Need suitable HTIB for Bravia KLV40V550A Full HD

sunyapu

Friends,

I am looking out for HTiB or Comp for my Full HD BE 3 Bravia-40V550 LCD with below terminal specs -

HDMI / Audio In 4 (2 Side/2 Rear), USB 2.0 1 (Side), Component / Audio In 2 (Rear), Composite / Audio In 3 (1 Rear (Video Out common use)/1 Rear ,(Component input common use)/1 Side), HD15 PC Input / Audio 1 (Rear) ,Composite Monitor Out / Audio Out 1 (Rear), Audio Out 2 (1 Rear/1 Rear (Analog Audio Input common use)), Headphone Out

Below is req.
Budget 20-25K, Movie/Audio (50/50), Room - 10x15 ft

Also couple of queries -
1. What is HDMI pass through and HDMI compatible AVR ? In order to check how normal DVD is upscaled to 1080p through Sony player (through HDMI out), I asked Vijay sales to connect Sony DVD player to V550 but was not impressed at all as I found no visible difference.

2. As my LCD has 4 HDMI IN, do I required AVR with HDMI pass through and HDMI compatible capabilities ? Can I not connect player's HDMI out to LCD's IN or I still need to pass through AVR's HDMI for better PQ ?

3. What is HDMI audio processing and how it different from normal audio ?
Are there any AVRs which does this within the budget limit mentioned above ?

4. I checked YHT-195 y'day and found it good. Will it be a good match for my LCD panel and the requirement ?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions/inputs.:)

Below is req.
Budget 20-25K, Movie/Audio (50/50), Room - 10x15 ft

any 'home theater' that costs 20-25k will be rubbish for music, so why don't you focus on the home theater bit of it now, and invest in a musical setup later?

Also couple of queries -
1. What is HDMI pass through and HDMI compatible AVR ? In order to check how normal DVD is upscaled to 1080p through Sony player (through HDMI out), I asked Vijay sales to connect Sony DVD player to V550 but was not impressed at all as I found no visible difference.

HDMI pass through is when the HDMI signal is "passed through" untouched, in the same form as it came out from your source. "HDMI compatible" is marketing terminology that has no significance. Your AVR either has video processing (including deinterlacing and upscaling) or it does not. The DI and scaling performance of your V550 will be about as good as that of your Sony DVD player, so don't expect much, if you want competent deinterlacing and scaling think of at least a cambridge audio DVD99 (12.5k). Otherwise get an AVR like hte onkyo 606 (35k) and it will deinterlace and upscale better than your DVD player and TV.

2. As my LCD has 4 HDMI IN, do I required AVR with HDMI pass through and HDMI compatible capabilities ? Can I not connect player's HDMI out to LCD's IN or I still need to pass through AVR's HDMI for better PQ ?

no you don't, if you have 4 HDMI ins, there is no point getting a "HDMI compatible" AVR, unless it has actually has some quality video procesisng on board. or you plan to have more than 4 HD sources!

HDMI is the vehicle of choice for the new HD (uncompresssed) surround audio formats like Dolby True HD and DTS HD MA, which are only available on blu-ray discs and the like, not on DVDs. the Onkyo 606 can decode HD audio, but it's above your budget, but unless you have a blu-ray player or some other HD audio source, it's pointless

4. I checked YHT-195 y'day and found it good. Will it be a good match for my LCD panel and the requirement ?

I've heard it, it's slightly better than the similarly priced Onkyo HTIBs, and if you liked it yourself, then what are you waiting for? go and get it! It should be a decent match given your viewing area. Your LCD panel has no impact on the sound system that you require.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions/inputs.:)

you're welcome

Oh ya check out the HTIBs from Philips, i suspect they will be superior to the YHT-195, simply because the speakers will be superior, and you will get a 1080p upscaling DVD player also bundled with it for the price. What you won't get is auto-calibration, but the YPAO on the YHT-195 is nowhere as good as say the Audyssey systems used by Onkyo and Denon, so you're not going to lose much.

HDMI pass through as the name suggest lets the signal pass through with no changes to it. Audio is not passed to TV and you need to connect the DVD to the AVR (363 yamaha in case of yht 195) by optical/coaxial connection. Use a Philips 5996 or better Pioneer 610 - better in upscaling than puny sony. Pioneer is 6k in grey in mumbai.

