Need suggestions for Bookshelf speakers around 30K

Thanks for the helpful information.
I have searched PM6006 online but could not find anywhere below 34900.
It will be a kind help if you could provide any online and/or offline source/contacts where I can get it around 29K, so I can reach out to them.

Here is the RMS power output for PM6006:
40 W x 2 (8 Ω/ohms load)
and for NR1509 :
50 W + 50 W (8 Ω/ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz with 0.08 % T.H.D.)(front)

6006 has lower power than 1509, as per the specs, so can 6006 drive QX2 properly?
Higher RMS does not always equate to better power. Case in point, my PM6006 sounds ever so slightly better than my Marantz SR6013 which has 105w RMS with 2 chs driven @ 0.01THD (and also cost me 3x the price of the PM6006 whereas the NR1509 cost me only 28K so it was actually cheaper than the PM6006). Take the power ratings with a pinch of salt insofar as AV receivers are concerned. The thumb rule is that stereo amplifiers half or sometimes even a quarter of the cost of AVR receivers will perform better in stereo applications. The PM6006 is an excellent amplifier for beginners if you don't want to spend much. The next logical step up to my mind would be something like the Audiolab 6000A, Cambridge Audio CXA61, Rega Brio etc.

If you have reservations regarding power output, you can also go with a Crown XLS1002 or 1502 (which i also have and use it with a Chord Mojo as my portable setup cuz the amp weighs nothing compared to either of my Marantz amplifiers) since you already have a DAC. With an excess of 525Wx2 @4ohm load, i daresay you'll ever hanker for more power. However, to my ears, the PM6006 sounds better and more full bodied than the Crown XLS1502 at less than 1/10th of the power so go figure. Another word of caution, the Crown is a Class D amplifier with a characteristic Class D sound so i'd advise you to have a listen before you make the plunge - i was horrified when i'd first heard it but eventually got used to it.

I'll PM you the contact details of my dealer. You can enquire with him regarding price and availability of stock.

Such a superlative assessment! Is it possible that you are smitten with their sound? Because sound is subjective. Generally mass-produced speakers and components are priced proportionate to the value they offer. It’s not like Mission is a DIY or startup that is pricing its products a rung or two lower than what they compete with. If these speakers objectively trounce other speakers in their price range and provide value equal to those priced 2-3 times higher, there’d be a beeline to buy them and others would lose their market share. But that’s not the case, is it? Isn’t it more helpful then that you describe what these speakers do well and why you like them?

For example when I suggested the Castle above, I stated what they do very well - the vocals. But I’d never recommend them to someone looking for tight bass or shimmering highs. There are other brands/models in the price range that do those far better.
Hey Sachin,

Came across this professional review and i was pleasantly surprised to see/hear the reviewer have a very similar experience to mine regarding all the facets that i'd described about the Mission QX-2 viz. Build Quality, Deep Bass, Treble refinement, vocals and midrange :)

Again, i know that professional reviews are scoffed at on this forum but at least its consolation to me that I wasn't smitten based on what was a construct of my mind only.... at least insofar as build quality is concerned :p- i may only have a 7 speaker experience under my belt (shout out to @Hiten ;) ) but i daresay this reviewer has much more. I suppose the countless hours spent at dealers checking out stuff when i had no money and plenty of time was not entirely in vain.

Last edited:
Hey Sachin,

Came across this professional review and i was pleasantly surprised to see/hear the reviewer have a very similar experience to mine regarding all the facets that i'd described about the Mission QX-2 viz. Build Quality, Deep Bass, Treble refinement, vocals and midrange :)

Again, i know that professional reviews are scoffed at on this forum but at least its consolation to me that I wasn't smitten based on what was a construct of my mind only.... at least insofar as build quality is concerned :p- i may only have a 7 speaker experience under my belt (shout out to @Hiten ;) ) but i daresay this reviewer has much more. I suppose the countless hours spent at dealers checking out stuff when i had no money and plenty of time was not entirely in vain.
Hey DB,

I only contested the superlative assessment. These could be good speakers, but no budget speaker does everything well - the economics won’t allow that. That was my point.

As for trusting, I’d rather go with your (and other users’) impressions than a professional reviewer’s. And not because of the number of speakers you have/have heard, but simply because you have nothing to gain.

Hey DB,

I only contested the superlative assessment. These could be good speakers, but no budget speaker does everything well - the economics won’t allow that.

