Need speakers suggestion for my new SONY STR-DH770 7.2 Channel AV Receiver

Have u tried Boston A23 ever or listened it anywhere? And 1 more thing that Can I mix a pair of 6 ohm speakers(surround) with a pair of 8ohm speakers ( back surround)? Would this mixture affect my receiver
Your receiver will have the range mentioned. There is no harm in mixing speaker impedances while being within the receiver range. 6 and 8 ohm are usually not an issue.

MaSh

Have u tried Boston A23 ever or listened it anywhere? And 1 more thing that Can I mix a pair of 6 ohm speakers(surround) with a pair of 8ohm speakers ( back surround)? Would this mixture affect my receiver

I have used Boston Acoustics in the past. Yes have heard the A23s, A25s and A26s too.....hence the recommendation....you can audition and decide...if audition is not possible...see some YouTube Videos which can help to some extent....

AVRs are 6 ohms minimum and above.......you can use the same....ensure that there is ample ventilation for the AVR......electronics do get heated up....

Yesterday I have got my HDMI cable & few days ago the step down Transformer had already arrived and so i could able to test my AVR. Finally it got ON and Menu displayed on TV screen and pannel Display as well. so, I am relaxed now ( Actually i was worrying that "Would worth overall 23k including shipping and import fees AVR work or not ?). And now its cost has been increased to 37k in the same portal i.e, on Amazon.
Now its time to purchase speakers. First of all i want to build my 2.1 system. So, decided to opt for a pair of Boston Acoustics A23.
but little bit confused on Sub woofer between Boston Acoustics CS sub10 or TAGA Harmony TSW-90 v.3.
Since TAGA Harmony TSW-90 v.3 is an Active one. Is there any advantage of it over a non-active one. And overall which one would be better among these ?

Friends I have read many blogs, suggestions online and seen YouTube videos for my speakers set up since auditioned is not possible at my locality. Even I can't easily sell them off in near future (except olx, quikr mode). So I need to buy speakers for a long tenure on the basis of yours experience and lessons. And I need suggestions in between a pair boston acoustics A26 with a taga TSW120 subwoofer for start OR shall I opt for Taga harmony 606SE 5.0.
And suppose in future I make my setup upto 7.1 channel with Taga's speakers only then would it create more pressure on my avr since the taga speakers are of 6ohm unlike boston acoustics are of 8ohm.

The impedance range of my Avr is from 6 to 16ohm and 145watts X 7.
Kindly suggest freinds

I have used Boston Acoustics in the past. Yes have heard the A23s, A25s and A26s too.....hence the recommendation....you can audition and decide...if audition is not possible...see some YouTube Videos which can help to some extent....

AVRs are 6 ohms minimum and above.......you can use the same....ensure that there is ample ventilation for the AVR......electronics do get heated up....
Friends I have read many blogs, suggestions online and seen YouTube videos for my speakers set up since auditioned is not possible at my locality. Even I can't easily sell them off in near future (except olx, quikr mode). So I need to buy speakers for a long tenure on the basis of yours experience and lessons. And I need suggestions in between a pair boston acoustics A26 with a taga TSW120 subwoofer for start OR shall I opt for Taga harmony 606SE 5.0.
And suppose in future I make my setup upto 7.1 channel with Taga's speakers only then would it create more pressure on my avr since the taga speakers are of 6ohm unlike boston acoustics are of 8ohm.

Kindly suggest freinds

Last edited:
Hi Congrats on your purchase, I have heard Sony AVR from one of our forum member Vinod. He uses Polk TSX110 as fronts and Polk owm 3 as surrounds .It sounds good for movies .The alternate options can be Taga Harmony speakers which comes very well under the budget.
However u require good sub to get the max. out of it.

Kindly suggest freinds

You can add speakers which are 6 ohms onwards.....that's pretty standard in the AVR world.....most brands....

Tagas are nice and decent enough.....you need to pair the same with a good sub....the sub which can get as low and close as possible to 20hz is ideal......usually 12 inch subs go close as 23/24hz.....which is good....I use a BIC America PL 200 which does that.....

Other subs which have 8 inch or 6 inch drivers even if ported can get as low as 35 - 30hz....it all now depends on how much low bass you want....for music listening pleasure 35hz upwards is good.....for movies....28/30hz would be considered bare minimum

What's the difference between A25 and A26? Which one is better in terms of sound quality?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back