Need help - with lg lh90 component connectivity

arvind

Hi,

I got a 42 LH90 TV last month. I have tata sky + and i was connecting it to my av 1 previously. Later i came to know that, if we connect thro component, there will be some improvements in clarity and i did it. But here comes the real issue. Whenever i switch off the tata sky digicomp, my screen gets a flash of pink for a second and then goes black. Is it a problem guys.

Kindly help me out.

Cheers,
Arvind

Tata Sky does not support component output. Therefore you must connect the TataSky set top box to your AV in only (composite input).

Though both video inputs are analogue, the format of video signal between composite(AV In) and Component (CVI 1) is entirely different. One is not compatible with the another.

I misread. You have Tata Sky PLUS. That indeed does have component output. Get a proper shielded component cable. Although a RCA cable (composite Audio Video) fits component, it is a bad idea. While connected check that the Red, Green, Blue connectors match up in pairs

Hey singho,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I do have that component cable provided by tata sky plus.(green,blue,red wires). But still i get the problem. This problem happens when i switch off the tata sky plus box. Is it a problem with my tata sky or my T V :sad:

To me it looks as if the Tata Sky STB is sending a surge through the component cable. This could be a drain of the capacitors inside the STB, and should not happen.

I would suggest you follow the sequence of powering off the TV first and then then the STB.

You could also try a good quality component cable that has proper sheilding. Try Bandridge or similar brands.

Cheers

Wow nice to know that latest Tata Sky has component output.

BTW, cant you call Tata Sky customer care and say that the STB component output is not working.

venkat,

Sure. thanks a lot. So the problem is mainly with my tata sky right? I just wanna make sure that my TV is functioning properly.

Singho,

yeah, i'll give a call to those guys and report this problem. thx yaar

Dont you have a DVD player ? Almost all DVD players have a component output. Try connecting your LH90 to the DVD player and see

I have seen 3 option in my DVDp with component out.
1st is progressive, 2ng regular component & last one if selected shows pink picture on my LCD.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back