Need suggestions for Bookshelf speakers around 30K

sam_007

Hello All,

Looking for a good pair of BS for 30K(may extend a bit) for music(stereo) purpose only.
Mostly listen to bollywood songs.
BS should have a decent low end(Bass needed for music only) and clear vocals(mid range).
Source will be steaming + DAC(schiit), will add DVD player later.
Amp: After finalizing BS, will go for amp(budget around 25K).
Room size : 10X13 sq foot
Few BS searched online(audition is difficult at my hometown):
1- QA 3030i
2- wharfedale Diamond 11.2
3- mission QX2
4- mission LX3 MKII

Please suggest which pair will be good(Missions are cheaper than other two) or add if any new pair fits .

Wharfedale D225. Excellent speaker for the price. I bought it for surrounds but using it for mains too. Perfect for bollywood songs in my opinion.

There is a fantastic Dynaudio emit m20 in the sale section which suits ur requirements best.
Don’t think you can get a better speaker than that at 35k
Give it a serious thought

Last edited:
Hello All,

Looking for a good pair of BS for 30K(may extend a bit) for music(stereo) purpose only.
BS should have a decent low end(Bass needed for music only) and clear vocals(mid range).
1- QA 3030i
3- mission QX2
4- mission LX3 MKII

Please suggest which pair will be good(Missions are cheaper than other two) or add if any new pair fits .
You can also add Dali Oberon 1 within 30k and Oberon 3 (may go slightly over 30k)

Hello All,

1- QA 3030i
3- mission QX2
4- mission LX3 MKII

You can check Castle Knight 2 from hifimart. Its a very good option.

Hello All,

1- QA 3030i
3- mission QX2
4- mission LX3 MKII

I'd go with either the 3030i or the 11.2 on your list.

The Dynaudio Emit m20 would be easily the best of the lot. They sing beautifully even with budget amps and they scale really well with higher end amps. Also to add they suit your requirements of a tight, punchy low end with good quantity of bass and have beautiful mids

You could add the Castle Knight 2 to your consideration. Available on Hifimart for slightly above your budget. Been using them happily for almost four years now. They shine in the vocals and are quite room filling and non-fatiguing (you can listen to them the whole day). But ensure you can place them about two feet from the front wall.

Hello All,

1- QA 3030i
3- mission QX2
4- mission LX3 MKII

Mission QX-2! Period! Clearly a cut above your other shortlisted speakers and then some.

Their sound is supreme (comparable, if not better than my Wharfedale Evo 4.2 and KEF Q350 which are both more than double the price) and they look like a million bucks with their build quality being second to none for speakers below 1L that I've compared them with(better than the Quad S5, KEF Q350, Wharfedale Evo 4.2, Q Acoustics concept). And they sounded incredible while being paired with one of the cheapest receivers (and not even a full fledged stereo amplifier) out there - Marantz NR1509.

I'm surprised there isn't a stampede of customers cleaning out the QX-2 from stores while they last.

Someone is selling a Dynaudio Emit M20 on the group for a great price. If you can get that and a high current amplifier you will go in to a different league altogether over the current lot of speakers you have shortlisted.

Mission QX-2! Period! Clearly a cut above your other shortlisted speakers and then some.

Their sound is supreme (comparable, if not better than my Wharfedale Evo 4.2 and KEF Q350 which are both more than double the price) and they look like a million bucks with their build quality being second to none for speakers below 1L that I've compared them with(better than the Quad S5, KEF Q350, Wharfedale Evo 4.2, Q Acoustics concept). And they sounded incredible while being paired with one of the cheapest receivers (and not even a full fledged stereo amplifier) out there - Marantz NR1509.

I'm surprised there isn't a stampede of customers cleaning out the QX-2 from stores while they last.
Such a superlative assessment! Is it possible that you are smitten with their sound? Because sound is subjective. Generally mass-produced speakers and components are priced proportionate to the value they offer. It’s not like Mission is a DIY or startup that is pricing its products a rung or two lower than what they compete with. If these speakers objectively trounce other speakers in their price range and provide value equal to those priced 2-3 times higher, there’d be a beeline to buy them and others would lose their market share. But that’s not the case, is it? Isn’t it more helpful then that you describe what these speakers do well and why you like them?

