Need suggestions for my 1st HT

Hi everyone,

I auditioned Q Acoustics 3020i + 3090ci today and found this combination not so much clear for vocals (movies and music). Then I auditioned Dali Spektor 2 and Spektor Center, also with Zensor Center and found this combination better on clarity.

i. Request all the experts to guide me if I’ll be doing the right thing, choosing Dali Spektor 2 + Spektor/Zensor Vokal over Q Acoustics 3020 + 3090ci. And since, Zensor Vokal is better, can I pair Zensor Vokal with Spektor 2 Bookshelfs.

ii. I had decided to go with Denon X1600H, but will it be powerful enough to drive Dali or should I go ahead with Denon 2600H

iii. I auditioned Polk OWM3, Sonodyne Sonus 3540, Taga 806s for surrounds. Taga 806s lack the clarity. So, which one would be better: Polk OWM3 vs Sonodyne Sonus 3540.

The Yamaha 485 should be fine for your usecase. But why do you want to go for a new AVR if you dont want the latest one, look around in the used market on OLX as well and see if you find anything which fits your bill at a much lower price. Compare the 2 channel and all channel specs from online, anything similar/better than X1600H/V485 should be fine. The extra amount charged by Denon for the X series gives you better features in terms of formats supported/HDR/DV and also better room calibration via MultiEQ than any other similar budget AVR offerings from other brands.
485 has ypao. Isn't that also used for audio calibration? Is that not good? Also, does this reciever support all the common audio formats to enjoy movies?

Hi everyone, can you please guide me for the Speaker wires, HDMI cable, Subwoofer RCA cable.

I’m planning to go for Amazon Basics Oxygen free cables 14 gauge, Bluerigger/Amazon Basics 10ft HDMI cable, Amazon Basics 50 ft subwoofer cable.
Please guide me if these are good enough in the budget range.

Hi @Prodigy
Thanks for letting me know the pros and cons basis your experience.
Considering this dialogue clarity issue in 3090ci and budget limitation of 1-1.2 lacs (AVR, 5 Speakers and Sub), Do I have any other option apart from QA, or it's something I'll have to compromise no matter which speakers I buy in this budget range.
(I can stretch the budget by another 10k maybe, but as far as I know there is no limit when it comes to building a perfect HT)
I think you're overthinking this. I have the Q Acoustics 3090ci as center and 3050i as fronts and there is no dialogue mismatch whatsoever! I find my center channel wonderfully crisp. Ofcourse, there'd be subjective differences amongst listeners, but don't be so hard on yourself to get everything right. You will not! If you found the overall setup working well for you, in the audition - go for it.

This feels overwhelming and trust me I've been in the same boat earlier.
Denon 1400H + Q Acoustics is excellent for movies.

Hope it helps.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back