Need Suggestions for releasing my stuff at Customs

Finally after nearly five months I got my Topping D90MQA DAC released from the customs after making tremendous efforts .⁷I received the unit from the local post office on 2nd Feb. after paying the custom charges also.My thanks to all fms who provide their valuable suggestion regarding the clearance of the item.
It's happy to know you got it finally...!

Glad you got it released from the customs. Wanted to know What was the process followed . I hope you are enjoying it to it’s fullest after the stressful time spent.

Finally after nearly five months I got my Topping D90MQA DAC released from the customs after making tremendous efforts .⁷I received the unit from the local post office on 2nd Feb. after paying the custom charges also.My thanks to all fms who provide their valuable suggestion regarding the clearance of the item.
Congratulations. Very unfortunate an incident.

Glad you finally got it.
Do you mind telling how much custom fee you had to pay, and did it need any additional documentation?

Hey Congrats.

No doubt big releif for you. Hope you got it in good shape.

Would be helpful for all of us if you could share what did you do to get this out?

Talk on the street is that the Indian customs make it difficult / impossible to import goods from China... even if they are routed via Hong Kong.....

Hi FM's,
I am really very happy that I got the unit after a long break.Actually I do not visit the customs office New Delhi personally but had contacted them via mail from the last four months.I had provided them the relevant documents including bank statement showing transaction details,the invoice of the product, my ID card and ETA self declaration format.Despite these relevant documents the custom officials were reluctant in releasing the product.Howover one of my friends who happened to be in New Delhi visited the customs office and convinced the officials about the use of the product and finally they agreed in clearing the item.I received the item from the local post office after paying the custom charges.I once again thank to all fm's for their help and guidance.

Attachments

• 20210216_175143_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    20210216_175143_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 83
  • 20210216_175300_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    20210216_175300_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20210216_175225_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    20210216_175225_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 82
@Imtiyaz Ahmad this dac is available on headphonezone for 85k. Is your import worth this much pain? You saved good amount?
@Vivek Batra At the time of placing the order for the item the same was out of stock on headphonezone . Definitely it is a fine piece of dac..I haven't saved a good amount on the item as I have to pay the custom duty also.

Hi FM's,
I am really very happy that I got the unit after a long break.Actually I do not visit the customs office New Delhi personally but had contacted them via mail from the last four months.I had provided them the relevant documents including bank statement showing transaction details,the invoice of the product, my ID card and ETA self declaration format.Despite these relevant documents the custom officials were reluctant in releasing the product.Howover one of my friends who happened to be in New Delhi visited the customs office and convinced the officials about the use of the product and finally they agreed in clearing the item.I received the item from the local post office after paying the custom charges.I once again thank to all fm's for their help and guidance.
Imtiyaz Ji, Your Denon amp has a pretty good DAC. I believe you ordered the Topping because of MQA. However, did you find it overall better than that of the amp?

Sad you had to go through all this pain. But finally it’s time to enjoy. I feel hiring an agent is always good. they know all paths and tricks to make it as smooth as possible.

Imtiyaz Ji, Your Denon amp has a pretty good DAC. I believe you ordered the Topping because of MQA. However, did you find it overall better than that of the amp?
@ abhishek yes Denon has a very good DAC.I ordered the Topping mainly for MQA.However I find that topping has a black background compared to Denon.The difference between the two is small and to me Topping is marginally better than the Denon .I found that using a laptop and feeding an MQA file through the usb input of the Topping dac , the difference in sound quality of the same file via Allo digione signature feeding coaxial of Topping dac is not great and I do not recognize any difference.

Last edited:
That was one frustrating wait, I'm glad you finally got it. I have one at home, best investment I have made so far for a desktop setup.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back