For example when I suggested the Castle above, I stated what they do very well - the vocals. But I’d never recommend them to someone looking for tight bass or shimmering highs. There are other brands/models in the price range that do those far better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a superlative assessment! Is it possible that you are smitten with their sound? Because sound is subjective. Generally mass-produced speakers and components are priced proportionate to the value they offer. It’s not like Mission is a DIY or startup that is pricing its products a rung or two lower than what they compete with. If these speakers objectively trounce other speakers in their price range and provide value equal to those priced 2-3 times higher, there’d be a beeline to buy them and others would lose their market share. But that’s not the case, is it? Isn’t it more helpful then that you describe what these speakers do well and why you like them?

For example when I suggested the Castle above, I stated what they do very well - the vocals. But I’d never recommend them to someone looking for tight bass or shimmering highs. There are other brands/models in the price range that do those far better.
Hey Sachin, as i said earlier and i reiterate again with added emphasis, Im surprised there isn't a stampede of customers cleaning out the QX-2 from stores while they last. While the popular notion exists that mass produced speakers are built to a cost and you can get better value if you go the DIY route etc, you'll really have to experience the QX-2 to know what I'm talking about. Their build quality is really second to none when it comes to other speakers even double or more the price range and while looks are subjective, i guess i have experienced quite a few different speakers (not nearly as many as some FMs around I'm sure) to make a somewhat informed statement to this effect.

But let me have a go since you consider that my earlier assessment may not be of much help to FMs around. Then again, i do not expect somebody who's not a seasoned audiophile to care about most of the things that I'm going to speak about next (this is a subjective assessment i suppose because i daresay i listen to a rather diverse genre of music and i didn't care two hoots about soundstaging, stereo imaging yada yada till very recently when I started pouring copious amounts of money into this hobby).

First of all, these speakers are warm sounding but are lively at the same time with highs that sparkle (some may define it as shimmering highs) not unlike KEF speakers though they don't have that extra zing of th KEFs which is not to everyone's liking (the entire debate about how metal dome tweeters hurt some ears). I suppose they are an amicable compromise between benign sounding speakers like Wharfedales and the like (emphasis on the 'like') and somebody looking to listen to popular music as well where such mellow laidback speakers usually (there are always exceptions to this rule) don't work too well. I didn't have an opportunity to check soundstaging since they are placed very close together but to my mind, that's strictly for audiophiles and i really didn't pay too much attention to it till i started listening critically and started pouring hours and hours into this hobby trying to understand every nuance which I don't expect a lot of casual listeners to do. What i do expect casual listeners to pick up on immediately when they listen to these speakers (as well as "audiophiles") is that they have excellent detail retrieval while being very refined at the same time with a warm overall signature but energetic and punchy enough to keep your foot tapping (something akin to my KEF Q350). Last but not least, they have very deep bass which is quite palpable.

Another tidbit(which may or may not point towards an objective assessment), i don't own the Missions but i did happen to hear them extensively when i was visiting family back home and i felt it went toe to toe with my KEF Q350 and Wharfedale Evo 4.2 insofar as refinement, detail retrieval, vocals and bass (bass was ever so slightly more substantial, definitely deeper and more nuanced than the Wharfedale Evo 4.2) is concerned. I found that it did well with most genres of music i listened through it with an energetic presentation that erred towards warmth. I have heard the Q acoustics 3020i and 3050i at my dealers and while the 3050is have more bass, i did not find the QX-2 to be lacking in that regard at all and were more energetic and revealing when it came to the highs and mids sounded more natural and organic. Another thing of note, I found that the amount of bass they can produce is rather surprising, especially considering the fact that i heard them while they were powered by a Marantz NR1509 (Marantz does not even advertise a 4ohm load capability for this receiver while the Missions are 4ohm).

Again, just because a product is exceptionally good does not necessarily mean that they always achieve the success (or audience) that they deserve. FMs can take my experience of these speakers with a pinch of salt. I did expect my posts about the QX-2 to be not devoid of controversy as are all posts ont he forum when somebody raves about any particular product but i do sincerely believe this is a deal too good to be true (at 27,990 or even their regular price of 34K) and i can't help but rave about them as the steal deal of the decade. Had it not been for the fact that i already have the speakers that i have, i would've definitely picked this one up in a heartbeat and would continue to do so for people who aren't too fussy about the sonic signature that their speakers have and have a varied choice in music cuz these are the perfect all rounders in my book.

The bottomline? I am smitten by them, not only because of their sound but due to the exceptional value proposition that they present, especially if you are just dabbling into this hobby (as these are entry level speakers, i don't not expect a seasoned audiophile to go for them). All in all, they are rather accomplished at everything and aren't one (or two) trick ponies like certain speakers found in similar price ranges which cater to certain niche listening habits.

