• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Need VPN suggestions for Nvidia shield pro / Firetv 4k

Wharfedale Speakers
Hi Guys

My Nvidia shield pro is on the way, i already have firetv 4k, could you please suggest me a good VPN which i could use to access American Netflix catalogue, Tidal and other american apps with good speeds

What do you guys use ?

Jayant_S

Hi Guys

My Nvidia shield pro is on the way, i already have firetv 4k, could you please suggest me a good VPN which i could use to access American Netflix catalogue, Tidal and other american apps with good speeds

What do you guys use ?
I'm using Express VPN with Firetv 4k. Works smoothly for Netflix and Amazon prime US content

Jayant_S

But isnt it most expensive of all ? I'm currently running trial on it, 1080p titles look good but 4K is quite slow, on ACT 300 mbps
I did try a few free vpns before using this one. The free vpns worked well for a week at best and then started slowing down or just not working for me.

Agreed it's a bit expensive, but it's been very smooth sailing for the past 3-4 months with Express VPN. I haven't experienced slow downs with 4k so far

bpranay

Hi Guys

What do you guys use ?

Would recommend nord VPN. it's one of the highly recommended. Works smooth for netflix & kodi. Has P2P dedicated servers. I got it quite cheap, paid 7000/- for 3 years.

Would recommend nord VPN. it's one of the highly recommended. Works smooth for netflix & kodi. Has P2P dedicated servers. I got it quite cheap, paid 7000/- for 3 years.
How is the 4k content when you play through it ? what is your base ISP and the plan youre using ?

bpranay

How is the 4k content when you play through it ? what is your base ISP and the plan youre using ?
I haven't tested 4K content as of yet as I am waiting for nVidia shield TV pro 2019. So I am basically using HD pack of netflix. I am using Airtel Broadband with 300GB per month + additional 1200GB bonus for entire year which gets carried forward each month after deducting the data usage for the last month.

I haven't tested 4K content as of yet as I am waiting for nVidia shield TV pro 2019. So I am basically using HD pack of netflix. I am using Airtel Broadband with 300GB per month + additional 1200GB bonus for entire year which gets carried forward each month after deducting the data usage for the last month.
What is the bandwidth ? 100Mbps ? 200 or so ?

Im just hoping with my fingers crossed that the shield tv pro 2019 arrives this friday safely, im due to receive it on friday as its shipped

gopichandpai

Yes, I have been using it for 5 to 6 years now. I have been using it even before Netflix was launched in India. Because it is a DNS service, there is no reduction in the speed at all. Netflix and Prime Video go to 4k HDR in less than a minute.

Once you join them, they give you more offers. I am on their $36 for 36 months offer. Basically $1 a month and it also comes with free VPN service.

I used IP Vanish for a few months and now using ExpressVPN. It's better than IP Vanish.

I am using ACT 150 Mbps connection and mostly I will stream for any movies or shows. Whichever country I connect, the speed remains at ~100 Mbps.

Yes, I have been using it for 5 to 6 years now. I have been using it even before Netflix was launched in India. Because it is a DNS service, there is no reduction in the speed at all. Netflix and Prime Video go to 4k HDR in less than a minute.

Once you join them, they give you more offers. I am on their $36 for 36 months offer. Basically $1 a month and it also comes with free VPN service.
how do the titles from the US netflix catalog play ? i more tempted towards this now, who's is your ISP ? can this be used with Nvidia shield pro 2019, FIretv 4k and mobile phones ? (asking because the other VPNs have a supported app for their VPNs)

I used IP Vanish for a few months and now using ExpressVPN. It's better than IP Vanish.

I am using ACT 150 Mbps connection and mostly I will stream for any movies or shows. Whichever country I connect, the speed remains at ~100 Mbps.
Ive heard brilliant stuff about expressVPN but the cost is the bummer !