Need Suggestions with Home Music Player Systems

kaladhar

Hey guys,

How is everybody doing? This is Kaladhar from Chennai and i am planning to buy the best quality music player with all the latest features. My budget is around 10k-15k and i need your help with that..

Do tell me which is the best in the market.. This is for my home and the sound quality must be perfect.

Mu questions..

Which Brand?
Which Model?
Cost, Features and so on...

Sharing any appropriate links would be a great help too... ALright suggest me away... I will be waiting for your responses!!

Cheers
Kaladhar :yahoo:

P.S: Every little helps!! :)

ur use?? source?? use type movie? music??
at 15k its dificult..anyway u reply with ur use......

Hello there,

Thanks for your reply.. Like i have mentioned in the subject line, I'll be using the music player in my Home, for personal entertainment purpose..

Forget 15k then... Suggest me the Brand, model and it's price if you can..

What type movie?? I don't know what U mean but the main purpose is to hear music/FM and with great quality sound.. USB & iPod connectivity must be there..

@ Kaladhar, if you search forum, yoy will find systems ranging from 4k to many lacs. You cannnot forget budget. Every system has some strength or weakness. It seems that you need source, amp and speakers. Everything together , of good quality, will be quite difficult to get in 15k. There are some decent choices for amp+ speaker in that budget like Topping tp 2020 amp with Cambridge audio S30 speakers, or Norge 4242 amp with Norge millenium MK2 speakers. Add a DVD player with built in FM for 3k and you are ready to go. You may also opt for DVD player with FM with 2.1 speakers like Edifier/alteclansing or a DVD player (with FM) with Audioengine A2 speakers (which have built in amp) or go for all in one stereo system from Sony.

..........or go for all in one stereo system from Sony.

If you are considering an all in one system, do check out Panasonic. I have a Panasonic all in one system which I had picked up many years ago (in 2001) when I was in the US. This system has been with me ever since, and has been transported across 2 countries, 5 cities and more than 6 houses. A simple 35 Watt (actual watts, not PMPO), system that still works perfectly after more than 11 years of solid abuse! I still use this in my study room, and will probably run this till it falls apart - which I don't see happening anytime soon. I paid 125 USD in 2001 for this unit.

Based on my experience, I would surely recommend that you check out Panasonic if you are looking for an all in one system.

Or try out Harmon Kardon's MAS100. Great sound and has all the necessary connectivity you are looking for. However, a trifle expensive at ~40k. Of course, you will have recommendations pouring in from the forum members for a component system at this price :)

i think u need a player...not amplifier or speakers...am I correct..
or a integretaed system..it will be very helpful to all if u specify pls.thank you

If you are considering an all in one system, do check out Panasonic. I have a Panasonic all in one system which I had picked up many years ago (in 2001) when I was in the US..........Based on my experience, I would surely recommend that you check out Panasonic if you are looking for an all in one system.

Very interesting.. Thanks very much for your input. I will check out Panasonic.. Which model are U using again?

i think u need a player...not amplifier or speakers...am I correct..
or a integretaed system..it will be very helpful to all if u specify pls.thank you

Yes mate!! U are indeed right..I'm looking for a Player.. I ain't an expert in assembling amps or speakers or DVD peripherals to the music player.. It's all greek & latin to me anyway and that's why i wanted the experts to help me out with their valuable suggestions and i have to say that you guys are doing a good job.. :yahoo:

Very interesting.. Thanks very much for your input. I will check out Panasonic.. Which model are U using again?

The model that I have is the Panasonic SA-PM12. I doubt if this model will be available now (I bought this in 2001)....there will surely be equivalent models.

Lol... Sure mate!! Thanks a lot :)

Enjoy the hunt. I seriously recommend the MAS100 for anyone who would not want to go through the cycles of mixed and matched components but want great sound. The first time I heard it, I was wowed. Miles ahead of stuff like Sony and Philips. Ofcourse, they charge a premium of bringing it all together in one small package :)

Enjoy the hunt. I seriously recommend the MAS100 for anyone who would not want to go through the cycles of mixed and matched components but want great sound. The first time I heard it, I was wowed. Miles ahead of stuff like Sony and Philips. Ofcourse, they charge a premium of bringing it all together in one small package :)

Although I don't remember model names, even Marantz, Denon, Yamaha and Onkyo have such all in one systems (CD/mp3 player with tuner, amp and speakers) which are quiet good but cost is upwards of 25-30k

Although I don't remember model names, even Marantz, Denon, Yamaha and Onkyo have such all in one systems (CD/mp3 player with tuner, amp and speakers) which are quiet good but cost is upwards of 25-30k

Yes, you are right. If OP can get to listen to all those, it would be good for him. I spoke of HK as I know this system is typically available in a HK/JBL store for an audition.

@apk, @milestoneseeker, @jaudere,

Thanks a lot, fellows.. U guys are the best and not to mention very knowledgeable. Now, i have a basic idea to start with and if U guys are on Facebook, i would like to add U all up.. So if U are interested to keep in touch, kindly send me a F/R to

https://www.facebook.com/kaladhar.battepati

Cheers & God bless!!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back