Need your help in deciding 5.1.2 atmos setup for home - on wall speakers

honestmuggle

Hey All,

I hope you are doing well and staying healthy and safe.
I am a new member here, and I just signup to seek some help from you guys to decide and purchase my first Dolby atmos setup for my home.

I have a total budget of 2.5-3L for speakers and AVR (Denon)

So far, I have consulted with many dealers, touchwood automations, avshack etc.

I have been suggested ELAC debut, Heco Ambient Series 44F, 22F and Revel Concreta speakers.

I haven't auditioned for any of these yet.

My inclination is towards incorporating on-wall speakers for the reason that, for me, aesthetics matters at the same time. Anyway, I am going to install this setup in my living room, and I don't want to fill my living room with heavy, boxy, bulky speakers, and also I don't want to compromise with the sound as well.

I know I have to take a demo and decide by myself because the sound is very subjective and different people have different tastes. Yet I need advice and suggestions from those who have already set up a home theatre in their home. What has impressed you so far and what one should avoid?

My primary usage would be experiencing movies and music. I also do moderate console gaming.

I need your advice on selecting the best.

Warm Regards

Hey All,

I hope you are doing well and staying healthy and safe.
I am a new member here, and I just signup to seek some help from you guys to decide and purchase my first Dolby atmos setup for my home.
Welcome sir!
First thing, please share diagrams and room dimensions.

I have a total budget of 2.5-3L for speakers and AVR (Denon)
It's a bit of a weak budget. You'd have to up it a bit if you really want to enjoy fully. Sorry to say, but it is what it is.
I have been suggested ELAC debut, Heco Ambient Series 44F, 22F and Revel Concreta speakers.
All are good speakers. You could add Dali on-walls, QA on-walls, and so many others.
The Hecos are a treat to look at! I saw them in an audition room, but the dealer refused to play them. If you could convince your dealer to play it, nothing like it.

The Concertas do do a job. Again I'd suggest listen to them.
I haven't auditioned for any of these yet.

My inclination is towards incorporating on-wall speakers for the reason that, for me, aesthetics matters at the same time. Anyway, I am going to install this setup in my living room, and I don't want to fill my living room with heavy, boxy, bulky speakers, and also I don't want to compromise with the sound as well.
Do check out the Dalis mentioned above and the XTZ 95-97 series both...
I know I have to take a demo and decide by myself because the sound is very subjective and different people have different tastes. Yet I need advice and suggestions from those who have already set up a home theatre in their home. What has impressed you so far and what one should avoid?
For your requirement:
Avoid: Very thin speakers.
Go for: Wall mounted speakers that are beefy and boxy within your budget.
Look up FMs: At me :D Kidding! Really! Seriously!

Real FMs to look at: @rshri @Love4sound @raghupb

The last mentioned runs small cubes that can be wall mounted. But I think the Dalis or the XTZs will work the best for you.

Outside left field, ask AV Shack for an audition of the CCMP5 from AIA

Trust this helps.
Putting your thread on Watch just in case you need anymore

Welcome sir!
First thing, please share diagrams and room dimensions.

It's a bit of a weak budget. You'd have to up it a bit if you really want to enjoy fully. Sorry to say, but it is what it is.

All are good speakers. You could add Dali on-walls, QA on-walls, and so many others.
The Hecos are a treat to look at! I saw them in an audition room, but the dealer refused to play them. If you could convince your dealer to play it, nothing like it.

The Concertas do do a job. Again I'd suggest listen to them.

Do check out the Dalis mentioned above and the XTZ 95-97 series both...

For your requirement:
Avoid: Very thin speakers.
Go for: Wall mounted speakers that are beefy and boxy within your budget.
Look up FMs: At me :D Kidding! Really! Seriously!

Real FMs to look at: @rshri @Love4sound @raghupb

The last mentioned runs small cubes that can be wall mounted. But I think the Dalis or the XTZs will work the best for you.

Outside left field, ask AV Shack for an audition of the CCMP5 from AIA

Trust this helps.
Putting your thread on Watch just in case you need anymore

Hey Bro,

Thank you very much for your detailed response to my query. To be very honest, I am overwhelmed by seeing your response, haha, I spent almost a whole night reading your thread which has nearly about 17-18 pages to figure out what to go with.

I haven't drawn the diagram yet, but I will. The living room size is approx 13x19, having large 75 inch TV and behind that, it's a brick wall so can't really go for "In-wall" speakers, my dad will kick me out haha if I plan to drill the wall, that's why I have an inclination to go for on-wall speakers, aesthetically they look elegant. Not sure if that comes with any compromise?

For ceiling speakers, I can sacrifice cutting the false ceiling to fit them :D but for front LCR on-wall is the only consideration I can make.

In regards to heco, how are they? are they really good? most of the suppliers I've spoken to are suggesting going with Heco. I will ask AV shack for an audition, lets see.

I’ve shortlisted, this...