And understand that teh TV upscales every signal (480, 576, 720) to 1080p anyway. Its better.

option 1. Attach the HMDI to TV from dvd player. And then coaxial/optical to receiver for 5.1/DTS sound.

Option 2. Attach HMDI out from Sony/Philips/Pioneer DVDP to AVR (363) and then HMDI out to TV. Sound will not come through TV speakers but will be processed by Yamaha AVR. you need to connect an optical/coaxial cable from DVDp to receiver

PQ should remain the same with HDMI passthrough as in Yamaha - though yamaha clips blacker than black and whites than white you will not notice much difference. And its easier with less cables.

Not in your budget and not worth it, HDMI audio processingn is where the receiver can process 5.1/7.1 HD (some models) from HDMI signal send across from DVDp and other sources. It can passthrough the signal as well if needed.
Simply put it requires lesser cables with just one HDMI cable from source to AVR.

YHT 195 is bang for the buck. Available for 21-22k in Mumbai vijay sales.

Oh ya check out the HTIBs from Philips, i suspect they will be superior to the YHT-195, simply because the speakers will be superior, and you will get a 1080p upscaling DVD player also bundled with it for the price. What you won't get is auto-calibration, but the YPAO on the YHT-195 is nowhere as good as say the Audyssey systems used by Onkyo and Denon, so you're not going to lose much.

if you want to spend less philips HTiB is a good option - but connections and upgrade path make it a bad buy (good buy in case of a really tight budget and tight room). Auto calibration can be tweaked for best results and paired with Wharfdale 9.1/9.2 this avr is acceptable for music as well (50% usage mentioned for music)

Philips HTiB is bang for the buck in movies but bad for music with 10% THD or nearabouts - music will be noise not music.:indifferent14:

For an allround solution nothing beats the Yamaha 195 - available for 21k only - thats a steal.

Thanks psychotropic & suprateep. As always this group rocks and you guys are excellent !

Any specific Philips HTiB you would like to refer ?

I heard Yht-195 is VFM for movies but no VFM for music. In that case Can I buy 195 (363 in this case) receiver and speaker of other good brand ? If yes then which one ? I have wiring for wall mounting speakers

Thanks a ton !

Thanks psychotropic & suprateep. As always this group rocks and you guys are excellent !

Any specific Philips HTiB you would like to refer ?

I heard Yht-195 is VFM for movies but no VFM for music. In that case Can I buy 195 (363 in this case) receiver and speaker of other good brand ? If yes then which one ? I have wiring for wall mounting speakers

Thanks a ton !

man i would suggest the YHT is VFM for an allround show - the receiver 363 is good and can be paired with wharf 9.1/9.2 to get excellent music. What the 363 offers is a option to upgrade to a decent stereo setup as well. BTW with decent settings the YHT 195 sounded great for DTS tracks BTW.

The philips HTiB is an allroudn solution - no upgrade path wrt speakers - good for movies and not acceptable for music though.

Pyscho - we are differing here :eek:hyeah:

At 25 K you'll get JBL + harmon solution - but you need extra DVD player
But the speakers are smaller and better - far better than 195 also the subwoofer is 8 inch against 6 Inches of yamaha sub

Anyway yamahas mass market speakers are not worth IMHO and rem JBL is a speakers company who supplies speakers to concerts and theatres!

hehe yeah we are, but the mass market sub-sat HTIBs are generally pretty terrible for music. Yes, the fact that you can upgrade later is definitely an advantage, but at the moment, and with this budget, I think I'd personally just go with whatever sounds good for movies, and then think of a separate setup for music later.

Sunyapu, the 363 with other speakers may not be a bad idea, but would not be within your budget. All things considered I'd urge you to listen to both options, the Philips and the Yamaha. The Philips option i was talking about is the HTS 3569 . Here's the link from the Philips site. Here's a review thread on thse forums.

man i would suggest the YHT is VFM for an allround show - the receiver 363 is good and can be paired with wharf 9.1/9.2 to get excellent music. What the 363 offers is a option to upgrade to a decent stereo setup as well. BTW with decent settings the YHT 195 sounded great for DTS tracks BTW.

The philips HTiB is an allroudn solution - no upgrade path wrt speakers - good for movies and not acceptable for music though.

Pyscho - we are differing here :eek:hyeah:

i will second suprateep comment.
as a owner of YHT-195 i would say it produces good music even with it's stock satellite(subject to good inter connectors such as good dig.co-ax.and speakers burn in).it's been 2 month since i purchased it and at present speakers produces sound with very good details.
since u have tight budget as on now u can go with Yht-195 and say after 6 to 7 months if u wont satisfied with SQ u can upgrade speakers.

i will second suprateep comment.
as a owner of YHT-195 i would say it produces good music even with it's stock satellite(subject to good inter connectors such as good dig.co-ax.and speakers burn in).it's been 2 month since i purchased it and at present speakers produces sound with very good details.
since u have tight budget as on now u can go with Yht-195 and say after 6 to 7 months if u wont satisfied with SQ u can upgrade speakers.

+1 to that.

Go for yam(195 22K),Onk(3200-22K,5105-27 to 30K) at present as per your budget. Later change the Fronts with Wharfe 9.2 15K.

hehe yeah we are, but the mass market sub-sat HTIBs are generally pretty terrible for music. Yes, the fact that you can upgrade later is definitely an advantage, but at the moment, and with this budget, I think I'd personally just go with whatever sounds good for movies, and then think of a separate setup for music later.

Sunyapu, the 363 with other speakers may not be a bad idea, but would not be within your budget. All things considered I'd urge you to listen to both options, the Philips and the Yamaha. The Philips option i was talking about is the HTS 3569 . Here's the link from the Philips site. Here's a review thread on thse forums.

Thanks friend ! It seems the Philips 3569 has got tower speakers and I have wiring done for wall mounting. :)

I think I will go for Yamaha AVR-363, JBL speakers and good player even if I have to strech mu budget little bit more.

Can any one let me know if I can buy only receiver separately (What cost ?), compatible JBL speaker (wall mount) and good player (optical, Component & good upscaling of DVD/Cds to 1080p)?

Thanks again !

Last edited:
Thanks friend ! It seems the Philips 3569 has got tower speakers and I have wiring done for wall mounting. :)

I think I will go for Yamaha AVR-363, JBL speakers and good player even if I have to strech mu budget little bit more.

Can any one let me know if I can buy only receiver separately, compatible JBL speaker (wall mount) and player ?

Thanks again !

if u buy AVR - 363 with JBL .. plz tell me the total price.

Can any one let me know if I can buy only receiver separately (What cost ?), compatible JBL speaker (wall mount) and good player (optical, Component & good upscaling of DVD/Cds to 1080p)?

Thanks again !

No reply :sad:

hi sunyapu,
vijay sales u mentioned also sell separate yamaha amp.so u will definitely get rxv-363 over there,well i m not sure abt cost but it might be in between 15 to 17k appx.and for JBL speakers i guess vijay sales dont stock them.they only have mission and yamaha speakers.so may be some other forum member can help u out to locate dealer of JBL speaker cause i m not aware of JBL dealer in mumbai(COME ON GUYS PLEASE POST YOUR REPLIES,HEMANT WHERE ARE U FRIEND ONE MUMBAIYAN NEED YOUR HELP)
cheers.

Last edited:
hi sunyapu,
vijay sales u mentioned also sell separate yamaha amp.so u will definitely get rxv-363 over there,well i m not sure abt cost but it might be in between 15 to 17k appx.and for JBL speakers i guess vijay sales dont stock them.they only have mission and yamaha speakers.so may be some other forum member can help u out to locate dealer of JBL speaker cause i m not aware of JBL dealer in mumbai(COME ON GUYS PLEASE POST YOUR REPLIES,HEMANT WHERE ARE U FRIEND ONE MUMBAIYAN NEED YOUR HELP)
cheers.

This is another Mumbaikar here;)

JBL dealer is in Atria Mall, Worli, 3rd floor.

Sahil International, 3rd Floor, Atria mall, Worli-400025
(022)24813363/4 (0)9833037370

Last edited:
hi sunyapu i guess your query is solved as mr.reju is here with some valuable input for you.
sorry reju i m new to here so don't know many people,now i know that u r also from mumbai then i will shout your name also when some mumbaiker need our help.:eek:hyeah:
have a good day friend

This is another Mumbaikar here;)

JBL dealer is in Atria Mall, Worli, 3rd floor.

Sahil International, 3rd Floor, Atria mall, Worli-400025
(022)24813363/4 (0)9833037370

Thanks buddy. I will check @ Atria by next week. Let hope I will get compatible wall mounting spkrs for Yamaha 363 receiver.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back