Need help with Yamaha Yht 299 connections

Glolla

Hi All..

After almost 2-3 months of research in this forum, I finally bought Yamaha Yht 299.. I am 100% satisfied with it and now need some help in few connections.
Connected the Android player(HDMI DONGLE) to HDMI4 and HDMI OUT to TV. But I am unable to view anything on my TV. When I connect the player Directly to the TV its working fine. Can we connect android player to this AVR? or Does it only support normal media player. Please help if I am missing anything in the settings.

Last edited:
I am not too familiar with android player but it will not support video files thru USB. You can only play MP3 audio files though the USB port. For video files, you may connect a bluray player to AVR and connect the android player to the bluray.

Hope other FMs have a better solution to your problem so wait for more responses.

Congrats on your purchase.

I am not too familiar with android player but it will not support video files thru USB. You can only play MP3 audio files though the USB port. For video files, you may connect a bluray player to AVR and connect the android player to the bluray.

Hope other FMs have a better solution to your problem so wait for more responses.

Congrats on your purchase.

Hi rikhi,
Its is an HDMI Dongle which can be used to turn your tv into an Android TV.
It has HDMI Input so I thought through AVR I could access it.

Hi Glolla...

So far my knowledge no av receiver support video playability through USB. It is only for music. If your media player has HDMI out then connect it with receiver's HDMI in. Or try to search for USB to HDMI cable online.

It seems mr.Glolla is not talking about playing media thru 'USB' via AVR.

@Glolla, Congrats..... pl share specific name of your 'Android Player' (any link, etc). I think it should work connecting through AVR (I may be wrong though!).

However since its working with your TV, you could see video on TV and take audio out from TV to AVR through optical/coaxial cable if your TV has it. Still you could get Dolby 5.1 thru optical (If you are an old player in this field, u knew this already).

Also, once again check settings on AVR, whether u've selected correct HDMI port while playing your Android Player through AVR.

Hello Guys,

Can you let me know how much it will cost for Yamaha YHT 299 to be purchased in Chennai? In Amazon it currently shows 36,000 as the cost.

Sorry Guys couldn't reply to you sooner.. thanks prgk13 for your inputs on this. Currently I am continuing with the set up as you mentioned by connecting my player to TV and Audio out of TV to receiver.

Try this:
Place the hdmi dongle at hdmi X i.e 1-4 any one of the HDMI in and then select the source on TV as AVR in ,while on AVR remote press the HDMI X button..I am sure it will work..the AVR will not decide which HDMI in to pass via HDMI out till you tell it to via the input selection...unless you already did it,this could be the reason..otherwise there is some other issue

I have connected chromecast, teewe, ps3 and Asus HDP R1 in all 4 ports of yht 299... All work pretty well.

If the stick works with TV then it should work with yht 299.

I have my Android player connected to HDMI1, Asus O!Play Mini to HDMI2 and TATA Sky optical to optical in, I can watch content from all these sources.

Make sure you select right HDMI on AVR and right HDMI (HDMI otu from AVR) on TV.

I did not connect TATA SKY directly to AVR HDMI since, my wifey prefers TV's speakers than AVR. She is not big fan of home theatres :sad:. So I got optical out from TATA sky to AVR and HDMI to TV. This makes me listen to sound from HT whenever I wish and let wifey continue with TV speakers if she wishes.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back