Need help with Soundproofing my HT room

tmcindia

Hello All, I have a room with size of 12X17X10. I want to convert this room in home theater. I currently have my HT setup (5.1.2 Dolbly Atmos/Dts:X) in my living room, but with my recent sub upgrade to SVS PB 1000 Pro, neighbors seems to complaining of bass. well honestly I am quiet happy with the svs sub. its truly a beast and does goes down to 13Hz. I am quite impressed with the earth shaking bass of this sub.
I am staying at bangalore and appreciate if you experts can help me identify the cost of sound proofing along with contact details of any person at bangalore or nearby who can provide service at bangalore. Also would be great if you could suggest some budget 4k projector with screen.

I stay in an apartment building, so would prefer a good sound proofing specially Bass/low frequency to avoid neighbors from complaining

My current configurations
55" 4k LG tv
Onkyo Tx-NR 646
SVS PB 1000 Pro
Onkyo Atmos speakers.
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR

Soundproofing is not an easy task, particularly if the space is not a dedicated room. You gotta work with all the 6 surfaces and every door and window to attain the desired effect. And this will be expensive!!! (Properly done soundproofing will cost more than your current system cost)

I would suggest you to take SPL readings inside and outside the room. With this you can get a fair idea about transmission loss your existing structure is offering.

Try soundproofing your doors and windows first and see if it's manageable with the neighbors. Use a door sealing kit and custom made window plug to start with.

Soundproofing is not an easy task, particularly if the space is not a dedicated room. You gotta work with all the 6 surfaces and every door and window to attain the desired effect. And this will be expensive!!! (Properly done soundproofing will cost more than your current system cost)

I would suggest you to take SPL readings inside and outside the room. With this you can get a fair idea about transmission loss your existing structure is offering.

Try soundproofing your doors and windows first and see if it's manageable with the neighbors. Use a door sealing kit and custom made window plug to start with.
If the neighbors are below your floor, you can use the isolation feet on the sub. This might mitigate bass transmission to the floor. Please research and decide.

Hello All, I have a room with size of 12X17X10. I want to convert this room in home theater. I currently have my HT setup (5.1.2 Dolbly Atmos/Dts:X) in my living room, but with my recent sub upgrade to SVS PB 1000 Pro, neighbors seems to complaining of bass. well honestly I am quiet happy with the svs sub. its truly a beast and does goes down to 13Hz. I am quite impressed with the earth shaking bass of this sub.
I am staying at bangalore and appreciate if you experts can help me identify the cost of sound proofing along with contact details of any person at bangalore or nearby who can provide service at bangalore. Also would be great if you could suggest some budget 4k projector with screen.

I stay in an apartment building, so would prefer a good sound proofing specially Bass/low frequency to avoid neighbors from complaining

My current configurations
55" 4k LG tv
Onkyo Tx-NR 646
SVS PB 1000 Pro
Onkyo Atmos speakers.
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Start with proper bass trapping or go a bit further and do tuned bass traps.
Reason : a room mode can be the issue, as room modes get really loud when compared to other frequencies even if you equalise your sub.
And if you cannot do tuned bass trapping for various reasons then equalise the sub in such a way so that the problematic frequency is at -8dB point from the remaining frequencies.

To do all this you must know how to use REW software.

You can also check which frequencies are bothering your neighbour/s and move forward accordingly.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back