Need Urgent Help on Denon 1612+Boston Acoustics MS4000

bpranay

Hello Everyone,

This is my first thread in HFV. I feel this is a great platform to help each other in every possible way and the way it is going seems like the true prupose of HFV is being fulfilled.

I am getting a deal of Denon 1612 with Boston Acoustics MS4000 at 55K. Can you tell me whther this is a good deal or not? Also tell me about the reviews of Denon 1612 and BA MS4000. I could not find MS4000 on BA's website. So is it the discontinued/obsolete product or what. Please help me.

Hello bpranay,

Welcome to HFV. Well, I bought the Denon 1612 just 4 days ago. I paid exactly Rs. 25,400 at ProFX in Bangalore. This is an offer price for the festive season I was told. The 1612 is year 2012 model and now Denon has already come up with the year 2013s line up namely 1513, 1713 and so on. The new 1513 is also priced around 25k but is inferior to features compared to 1612. The 1713 is comparable to 1612 but is priced higher.

I dont know about the MS4000 speakers. I just found this on the net, probably it can help.....
Boston Acoustics - MS4000 Theater Speaker - On Sale - Mistile

Since the speakers are listed for 456 USD which roughly translates to 25k in INR and add around 5k(could be even more...) to bring it to India (shipping, customs etc). My opinion is 55k sounds ok for the combo. Though I am not sure whether you could buy the speakers elsewhere in India. Please look around bit more for the speakers and then decide.

Probably this info will help you makeup your mind to arrive at a conclusion whether to buy or not :) , all the best.
Regards,
Sachin

Thanks Sachin for your Reply. Through internet, I have found one more deal that is Marantz SR301 AV Receiver & Boston Acoustics MS 4000S 5.1 Home Theatre Systems for Rs.35,700/- and this seems to be a pretty good deal on Rs 35700 Marantz SR301 AV Receiver & Boston Acoustics MS 4000S 5.1 Home Theatre Systems but when I tried to search about SR301, it seems this one is not the latest AV receiver and the website did not mention anout it's HDMI port and connectivity. So if it's not loaded with new age features then no point in going for this deal.
It is true that this Denon+ BA deal is available at Profx as I am getting it from the Symphony Chandigarh who's like a franchisee for profx and they seem to promote mostly Denon. I even had a demo for Onlyo 3500 but the salesman discouraged me for Onkyo and Yamaha. I did not find much difference between Denon 1312 HTIB and Onkyo 3500. May be other techies in the forum can throw some light on the same.

Hi, I feel theres no point in buying the Marantz SR301 because it has no HDMI in or outs.
Rather than buying a combo, why don't you go for the AVR and speaker set independently? If you like the speakers, you may also call the guy and ask for the speakers price independently w/o the Marantz SR301.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back