Need Suggestions Regarding 5.1 Speakers

MiG117

I am planning to buy a solid 5.1 speaker system. Initially I will be using it with my 40" LCD tv, although I will be buying an AVR in the near future. I will be using it mostly to watch movies. I am also planning to buy a WD TV Live Plus media player.

What are your suggestions for Energy Take Classic in this setup? Can I get the most out of it without an amplifier/AVR? Are there are any other speakers you guys would like to recommend (should be within 25k)?

Go for seperate 5.1 system if you have plans to buy an AVR but you shld buy them together. Or else go for a HTIB like Onkyo 3300 ....

What is your budget ?

Room size ?

Go for seperate 5.1 system if you have plans to buy an AVR but you shld buy them together. Or else go for a HTIB like Onkyo 3300 ....

I didn't want to go for HTIBs because I thought HTIB speakers won't be able to match the sound quality of dedicated 5.1 speakers. Rectify me if I am wrong. And mostly probably I will delaying the purchase of an AVR since I am a little low on cash now. Can I just use the 5.1 speakers with my LCD tv or do I need to use an amp with it? I am thinking of buying Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers. What are your views on that?

What is your budget ?

About 30K.

Room size ?
The room is pretty small :sad:. About 10 feetby 18 feet. But please note that I will be shifting my house in another 4 to 5 months and I will be getting a bigger room to play around with.

You can not connect 5.1 direct to LCD either you need a AVR or AMP to connect the speakers...

Also read there are few satisified customers for Onkyo 3300.. Since you have a limited budget..

Else start building the system slowly . Buy an entry level AVR/Amp and two bookshelf speakers then add sub center and rear speakers later...

12X18 is not bad at all if you can place your viewing or listening angle towards the 18side.

You can go thru the threads like speakers under 20k or amplifiers / avrs .... Plenty of information available there .

Good luck searching ..

Sorry for the double post and thanks for the suggestion.

Can you recommend the best 5.1 speaker system and an amp pair within 30 K?

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back