Need HiFiVision Pro's to help me set up HT under 1.5L

At demo rooms they will always play some action scenes, bomb blasts etc as it sounds tempting. But one must listen to scenes having plain conversations as this is what majority of a movies contains.
Correct. When I went for a demo, I had to repeatedly ask them to play quieter scenes with dialogues. On my second visit, I took some clips myself which had quiet scenes.

Many times quieter scenes have background sounds like wind gushing, or leaves crackling, or distant thunders, or background conversations which are completely lost on normal speakers. It's important to check how these scenes sound on an HT. I have been noticing such quiet sounds on my setup very often and at times they add a lot of depth to the scene.

This thread has some nice comments. Recently I upgraded my Yamahata YHT 299 HTIB L&R with Mission LX2 bookshelves and they sound brilliant after burn in. A good sound and visual takes your viewing experience to whole new level. Now I would upgrade my center to Mission too given I like how they sound.

@gourav @jbkar @OM_2K19

Completely agree with your statements. That's the reason, I was lucky to ask them to show a Scene from the same movie which comes before the Fight Sequence (the book discovery) where they speak in a much lower voice. I felt QA3090ci weak in that regard.

However, turned out for the best for me as I got Dali's. Decided to wait for Oberon Vokal.

FM Pro's,

After checking with almost all Dealers in Bengaluru, few dealers in Mumbai & NCR, got to know that prices for Denon X1600 had sky-rocketed.
But took a conscious call and went for the best possible deal and booked Denon X2700H :). @Bizi05 has been instrumental in helping me get to this decision. Thank You very much @Bizi05 for the same.

@Prodigy You gave the best AVR advice in the very first comment :) and it took me countless hours to finally land on the same AVR you recommended.

X2700H from X550BT (I' must say I'm very satisfied with the decision as I'd be able to use 4K@120HZ using PS5(yet to buy - no stock :( ) and Samsung Frame TV which too supports 4K@120Hz . You all saved me from making a very bad call in the beginning by going for X550BT).

I'm now researching wrt getting Speaker Cables while the AVR arrives and I need your help in this regard too.

I understand that it's better to go with 12 or 14 AWG OFC Speaker Cables. I'm a little confused about which size of Cable to get and from where.

The Distance from AVR to Left and AVR to Right is 1 Meter. I have attached the picture of the TV Stand (2 Meter length).
So considering the instances when I may have to take the AVR out to attach few things, I'm considering 1 extra meter for each side to be safe.
Is getting 8 Meter Speaker wires to accommodate my AVR with L+R a right assumption or I'm missing something?
i.e (2Meter X 2 = 4Meter per Channel = 8 Meters)

On the other note, I found that AmazonBasics 14 AWG Cables are OOS. I also heard that these are copper coated wires with Aluminium inside. (Not sure how true it is)

I also saw few threads, where FM's have bought 2.5 sqmm i.e 14AWG wires from Finolex/Polycap and used Spade plugs/Banana Plugs to terminate as a DIY project to get high quality cables at good price.

I also came across below one from AudioCrafts which is a 12 AWG Cable and 8 Meters would cost around 3200 INR :

Can you please suggest, for my setup shown in the image, what should be the best way to get a good quality Speaker Cable?

Attachments

• 20211015_103827_00008.jpg
    20211015_103827_00008.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase!! A few tips on placement.

Bring the speakers to the edge of the table (front and sides)
If possible raise the speakers so that the tweeters are approximately at ear level when seated.
You may use some books for now. Stands would be ideal in the long term.
When you get the AVR, place on top of the table. It will be well ventilated when playing.
Cover when not in use. I use kitchen liners or colorful blouse piece material :p

Cheers,
Raghu

Can you please suggest, for my setup shown in the image, what should be the best way to get a good quality Speaker Cable?
For HT ,polycab 1.5 or 2.5sqmm will do a decent job. But for serious music, DAC ,Monoprice, Stackfine are cables which sounds good and vfm.
A small comparison-

Last edited:
Congratulations on finalizing x2700, its a very good AVR, will serve you for good time and future proof.

Get good OFC cables as suggest above, I am using DAC for LCR and have been really happy with them. No corrosions nor turned black.

I would advice get some laptop cooler like this, to keep the AVR cool and warm. These get super warm and hot. I have been using this, and everyone who has checked the AVR after running are shocked how cool this keeps it. Cheap and easy solution. Laptop Cooling Pad

I have a psb alpha s10 subwoofer (about 2 months old) for sale in case you are interested. I am willing to let it go for cheap as I have already sold my passive setup and it is lying unused.

@gourav @jbkar @OM_2K19

Completely agree with your statements. That's the reason, I was lucky to ask them to show a Scene from the same movie which comes before the Fight Sequence (the book discovery) where they speak in a much lower voice. I felt QA3090ci weak in that regard.