As for trusting, I’d rather go with your (and other users’) impression than a professional reviewer’s.
Ha Ha... Don't take my comments too seriously... Was never a matter of contest to my head but more a genuine skeptcisim which we "audiophiles" nurture the more time we spend in this hobby. In fact, I had second thoughts after making the superlative assessment so it was more an exercise to reassure myself and have the other users know where i was coming from :)

But insofar as economics not allowing for something, you have to hear and see the Missions in person to believe it. It ups the game for all speakers at that price range. Do consider that the Missions are the cheapest here in India vis-a-vis the rest of the world

Tested the DAC output to my Crown XLS 2502 and they work fine both with the 1.4 and the .755 sensitivity setting. I however, prefer the sound from the DAC to my Tube-pre and to the Crown XLS 2502 better.

@DB1989

I recently purchased a Wharfdale D225 for surround. If I had seen your review of the Missions, I would have bought them instead.

@DB1989

I recently purchased a Wharfdale D225 for surround. If I had seen your review of the Missions, I would have bought them instead.
Ha Ha. Don't have buyer remorse. I'm sure the Wharfedale D225s are excellent and I'd advise you never to listen to the Missions ;) ignorance is bliss!

Since you already have a DAC, probably you could consider the Crown 1502 professional power amp which retails for less than 25,000 in Amazon
Thanks, but my doubt is
Tested the DAC output to my Crown XLS 2502 and they work fine both with the 1.4 and the .755 sensitivity setting. I however, prefer the sound from the DAC to my Tube-pre and to the Crown XLS 2502 better.
What is the preamp u r using n how much the cost?

Hey Sachin, as i said earlier and i reiterate again with added emphasis, Im surprised there isn't a stampede of customers cleaning out the QX-2 from stores while they last. While the popular notion exists that mass produced speakers are built to a cost and you can get better value if you go the DIY route etc, you'll really have to experience the QX-2 to know what I'm talking about. Their build quality is really second to none when it comes to other speakers even double or more the price range and while looks are subjective, i guess i have experienced quite a few different speakers (not nearly as many as some FMs around I'm sure) to make a somewhat informed statement to this effect.

But let me have a go since you consider that my earlier assessment may not be of much help to FMs around. Then again, i do not expect somebody who's not a seasoned audiophile to care about most of the things that I'm going to speak about next (this is a subjective assessment i suppose because i daresay i listen to a rather diverse genre of music and i didn't care two hoots about soundstaging, stereo imaging yada yada till very recently when I started pouring copious amounts of money into this hobby).

First of all, these speakers are warm sounding but are lively at the same time with highs that sparkle (some may define it as shimmering highs) not unlike KEF speakers though they don't have that extra zing of th KEFs which is not to everyone's liking (the entire debate about how metal dome tweeters hurt some ears). I suppose they are an amicable compromise between benign sounding speakers like Wharfedales and the like (emphasis on the 'like') and somebody looking to listen to popular music as well where such mellow laidback speakers usually (there are always exceptions to this rule) don't work too well. I didn't have an opportunity to check soundstaging since they are placed very close together but to my mind, that's strictly for audiophiles and i really didn't pay too much attention to it till i started listening critically and started pouring hours and hours into this hobby trying to understand every nuance which I don't expect a lot of casual listeners to do. What i do expect casual listeners to pick up on immediately when they listen to these speakers (as well as "audiophiles") is that they have excellent detail retrieval while being very refined at the same time with a warm overall signature but energetic and punchy enough to keep your foot tapping (something akin to my KEF Q350). Last but not least, they have very deep bass which is quite palpable.

Another tidbit(which may or may not point towards an objective assessment), i don't own the Missions but i did happen to hear them extensively when i was visiting family back home and i felt it went toe to toe with my KEF Q350 and Wharfedale Evo 4.2 insofar as refinement, detail retrieval, vocals and bass (bass was ever so slightly more substantial, definitely deeper and more nuanced than the Wharfedale Evo 4.2) is concerned. I found that it did well with most genres of music i listened through it with an energetic presentation that erred towards warmth. I have heard the Q acoustics 3020i and 3050i at my dealers and while the 3050is have more bass, i did not find the QX-2 to be lacking in that regard at all and were more energetic and revealing when it came to the highs and mids sounded more natural and organic. Another thing of note, I found that the amount of bass they can produce is rather surprising, especially considering the fact that i heard them while they were powered by a Marantz NR1509 (Marantz does not even advertise a 4ohm load capability for this receiver while the Missions are 4ohm).

Again, just because a product is exceptionally good does not necessarily mean that they always achieve the success (or audience) that they deserve. FMs can take my experience of these speakers with a pinch of salt. I did expect my posts about the QX-2 to be not devoid of controversy as are all posts ont he forum when somebody raves about any particular product but i do sincerely believe this is a deal too good to be true (at 27,990 or even their regular price of 34K) and i can't help but rave about them as the steal deal of the decade. Had it not been for the fact that i already have the speakers that i have, i would've definitely picked this one up in a heartbeat and would continue to do so for people who aren't too fussy about the sonic signature that their speakers have and have a varied choice in music cuz these are the perfect all rounders in my book.

