• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Need USB soundcard

Wharfedale Speakers

avinandan012

I am looking for a good quality USB soundcard.

From the looks of it there are not many products are there for this. I am using Steelseries Siberia USB 2.0 sound card but it started having problems.

I am able find these two below models.
  1. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240
  2. Asus Xonar U7 -Compact 7.1-channel USB soundcard and headphone amplifier with 192kHz/24-bit HD sound
which one is better?
Please suggest if there's any other product exists with good sound quality.

Rockfella

Asus U7. But I can't find a good source to buy. Asus sound cards are priced 4/5 times more on Amazon.in for some reason :O

oyster

For that price why not get the Schiit Modi2. Do not go for the Uber version, it's based on AKM4490 which I find to have unreal timbre/tone.

Just found that even the newer non uber versions come up with AKM4490. I take my recommendation back.

Check out used Digigram/RME/Lynx sound cards on ebay.

avinandan012

For that price why not get the Schiit Modi2. Do not go for the Uber version, it's based on AKM4490 which I find to have unreal timbre/tone.
USB soundcard = (headphone out + mic in) with a single USB connection = Audio Interface

For Music I have topping D30

Last edited: