Need Suggestions and Help:Dolby Atmos Speaker Systems

Thank you.... Rear ones placed back side of sitting at 6ft level.. Just checked one movie clip " the book of eli" shoot out scene..giving good result.. Will update you further...

@KRISH_HYD - you have DFS10 speakers? nice! I used to have them. now I have got bipolars for the rear. would like to hear your impressions about the DFS, and also how you have placed them.

My recent reading about rear speakers made me to believe Bipolar/Dipolar speakers were used when the rear content is not very discrete and wanted to create a diffused sound field. But nowadays with all the channels are discrete every where it is suggested to go for Monopoles/ normal bookshelf speakers which fires in just one direction. Dolby Atmos also recommends monopoles for all the speakers. Looking for opinion on this.

Hi...

Please suggest Good Subs for the below Set Up...Max Budget is 30K...

FS: Wharfedale 230
Centre: Wharfedale 220
Surr: Wharfedale 10 DFS
AVR: YAMAHA RX V683....

Thanks,
Krish

My recent reading about rear speakers made me to believe Bipolar/Dipolar speakers were used when the rear content is not very discrete and wanted to create a diffused sound field. But nowadays with all the channels are discrete every where it is suggested to go for Monopoles/ normal bookshelf speakers which fires in just one direction. Dolby Atmos also recommends monopoles for all the speakers. Looking for opinion on this.

Side surrounds: Bipoles are a very good option, their natural angle prevents sounds from getting too localized
Rear surrounds: Strictly monopoles and somewhat close together
Atmos/height: Monopoles, though dolby doesn't put any restrictions in using the other types.
To avoid: dipoles, they are now obsolete

Hi...

Thanks,
Krish
For music lover: sealed sub
For HT: Ported sub
Brands: SVS, HSU, Rythmic are real good
I personally prefer SVS

Hi...

Thanks,
Krish
Decide wisely on a sub, its the anchor of a good HT system, never make it your weakest link in the chain. If you are short on funds wait for it and buy it at later stage when you have funds

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back