The bottomline? I am smitten by them, not only because of their sound but due to the exceptional value proposition that they present, especially if you are just dabbling into this hobby (as these are entry level speakers, i don't not expect a seasoned audiophile to go for them). All in all, they are rather accomplished at everything and aren't one (or two) trick ponies like certain speakers found in similar price ranges which cater to certain niche listening habits.
How do you find them for vocals & whether they sound pronounced ? Do they come without any speaker grills ? Would agree with you in a way that more expensive of anything does not necessarily mean that they are better.
The mrp rate for Qx2 has gone up to Rs 39,000/-. Maybe from a good seller some discount could be availed.

Last edited:
How do you find them for vocals & whether they sound pronounced ? Do they come without any speaker grills ? Would agree with you in a way that more expensive of anything does not necessarily mean that they are better.
The mrp rate for Qx2 has gone up to Rs 39,000/-. Maybe from a good seller some discount could be availed.
As @hannibal09 pointed out, they're available for a price of 27990 which is lowest anywhere on this planet. The QX2 has a deep soundstage so Vocals are not forward like horn speakers but they're as good as my Evo 4.2 and Kef Q350 (can't beat the Quads though). It's a very well rounded speaker with no obvious weaknesses.

They come with speaker grills but it'll be a crime to hide those gorgeous drivers and front fascia.

As @hannibal09 pointed out, they're available for a price of 27990 which is lowest anywhere on this planet. The QX2 has a deep soundstage so Vocals are not forward like horn speakers but they're as good as my Evo 4.2 and Kef Q350 (can't beat the Quads though). It's a very well rounded speaker with no obvious weaknesses.

They come with speaker grills but it'll be a crime to hide those gorgeous drivers and front fascia.
Thanks DB. Your views on them have aroused my curiosity in comparison to the Kef and Evo 4.2.

Thanks DB. Your views on them have aroused my curiosity in comparison to the Kef and Evo 4.2.
I know professional reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt but do check out their review on YouTube which I'd posted on this thread. The experience of the reviewer correlates with mine.

I know professional reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt but do check out their review on YouTube which I'd posted on this thread. The experience of the reviewer correlates with mine.
Your review is also in tandem with the reviews on Hifimart.
I had another query, whether they are on the brighter side since some of them have mentioned the same and they are not meant to be partnered with bright amps. For myself, I avoid bright sounding speakers but am happy if there are reasonable details.
The reason being, I was contemplating on upgrading my Dali Oberon 1 fronts (which sound good considering their small size especially with the vocals) to the bigger Oberon 3 or the Mission QX2 after some time. I am using a Marantz avr, 120 watts RMS, 2 channels driven.
Thanks a lot.

Rgs,
Nitin

Your review is also in tandem with the reviews on Hifimart.
I had another query, whether they are on the brighter side since some of them have mentioned the same and they are not meant to be partnered with bright amps. For myself, I avoid bright sounding speakers but am happy if there are reasonable details.
The reason being, I was contemplating on upgrading my Dali Oberon 1 fronts (which sound good considering their small size especially with the vocals) to the bigger Oberon 3 or the Mission QX2 after some time. I am using a Marantz avr, 120 watts RMS, 2 channels driven.
Thanks a lot.

Rgs,
Nitin
Though their treble is prominent which makes it an exciting listen, they are not at all what i would call bright. For that matter, its very refined. Not as sharp as a KEF Q350. In fact, my Quad S5 sound brighter. The QX2 has a very well rounded sound. I don't know whether they will be a substantial upgrade over the DALIs since they are also supposed to be very good speakers. The advantage would be that you may save a few bucks over the Oberon 3s and get a different flavour since the Oberon 3s would be just more of the same.

I heard it with a marantz NR1509 and it sounded sweet so i'd say it'd pair well with yours. Marantz maintains their trademark sound over their AVRs and entry level intergrated amps so if you've heard one, it'll be more of the same when you move up. I suppose you have a 70xx or 60xx series receiver?

Though their treble is prominent which makes it an exciting listen, they are not at all what i would call bright. For that matter, its very refined. Not as sharp as a KEF Q350. In fact, my Quad S5 sound brighter. The QX2 has a very well rounded sound. I don't know whether they will be a substantial upgrade over the DALIs since they are also supposed to be very good speakers. The advantage would be that you may save a few bucks over the Oberon 3s and get a different flavour since the Oberon 3s would be just more of the same.

