Need suggestions for Bookshelf speakers around 30K

Here I would also like to have all of your expert opinion on if we should install any cooling fan and a few heatsinks on chips in receiver to control temperature inside and help prolong the life of receivers. Have seen a few YouTube videos also on this. I was contemplating to do this exercise only if it is advisable.

Do you also intend to play it full range, without a sub ?

The sensitivity of QX2 is 88 and your existing speakers is 81, the QX2 require significantly less power (1/4th, going by the ratings) to reach the same loudness level.

Do you also intend to play it full range, without a sub ?

The sensitivity of QX2 is 88 and your existing speakers is 81, the QX2 require significantly less power (1/4th, going by the ratings) to reach the same loudness level.
I prefer to play only party kind of music on AVR. That's why like it loud. For normal lite music songs, I play it on one old deck + mobile or most of the time in car only.

Sorry, couldn't locate the sensitivity rating of my onkyo speakers. Where is that mentioned?

That's why like it loud
Loud isn't a problem when you have crossovers set for the speakers since 1) the impedance rises quickly with frequency and 2) power required decreases. That's why I asked if you were using a sub (which most would with a bookshelf).

Sorry, couldn't locate the sensitivity rating of my onkyo speakers. Where is that mentioned?
It's mentioned under specification in the user manual. I also just noticed that the range for asian model is 4 ohm - 16 ohm, Page 19.

Another thing to mention here is that since the impedance is dynamic, the figure most manufacturers publish under impedance is nominal impedance (QX2's nominal is 8ohm). This is the rating your amp talks about. A speaker's actual impedance can and will go lower than that figure depending on freq. While some manufacturers also specify minimums (QX2 - 3.8, B&W 607 - 3.7, Q Acoustics 3020i - 4.0 ohm, etc), you can look at the graphs people have measured for others and you'll notice most other speakers also have similar minimums for most of the bass/mid range.

Loud isn't a problem when you have crossovers set for the speakers since 1) the impedance rises quickly with frequency and 2) power required decreases. That's why I asked if you were using a sub (
I am using sub currently coz the satellite speakers don't have much bass. With bookshelf speakers, I believe I may still have to use the sub but will be able to suggest only after acquiring and listening to the speakers.
It's mentioned under specification in the user manual. I also just noticed that the range for asian model is 4 ohm - 16 ohm, Page 19.
Sorry, my ignorance...I am still not able to understand which particular rating in user manual Specifications page is for speakers sensitivity coz there I couldn't find any direct mention column as " speakers sensitivity"

Another thing to mention here is that since the impedance is dynamic, the figure most manufacturers publish under impedance is nominal impedance (QX2's nominal is 8ohm). This is the rating your amp talks about. A speaker's actual impedance can and will go lower than that figure depending on freq. While some manufacturers also specify minimums (QX2 - 3.8, B&W 607 - 3.7, Q Acoustics 3020i - 4.0 ohm, etc), you can look at the graphs people have measured for others and you'll notice most other speakers also have similar minimums for most of the bass/mid range.
Yes, I understood that impedance is generally dynamic in most speakers and varies as per the frequency requirement. Mission website states Nominal impedance of QX2 as 4 ohms (compatible 8 ohms).

I am using sub currently coz the satellite speakers don't have much bass. With bookshelf speakers, I believe I may still have to use the sub but will be able to suggest only after acquiring and listening to the speakers.
Yes, you will still need to use your sub for the extreme low bad frequencies. However, the crossover can be set much lower as the QX2s will dig deep down to approx 40hz depending on your room. A bit of careful setup to integrated the sub and you'll be in audio Nirvana

Sorry, my ignorance...I am still not able to understand which particular rating in user manual Specifications page is for speakers sensitivity
Look for sensitivity under Front Speaker (SKF-670) on the page I directly linked to (98).
Screenshot_20210414-032358892 (1).jpg
Mission website states Nominal impedance of QX2 as 4 ohms
I stand corrected, I was looking at the brochure that just states "8 ohm compatible".

Here I would also like to have all of your expert opinion on if we should install any cooling fan and a few heatsinks on chips in receiver to control temperature inside and help prolong the life of receivers. Have seen a few YouTube videos also on this. I was contemplating to do this exercise only if it is advisable.
AC infinity multifan S5 quite dual 80 mm usb fan for receiver.works wonders.available of Amazon for 2.5 k.im using it . even after hours of play AVR remains cool.no heat

Yes, you will still need to use your sub for the extreme low bad frequencies. However, the crossover can be set much lower as the QX2s will dig deep down to approx 40hz depending on your room. A bit of careful setup to integrated the sub and you'll be in audio Nirvana
Amen!!
Dear DB...I am just a student of elementary class of acoustics but I believe, the company of brothers like you here will help me ride the ladder fast to reach the high school and maybe masters level. I really feel delighted to be in company of all the learned, humble and supportive friends/brothers here including you.
Besides learning through listening, Could you pls. provide me input on where could I learn the basics? Any website or books?

Cheers!

Look for sensitivity under Front Speaker (SKF-670) on the page I directly linked to (98).
View attachment 56275

I stand corrected, I was looking at the brochure that just states "8 ohm compatible".

