I am open to options. I also like what flux said. Will so some home work now

Is there a recommendation for a good amp. Just in case If it works I am open to options. I also like what flux said. Will so some home work now

Marantz, Denon, AudioLab, Cambridge Audio, NAD are the usual suspects. Acoustic Portrait is Bangalore based. Give them a try. Bangalore is a huge market. Shop around and audition as much as possible. Its fun!

Have you decided on the source? For both music and HT?

Marantz, Denon, AudioLab, Cambridge Audio, NAD are the usual suspects. Acoustic Portrait is Bangalore based. Give them a try. Bangalore is a huge market. Shop around and audition as much as possible. Its fun!

Have you decided on the source? For both music and HT?
Thanks for the amps. Source would be mostly DTH box, mobile, TV.

I have got my Denon X2600H for 54k in Bangalore.
With X2700H launched, high chances are that you might get it less than above quoted price. Regarding speakers, I would recommend RTI series from Polk than Signature series.
You can audition Dali, Yamaha and Taga at HT store, JP Nagar or Dali at DNI, Adugodi road.
I would suggest audition Elac Debut reference series at Modern world and then audition Polk RTI series. Then you can decide. You can PM me, if you want any leads.

Note that while going this route you would need to go higher than X2600H for the AVR since you would need to go for ones with preout (X3600H or higher) or you can get a yamaha equivalent of X2600H as that has preouts for you to use your integrated amplifier along with it. I personally just switch the wires between my Integrated amp/AVR whenever i wish to listen to either. Dont really know how a IA without a dedicated power out will perform with a pre-out from the AVR

I dont think the budget offerings from Marantz/Cambridge Audio come with HT Bypass

Dont really know how a IA without a dedicated power out will perform with a pre-out from the AVR

IA amps should have Main-in input on it to receive the pre-amp signal for it to act as a power amplifier.. Very few amps have that feature..

1597388934916.png

@elangoas
Mains in defeats the usage of preamp section.
So if the user has a spare IA with this feature, it is fine.
But if the preamp is something nice and is to be used, this is not a easily workable solution.
One thing that has worked for me earlier is a passive switcher. But more cabling, etc

Cheers,
Raghu

IA amps should have Main-in input on it to receive the pre-amp signal for it to act as a power amplifier.. Very few amps have that feature..

View attachment 48529

Yup, thats what i was pointing to. I dont know how it would perform if the pre-signal comes directly to one of the inputs like AUX/CD so forth for an amplifier without one. So even if he goes first for an IA and then for an AVR , he would likely need to switch wires since most of the beginning range IA wont have the said capability

@elangoas
Mains in defeats the usage of preamp section.
So if the user has a spare IA with this feature, it is fine.
But if the preamp is something nice and is to be used, this is not a easily workable solution.
One thing that has worked for me earlier is a passive switcher. But more cabling, etc

True that.. Just shared the image as an example of the connectivity..

Yup, thats what i was pointing to. I dont know how it would perform if the pre-signal comes directly to one of the inputs like AUX/CD so forth for an amplifier without one. So even if he goes first for an IA and then for an AVR , he would likely need to switch wires since most of the beginning range IA wont have the said capability

In the scenario, you have mentioned, you pre-amps would be active.. AVR as well as IA volume control would be functional.. Not the best route..

IMO, an AVR with 2.1 is better bet for movies/stereo w.r.t function and decoding capability from streaming services..

True that.. Just shared the image as an example of the connectivity..

In the scenario, you have mentioned, you pre-amps would be active.. AVR as well as IA volume control would be functional.. Not the best route..

IMO, an AVR with 2.1 is better bet for movies/stereo w.r.t function and decoding capability from streaming services..

Agreed, thats why i recommended the OP not to go that route :) . He would be better off with just the AVR else he will need to do two things which will consume his entire budget (before buying the speaker itself)
i) AVR with preout - 60K if Yamaha/85k+ if its Denon
ii) IA with Power Amp input - I know Audiolab 6000a can do this , costs about 70k.

I use wires with banana plug on speaker end and just switch between the IA/AVR whenever i wish to , intend to invest in a passive amplifier switch like how Raghu suggested.

Agreed, thats why i recommended the OP not to go that route :) . He would be better off with just the AVR else he will need to do two things which will consume his entire budget (before buying the speaker itself)
i) AVR with preout - 60K if Yamaha/85k+ if its Denon
ii) IA with Power Amp input - I know Audiolab 6000a can do this , costs about 70k.

Right.. AVR with pre-outs are usually expensive, in the mid-range offering..

I use wires with banana plug on speaker end and just switch between the IA/AVR whenever i wish to , intend to invest in a passive amplifier switch like how Raghu suggested.

Ok.. Cool..

Mid Range AVRs are preferred for the audiophiles who absolutely dont want any compromise on sound quality. Yes, It overshoots the budget but it also gives you to add power amps at your will in future and gives meaning to your sound stage IMO.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back