Network Problem in DLNA streaming

noknor

I have a BSNL wifi router, I can access computers that are connected on the wireless network.
The router also has ethernet ports, so I hooked up my tv to one of the ethernet ports on the router. My laptop connects using wifi.
When I go to the network in my Win7 laptop I am not not able to see the tv listed in the networked devices.
But I am able to ping the ip allocated to the tv. I also see that both the tv and the laptop are in the same subnet.
My tv is also not able to detect the windows media player media server.

I suspect it is a Windows problem as the network configurations seems to be correct.

Thanks for any help.

Two solutions. One of them will work.

(1) Enable home group.
(2) Put your computer in a Workgroup rather than a domain.

Search in Google if you don't know how to do that.

Remember

1. Unless your TV is has a proper built in DLNA Client your Win7 PC will not see it as a media renderer so that you can use "Play To" option. For devices that are DLNA certified this should not be a problem.

2. Check in your router settings if there is anything to enable to allow using UPNP traffic in the network

3. Do you have any wifi enabled phone or other pc connected in the same network so that you can verify if at least that can see your laptop as a media device?

I spent the whole night yesterday trying out everything as suggested above. Nothing happened.
Throwing the towel.

Thanks everyone for the help.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back