Need suggestion for AVR, Sub and Center channel

Onri

I have Jamo s803 bookshelves and Polk Audio TL 1 satellite speakers. Now I need to set up my 5.1 in my room which is L shape though the TV section is 10*10. I am setting up the system for the first time with no prior experience. I need help in finding the compatible AVR, a subwoofer and a center channel to go with my speakers. My budget is around 1.5L for the three. My preference is 80% movies and 20% music. Also if there are any suggestions for dealers in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai would be great. Thanks!

Since ur consumption is 80%movies u can go for denon 2700h as it has lot of dynamics over movies and polk hts12 will be decent sub for movie and in the balance 25k u can get a gud centre channel may be in the polk line up as well, it will acoustically match the signature of the sound but its purely personal preference,

How important is it to match the center speaker with L and R? Should I rather go for same series center as L and R (Jamo S 81 CEN)?

Also, should 10 inch subwoofer be enough?

How important is it to match the center speaker with L and R? Should I rather go for same series center as L and R (Jamo S 81 CEN)?

hi,
same series preferable atleast same brand

yes for a basic setup 10inch sub is enough i ll prefer HTS 12 for ur budget

I have Jamo s803 bookshelves and Polk Audio TL 1 satellite speakers. Now I need to set up my 5.1 in my room which is L shape though the TV section is 10*10. I am setting up the system for the first time with no prior experience. I need help in finding the compatible AVR, a subwoofer and a center channel to go with my speakers. My budget is around 1.5L for the three. My preference is 80% movies and 20% music. Also if there are any suggestions for dealers in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai would be great. Thanks!
Hi Onri,
As FM Vinoth said, the Denon 2700 should be a good fit if you are going to stay 5.1 for a few years at least.
Yes, you would be better off sticking to the Jamo centre.
The Jamo signature to my ears (auditioned way back in July, so it is purely from memory) is unlike any other speaker I have listened to, with a good balance between trebly and bassy...
(I really don't know what they have done technically to get this, but it was unlike any other speaker I have listened to.)
So, if you are looking for a different brand for centre, I'd suggest you either try them with your current set up (difficult but not impossible in Mumbai) or look for things that are familiar to your ears, when you go out to audition centres (this too, generally is difficult, but not impossible)
This is a bit difficult, honestly, when it comes to pressurising the space...
A good tenner would have really worked if the space is enclosed. But since it is an L, you might need to weigh a lot of options...

Could you share a diagram of the entire L, with speaker and TV placements, so it will be easier for more knowledgeable FMs to pitch in?

All said, you have great set up, but a good sub might stretch your budget a bit.
I's suggest you get the AVR and a good sub within the budget and keep the centre last.
Wishing you the best.

A good value sub would be the BIC America H100ii (12 inch front firing). The Polk HTS 10/12 is also good. Alternatively the Yamaha subwoofer lineup.

Depending on where you can place the center speaker, decide on which brand as per your budget. Simple thumb rule of center speaker is that it needs to deliver maximum frequencies between 20hz - 20Khz.

If your speakers have good sensitivity levels, the NR series from Marantz is good enough. Denon is also good and so is Yamaha too.

We have dedicated Owner threads of Denon, Marantz & BIC America where you can find first hand user information on performance and feedback.

Audition where possible else, see some youtube videos to get some idea and take a call.

There seems to be AVR shortage in the market over the last 4-6 months and dealers who have stock available have HIKED the rate so check with multiple dealers before closing any deal

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Regd the price, most dealers are quoting crazy prices and they keep saying prices will be hiked by 25% when the stocks are re-filled.. anyone heard about the price hike rumours?

Regd the price, most dealers are quoting crazy prices and they keep saying prices will be hiked by 25% when the stocks are re-filled.. anyone heard about the price hike rumours?

Yeah...heard here and there...all seem to want to recover from lockdown blues faced in 2020.

These are not rumours, its reality. Time to buy audio stuff is today, not tomorrow. I myself lost a lot of money by waiting for prices to fall, should have pulled trigger months ago.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back