However, turned out for the best for me as I got Dali's. Decided to wait for Oberon Vokal.

FM Pro's,

After checking with almost all Dealers in Bengaluru, few dealers in Mumbai & NCR, got to know that prices for Denon X1600 had sky-rocketed.
But took a conscious call and went for the best possible deal and booked Denon X2700H :). @Bizi05 has been instrumental in helping me get to this decision. Thank You very much @Bizi05 for the same.

@Prodigy You gave the best AVR advice in the very first comment :) and it took me countless hours to finally land on the same AVR you recommended.

X2700H from X550BT (I' must say I'm very satisfied with the decision as I'd be able to use 4K@120HZ using PS5(yet to buy - no stock :( ) and Samsung Frame TV which too supports 4K@120Hz . You all saved me from making a very bad call in the beginning by going for X550BT).

I'm now researching wrt getting Speaker Cables while the AVR arrives and I need your help in this regard too.

I understand that it's better to go with 12 or 14 AWG OFC Speaker Cables. I'm a little confused about which size of Cable to get and from where.

The Distance from AVR to Left and AVR to Right is 1 Meter. I have attached the picture of the TV Stand (2 Meter length).
So considering the instances when I may have to take the AVR out to attach few things, I'm considering 1 extra meter for each side to be safe.
Is getting 8 Meter Speaker wires to accommodate my AVR with L+R a right assumption or I'm missing something?
i.e (2Meter X 2 = 4Meter per Channel = 8 Meters)

On the other note, I found that AmazonBasics 14 AWG Cables are OOS. I also heard that these are copper coated wires with Aluminium inside. (Not sure how true it is)

I also saw few threads, where FM's have bought 2.5 sqmm i.e 14AWG wires from Finolex/Polycap and used Spade plugs/Banana Plugs to terminate as a DIY project to get high quality cables at good price.

I also came across below one from AudioCrafts which is a 12 AWG Cable and 8 Meters would cost around 3200 INR :

Congratulations on your set up. Regards to speaker cable, don’t go for Belden 8477 for HT purposes. It will not make any audible difference but instead will cause a lot of inconvenience with placement coz of the stiff ness. Buy something that’s good copper and is flexible and easier to run between the AVR and the speakers.
One cable that I can think of is Kasper 14Awg. They are flat and comes in 2 colors, white and Green I guess.
The quality of copper is very good too.

FM Pro's,

I'm so glad to share that I have completed 3.0 Setup successfully in the past 10 days.

Got the Denon X2700 from AVShack. Pratham Arora (Owner of AVShack) has been very helpful and made the buying experience so easy.
His honesty has made me a fan of him !!

To Timbre match the Centre's with Dali Oberon 3's , bought Dali Oberon Vokal from DNI Bengaluru.

@Bizi05 has been very instrumental in this whole process. Thank You very much @Bizi05 for your constant guidance.

I'm also grateful to all of you for your expert help which has led me to make one of the best decisions in recent times.

@raghupb , @amrutmhatre90 , Your key inputs helped me a lot as well. Thank You.

For Cables, again, @Bizi05 to the rescue!! He's such a gentlemen that he built fantastic Professional Grade Cables for me (Pictures attached)
He used Klotz L&225 AWG 14 Speaker Wire and many other high quality components (Banana Plugs, Hheat Shrink Tube etc).

For surrounds, I have finalised Dali Spektor 1's . But they will arrive in a month as per DNI here in Bengaluru.
For Subwoofer, I believe I lack the right knowledge to make an informed decision yet. My current assumption is that I may not need one considering Dali Oberon 3 have 7" drivers and for a small room, they should provide sufficient bass??

The Journey for my Dream 5.1 HT continues.... (All thanks to you Pro's :) )

Attachments

• 20211104_163150_00001.jpg
    20211104_163150_00001.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20211104_163355_00002.jpg
    20211104_163355_00002.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20211104_163435_00003.jpg
    20211104_163435_00003.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20211104_163528_00004.jpg
    20211104_163528_00004.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211104_163545_00005.jpg
    20211104_163545_00005.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-20211101-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20211101-WA0020.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Got the Denon X2700 from AVShack. Pratham Arora (Owner of AVShack) has been very helpful and made the buying experience so easy.
His honesty has made me a fan of him !!

To Timbre match the Centre's with Dali Oberon 3's , bought Dali Oberon Vokal from DNI Bengaluru.
Congratulations, Good chouce. Denon and Dali goes well. Enjoy.

Congratulations, yes Pratham Arora is a very good chap. Has offered great deals in past.

Great choice of AVR and speakers, wait for sometime and add a good sub to your system.
Do audition subwoofers as each sound totally different.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back