Last edited:
I’m in Bangalore (St Marks Road/ Ashok Nagar) currently. Any place here where I could audition the Q acoustic 3020i / 3030i / Mission Qx2 & Elac Debut? Thanks

Hey Sachin, as i said earlier and i reiterate again with added emphasis, Im surprised there isn't a stampede of customers cleaning out the QX-2 from stores while they last. While the popular notion exists that mass produced speakers are built to a cost and you can get better value if you go the DIY route etc, you'll really have to experience the QX-2 to know what I'm talking about. Their build quality is really second to none when it comes to other speakers even double or more the price range and while looks are subjective, i guess i have experienced quite a few different speakers (not nearly as many as some FMs around I'm sure) to make a somewhat informed statement to this effect.

But let me have a go since you consider that my earlier assessment may not be of much help to FMs around. Then again, i do not expect somebody who's not a seasoned audiophile to care about most of the things that I'm going to speak about next (this is a subjective assessment i suppose because i daresay i listen to a rather diverse genre of music and i didn't care two hoots about soundstaging, stereo imaging yada yada till very recently when I started pouring copious amounts of money into this hobby).

First of all, these speakers are warm sounding but are lively at the same time with highs that sparkle (some may define it as shimmering highs) not unlike KEF speakers though they don't have that extra zing of th KEFs which is not to everyone's liking (the entire debate about how metal dome tweeters hurt some ears). I suppose they are an amicable compromise between benign sounding speakers like Wharfedales and the like (emphasis on the 'like') and somebody looking to listen to popular music as well where such mellow laidback speakers usually (there are always exceptions to this rule) don't work too well. I didn't have an opportunity to check soundstaging since they are placed very close together but to my mind, that's strictly for audiophiles and i really didn't pay too much attention to it till i started listening critically and started pouring hours and hours into this hobby trying to understand every nuance which I don't expect a lot of casual listeners to do. What i do expect casual listeners to pick up on immediately when they listen to these speakers (as well as "audiophiles") is that they have excellent detail retrieval while being very refined at the same time with a warm overall signature but energetic and punchy enough to keep your foot tapping (something akin to my KEF Q350). Last but not least, they have very deep bass which is quite palpable.

Another tidbit(which may or may not point towards an objective assessment), i don't own the Missions but i did happen to hear them extensively when i was visiting family back home and i felt it went toe to toe with my KEF Q350 and Wharfedale Evo 4.2 insofar as refinement, detail retrieval, vocals and bass (bass was ever so slightly more substantial, definitely deeper and more nuanced than the Wharfedale Evo 4.2) is concerned. I found that it did well with most genres of music i listened through it with an energetic presentation that erred towards warmth. I have heard the Q acoustics 3020i and 3050i at my dealers and while the 3050is have more bass, i did not find the QX-2 to be lacking in that regard at all and were more energetic and revealing when it came to the highs and mids sounded more natural and organic. Another thing of note, I found that the amount of bass they can produce is rather surprising, especially considering the fact that i heard them while they were powered by a Marantz NR1509 (Marantz does not even advertise a 4ohm load capability for this receiver while the Missions are 4ohm).

Again, just because a product is exceptionally good does not necessarily mean that they always achieve the success (or audience) that they deserve. FMs can take my experience of these speakers with a pinch of salt. I did expect my posts about the QX-2 to be not devoid of controversy as are all posts ont he forum when somebody raves about any particular product but i do sincerely believe this is a deal too good to be true (at 27,990 or even their regular price of 34K) and i can't help but rave about them as the steal deal of the decade. Had it not been for the fact that i already have the speakers that i have, i would've definitely picked this one up in a heartbeat and would continue to do so for people who aren't too fussy about the sonic signature that their speakers have and have a varied choice in music cuz these are the perfect all rounders in my book.

The bottomline? I am smitten by them, not only because of their sound but due to the exceptional value proposition that they present, especially if you are just dabbling into this hobby (as these are entry level speakers, i don't not expect a seasoned audiophile to go for them). All in all, they are rather accomplished at everything and aren't one (or two) trick ponies like certain speakers found in similar price ranges which cater to certain niche listening habits.

Good to see you back @DB1989, a very well written post on how you perceive them :)
I’m in Bangalore (St Marks Road/ Ashok Nagar) currently. Any place here where I could audition the Q acoustic 3020i / 3030i / Mission Qx2 & Elac Debut? Thanks
You can audition ELACs and QAcoustic at Modern World , Domlur. Not sure if Bangalore has any Mission dealers or if they are available anywhere. I remember Music Ranch, Jayanagar quoting Paradigm but not too sure about mission.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back