I heard it with a marantz NR1509 and it sounded sweet so i'd say it'd pair well with yours. Marantz maintains their trademark sound over their AVRs and entry level intergrated amps so if you've heard one, it'll be more of the same when you move up. I suppose you have a 70xx or 60xx series receiver?
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have the SR 7011 which has a roll off at the higher frequencies which I prefer for my tastes.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have the SR 7011 which has a roll off at the higher frequencies which I prefer for my tastes.
Right. All Marantz receivers have a warm sound with forgiving treble so they pair well with most speakers.

Hey Sachin, as i said earlier and i reiterate again with added emphasis, Im surprised there isn't a stampede of customers cleaning out the QX-2 from stores while they last. While the popular notion exists that mass produced speakers are built to a cost and you can get better value if you go the DIY route etc, you'll really have to experience the QX-2 to know what I'm talking about. Their build quality is really second to none when it comes to other speakers even double or more the price range and while looks are subjective, i guess i have experienced quite a few different speakers (not nearly as many as some FMs around I'm sure) to make a somewhat informed statement to this effect.

But let me have a go since you consider that my earlier assessment may not be of much help to FMs around. Then again, i do not expect somebody who's not a seasoned audiophile to care about most of the things that I'm going to speak about next (this is a subjective assessment i suppose because i daresay i listen to a rather diverse genre of music and i didn't care two hoots about soundstaging, stereo imaging yada yada till very recently when I started pouring copious amounts of money into this hobby).

First of all, these speakers are warm sounding but are lively at the same time with highs that sparkle (some may define it as shimmering highs) not unlike KEF speakers though they don't have that extra zing of th KEFs which is not to everyone's liking (the entire debate about how metal dome tweeters hurt some ears). I suppose they are an amicable compromise between benign sounding speakers like Wharfedales and the like (emphasis on the 'like') and somebody looking to listen to popular music as well where such mellow laidback speakers usually (there are always exceptions to this rule) don't work too well. I didn't have an opportunity to check soundstaging since they are placed very close together but to my mind, that's strictly for audiophiles and i really didn't pay too much attention to it till i started listening critically and started pouring hours and hours into this hobby trying to understand every nuance which I don't expect a lot of casual listeners to do. What i do expect casual listeners to pick up on immediately when they listen to these speakers (as well as "audiophiles") is that they have excellent detail retrieval while being very refined at the same time with a warm overall signature but energetic and punchy enough to keep your foot tapping (something akin to my KEF Q350). Last but not least, they have very deep bass which is quite palpable.

Another tidbit(which may or may not point towards an objective assessment), i don't own the Missions but i did happen to hear them extensively when i was visiting family back home and i felt it went toe to toe with my KEF Q350 and Wharfedale Evo 4.2 insofar as refinement, detail retrieval, vocals and bass (bass was ever so slightly more substantial, definitely deeper and more nuanced than the Wharfedale Evo 4.2) is concerned. I found that it did well with most genres of music i listened through it with an energetic presentation that erred towards warmth. I have heard the Q acoustics 3020i and 3050i at my dealers and while the 3050is have more bass, i did not find the QX-2 to be lacking in that regard at all and were more energetic and revealing when it came to the highs and mids sounded more natural and organic. Another thing of note, I found that the amount of bass they can produce is rather surprising, especially considering the fact that i heard them while they were powered by a Marantz NR1509 (Marantz does not even advertise a 4ohm load capability for this receiver while the Missions are 4ohm).

Again, just because a product is exceptionally good does not necessarily mean that they always achieve the success (or audience) that they deserve. FMs can take my experience of these speakers with a pinch of salt. I did expect my posts about the QX-2 to be not devoid of controversy as are all posts ont he forum when somebody raves about any particular product but i do sincerely believe this is a deal too good to be true (at 27,990 or even their regular price of 34K) and i can't help but rave about them as the steal deal of the decade. Had it not been for the fact that i already have the speakers that i have, i would've definitely picked this one up in a heartbeat and would continue to do so for people who aren't too fussy about the sonic signature that their speakers have and have a varied choice in music cuz these are the perfect all rounders in my book.

The bottomline? I am smitten by them, not only because of their sound but due to the exceptional value proposition that they present, especially if you are just dabbling into this hobby (as these are entry level speakers, i don't not expect a seasoned audiophile to go for them). All in all, they are rather accomplished at everything and aren't one (or two) trick ponies like certain speakers found in similar price ranges which cater to certain niche listening habits.
Wow, hadn't even heard of this brand before joining this forum couple of days ago and now this review is really making me reconsider choosing between the Q acoustics 3020i and ELAC B5.2...Any place in Delhi you know where I can audition the Mission QX2?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back