Need suggestion for first home theater setup???

Stayalive

Hi,

I need your valuable suggestion on my first home theater setup for living room.

Current Room size : 16 x 12, but don't want to be constraint with this size as it would be bigger for my flat in future...may be 20 x 14. My total budget is not more than 1.1L.

I drilled down to Yamaha RX-V685 over Denon X1500H and most probably it is going to be fix. Any suggestion here are most welcome.

Still confused for my speakers selection, so far speaker budget for 5.1 is 50k might stretch to 60k but not more than that, and want to setup with floor standing speaker until Audio quality is better for bookshelf in same budget.

Current speaker selection is from Yamaha and they are NS-F71 or NS-F160 for L/R along with Yamaha NS-P51 (for surround and center) and Yamaha NS-SW-100. I was also looking for Polk Audio T50, T30, T15 along with PSW110. I am open for any suggestion.

Also need your help in getting information of local dealers for demo in Hyderabad. I didn't find any dealer except USK which are not very supporting and they are demoing high end speakers which is out of my budget.

Will Amazon/Flipkart will be good place to buy receiver and speakers as I wanted to buy in EMI and price is very less here. I talked to Yamaha authorized service center in Hyderabad who refused to give warranty when purchased online.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Just wanted to add one more combination which has been suggested by my friend for Front L/R is Dali Zensor 3 bookshelf instead of floor standing Yamaha along with Yamaha NS-P51 (for surround and center) and Yamaha NS-SW-100.
I knew Dali would be a good choice but was specially looking floor standing speakers for look, however if quality of Dali is no where match to Yamaha F71 or F160 then would go for Dali only.
How Dali Zensor 3 would go with above Yamaha surround, center and sub woofer?

Just wanted to add one more combination which has been suggested by my friend for Front L/R is Dali Zensor 3 bookshelf instead of floor standing Yamaha along with Yamaha NS-P51 (for surround and center) and Yamaha NS-SW-100.
I knew Dali would be a good choice but was specially looking floor standing speakers for look, however if quality of Dali is no where match to Yamaha F71 or F160 then would go for Dali only.
How Dali Zensor 3 would go with above Yamaha surround, center and sub woofer?
Have u tried any Marantz reciever?

No demo for Marantz and didn't get a chance to check this one. The 685 fits my criteria and recommended by one friend. And after sales support is good for Yamaha for considering this.

Current Room size : 16 x 12,
My total budget is not more than 1.1L.

Consider a 9.2 AVR like Pioneer LX 303 for abt 60K.. Will allow you the the flexibility of either 7.1.2 (or) 5.1.4 speaker layout in your room.. More overheads is good..

Still confused for my speakers selection, so far speaker budget for 5.1 is 50k might stretch to 60k but not more than that, and want to setup with floor standing speaker until Audio quality is better for bookshelf in same budget.

Consider bookshelf with wall mount capability and choose one/ dual subwoofers (if you can accomodate them in the room)..

Also consider Taga Harmony Platinum range of speakers, S90SL for fronts and surrounds and C-90SL for center.. you can comfortably complete 5.0 speakers within 50K..

Will Amazon/Flipkart will be good place to buy receiver and speakers

Hifimart is a better place.. Also amazon.in..

I think Yamaha has already mentioned in the website that items purchased online will not be covered under warranty.
You should be able to find local dealers for Yamaha.

I went to Vector System Pvt Ltd for demo in Jubilee hills, and there they had one stereo setup with Dali Zensor 5 and another with Yamaha 8390 + Yamaha SW100 sub woofer. I started with 8390 and it sounds pretty well considering price of 18K (as per Amazon) for pair, and assuming it would be better in FS160 which I am planning. Then they played Dali and difference was very much clear on crispness and clarity, although I observed Dali didn't play the low frequency as 8390, however overall clarity and crispness I found was 30-50% more than Yamaha.
I would Quoted Yamaha for delivering this quality for 1/3 of price of Dali.

I assume FS160 should be far better then 8390 as per specification, however I still see Dali Zensor 5 would be better but I will be getting FS160 at half of price.
I also found the performance of SW100 subwoofer is great. Its thumping actually mix with the music overall and didn't feel like extra subwoofer there. I felt like the bass coming from speakers only. I would recommend this sub for the price and I would be going for this one.

This is my personal experience from two songs I demoed there.

Drilled down to following combination after some much of match calculation on budget:

Everything is from Yamaha
Speaker : NS-F160 + NS-P350 + NS-SW100
Receiver: RX-V685

Any suggestion / last thought before I go and buy this. I got 1.12L quotation for above combination.

Drilled down to following combination after some much of match calculation on budget:

Everything is from Yamaha
Speaker : NS-F160 + NS-P350 + NS-SW100
Receiver: RX-V685

Any suggestion / last thought before I go and buy this. I got 1.12L quotation for above combination.

Whatever combination you choose, ensure that warranty and after sales support is available.....

If not able to audition, see if you can reach out to fellow members from Hyderabad to get a flavour of various systems which you cant audition.

Warranty in India is a joke as you get only 1 year when compared to other countries......if a system is used in the recommended way, nothing happens for a good 2 to 3 years minimum. This is my opinion......some will also agree to it!

You can also rely on some YouTube videos to understand and hear (to some extent) the systems that interest you!

There are dedicated Owner threads of Yamaha / Pioneer / Onkyo / Taga / Marantz / Denon etc where you can read and get first hand inputs......

If you are open to pre owned, see the For Sale by Owner section or OLX, you can sometimes get the best system at a reasonable price.....some like following this pre owned route as you get to flavour various systems with time....

You can add BIC America and Polk which offer between 3 - 7 years....this is to deal with market competition and boost sales....end of the day...it all depends on us as the consumer to decide whats best and fits our wallets!

Back