Ohh..my God. I just missed reading that page. I was just scrolling through previous pages and never reached that page.

Thanks, dear f03nix!

Cheers!

AC infinity multifan S5 quite dual 80 mm usb fan for receiver.works wonders.available of Amazon for 2.5 k.im using it . even after hours of play AVR remains cool.no heat
Dear Girish,

Thanks for replying to this post. I was just wondering if we can use cooling micro fans being used in desktops to cool down the AVR. Those are comparatively quite cheap as to the current price of 3.3 k for AC infinity multifan in Amazon.

Have you installed these fans inside the unit or outside? Would be great if you could share the pics...

Cheers!

Dear Girish,

Thanks for replying to this post. I was just wondering if we can use cooling micro fans being used in desktops to cool down the AVR. Those are comparatively quite cheap as to the current price of 3.3 k for AC infinity multifan in Amazon.

Have you installed these fans inside the unit or outside? Would be great if you could share the pics...

Cheers!
@DB1989

I use AC Infinity fans too, to cool down my receiver. The are quite effective.

A picture of the same. In the picture, the fans have been placed upside down which was blowing air into the receiver which is now corrected.

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/post-your-latest-av-purchase-s.8665/post-928300

One thing to note is that these fans are normally used to suck out hot air from the receiver rather than blow air into the receiver. Blowing air into the receiver is not advised as it will spread the heat into parts of the AVR which are not designed to go hot.

Dear Girish,

Cheers!
I have placed them over the reciver which sucks out hot air snd keeps AVR cool .it is connected to the usb port of avr.best part of it is it's silent you will never hear any sound and wonder wheather it's running or not .I have used Ave fpr abpt 6 hrs continuously even after that it was cold to touch.i don't know about other fan ypu suggested but I'm sure they will be v noisy .no harm in trying that.

Amen!!
Dear DB...I am just a student of elementary class of acoustics but I believe, the company of brothers like you here will help me ride the ladder fast to reach the high school and maybe masters level. I really feel delighted to be in company of all the learned, humble and supportive friends/brothers here including you.
Besides learning through listening, Could you pls. provide me input on where could I learn the basics? Any website or books?

Cheers!
Visit the Audioholics Channel on Youtube. You'll be a pro in no time!

@DB1989

A picture of the same. In the picture, the fans have been placed upside down which was blowing air into the receiver which is now corrected.

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/post-your-latest-av-purchase-s.8665/post-928300

One thing to note is that these fans are normally used to suck out hot air from the receiver rather than blow air into the receiver. Blowing air into the receiver is not advised as it will spread the heat into parts of the AVR which are not designed to go hot.
@DB1989

One thing to note is that these fans are normally used to suck out hot air from the receiver rather than blow air into the receiver. Blowing air into the receiver is not advised as it will spr
@DB1989

Yes dear ssf, we should suck out the hot air out of receiver. In blowing the air inside, it will infact deposit dust also inside the receiver despite not being effective also.

I have placed them over the reciver which sucks out hot air snd keeps AVR cool .it is connected to the usb port of avr.best part of it is it's silent you will never hear any sound and wonder wheather it's running or not .I have used Ave fpr abpt 6 hrs continuously even after that it was cold to touch.i don't know about other fan ypu suggested but I'm sure they will be v noisy .no harm in trying that.

Thats really cool. I was thinking to install the fans inside tucking to upper cover of AVR. But outside seems more effective coz throwing air out from inside behind the avr upper cover vents will hinder the flow. My only limitation is my AVR doesn't have USB port. So, I will have to look for options to connect the fans.

Thats really cool. I was thinking to install the fans inside tucking to upper cover of AVR. But outside seems more effective coz throwing air out from inside behind the avr upper cover vents will hinder the flow. My only limitation is my AVR doesn't have USB port. So, I will have to look for options to connect the fans.
Hi.Am also using cooling fan for avr and tv also. For AVR it's over the cover and the avr is not getting hot for sure. It's a normal dc fan and makes some noise.

Fixed one for the tv as advised by the technician. He said the tv panel get hot after some time of working and there will be condensation inside due to atmosphere humidity. This condensation cause damage to the panel as water particles can't go outside(I don't know his theory makes any sense)

Anyway he came and made a square hole on the body of the tv and the fan is fixed. Hope i will get long life for the tv with his science...

Hi.Am also using cooling fan for avr and tv also. For AVR it's over the cover and the avr is not getting hot for sure. It's a normal dc fan and makes some noise.

Fixed one for the tv as advised by the technician. He said the tv panel get hot after some time of working and there will be condensation inside due to atmosphere humidity. This condensation cause damage to the panel as water particles can't go outside(I don't know his theory makes any sense)

Anyway he came and made a square hole on the body of the tv and the fan is fixed. Hope i will get long life for the tv with his science...

Hi John,

How big is the size of fan in AVR and how have you connected to power it?

Hi John,

How big is the size of fan in AVR and how have you connected to power it?
It's the same we can find in the desktops. They are different sizes. Bigger one kept for avr and smaller for tv.

Connected both to a single dc 12v adaptor.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back