1. Revel M series on-walls (M10, C10, B1 SUBWOOFER AND C263)
  2. PSB - PWM3 On-Wall Speaker /PSB Speakers Alpha P5 with Alpha C10.
  3. DALI OBERON ON-WALL speakers for front left, right and oberon vokal for a centre speaker or might consider Dali Phantoms after seeing the final quotation.
  4. Monitor Radius 225 on-wall LCRs and the REL 1205.

Let me know what you think? Also, help me with the budget? How much budget should I raise? Initially, I planned for 2 Lac maximum but then it kept on increasing lol.

@honestmuggle

The speakers you have shortlisted are a good bunch. Try to hear them out at a dealer or fellow FM's place and be convinced.
There is always a compromise when setting up a system at home. Whether it is an acceptable compromise or not is for you to decide.
Having said this, 13x19 is a decent size listening space. It should accommodate "boxy" standmounts ;)

Cheers,
Raghu

Hey Bro,

Thank you very much for your detailed response to my query. To be very honest, I am overwhelmed by seeing your response, haha, I spent almost a whole night reading your thread which has nearly about 17-18 pages to figure out what to go with.

I haven't drawn the diagram yet, but I will. The living room size is approx 13x19, having large 75 inch TV and behind that, it's a brick wall so can't really go for "In-wall" speakers, my dad will kick me out haha if I plan to drill the wall, that's why I have an inclination to go for on-wall speakers, aesthetically they look elegant. Not sure if that comes with any compromise?

For ceiling speakers, I can sacrifice cutting the false ceiling to fit them :D but for front LCR on-wall is the only consideration I can make.

In regards to heco, how are they? are they really good? most of the suppliers I've spoken to are suggesting going with Heco. I will ask AV shack for an audition, lets see.

I’ve shortlisted, this...

1. Revel M series on-walls (M10, C10, B1 SUBWOOFER AND C263)
  2. PSB - PWM3 On-Wall Speaker /PSB Speakers Alpha P5 with Alpha C10.
  3. DALI OBERON ON-WALL speakers for front left, right and oberon vokal for a centre speaker or might consider Dali Phantoms after seeing the final quotation.
  4. Monitor Radius 225 on-wall LCRs and the REL 1205.

Let me know what you think? Also, help me with the budget? How much budget should I raise? Initially, I planned for 2 Lac maximum but then it kept on increasing lol.
Hey, bro... Didn't mean to spook you out at all!
Please take your time and figure out what works best for you within your budget.

All I meant to tell you is that if you go in for these speakers, then your budget is blown.

If we are to reverse the workings, I'd day:
Good seven channel AVR around 1 lakh + Great 15-inch subwoofer within 1 lakh + LCR+Sur+2Atmos speakers at 1 lakh.
Should be very doable.

Don't go by dealers suggesting you all these speakers. In your case, focus on good AVR and Sub. Taga does some great on-wall LCRs at a great budget. Their on-walls will match, if not outperform, all of the speakers you have mentioned. Just don't skimp on the sub...
Regards

Hey, bro... Didn't mean to spook you out at all!
Please take your time and figure out what works best for you within your budget.

All I meant to tell you is that if you go in for these speakers, then your budget is blown.

If we are to reverse the workings, I'd day:
Good seven channel AVR around 1 lakh + Great 15-inch subwoofer within 1 lakh + LCR+Sur+2Atmos speakers at 1 lakh.
Should be very doable.

Don't go by dealers suggesting you all these speakers. In your case, focus on good AVR and Sub. Taga does some great on-wall LCRs at a great budget. Their on-walls will match, if not outperform, all of the speakers you have mentioned. Just don't skimp on the sub...
Regards

Hey Bro, @raghupb @k-pad @Love4sound

Please excuse my ignorance. I am trying to stretch my budget to get best from the available, although I haven't auditioned any of the speakers yet.
I have contacted a few of the dealers in Delhi, but I did not receive any satisfactory response. Most of them are suffering "out of stock" issues.

After days of research, feedback and review, I have concluded with the following setup, which seems to be perfect for my case.

* Dali Oberon 3 Bookshelf Speaker (Pair)
* Dali Oberon Vokal Center Speaker.
* Dali Oberon On-Wall Speaker (Pair) for rear surround.
* Dali E 80 Ceiling Speaker for Atmos.
* Dali Sub E-9F 9" Active Woofer.
* Marantz SR-5015 7.2ch AV Receiver with Dolby Atmos

The cost for the above is approximate 4Lac+ Including cables/accessories.

Initially I had a plan to go with on-wall speaker systems, but my only concern for on wall is too much reflection on the side walls in the front area of my living room. The primary sitting is all the way back at 16 feet. Bookshelf speakers or the only option I am seeing as beneficial.

Let me know what do you think of above selections?

I have also updated with the picture of 3d layout of my living room, it will help you to advice me even more precisely.

top view.jpg

back.jpgtop-angle.jpg

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back