Network stereo receiver.

elbin

I want to play music that is played on my computer in a stereo receiver. What all do I need for this. Please suggest including a stereo receiver, speakers and whatever is needed to stream music from my computer to the receiver. I have a wireless network already setup.

Budget would be 35 to 40k.

I'm afraid you would have to teach how this network streaming works. What I want is, I will use my preferred media player in Linux, any file format, including internet radio. The decoded wav stream would need to be transmitted via wireless to the receiver.

Is this how the Onkyo + Wireless adapter given above works?

I am on similar path as well, but still wondering whether 8050 will be better in stereo playback as compared to the leagues of CA AZUR 650 A. Even not sure how Marantz NR series compares.

A good quality Network Integrated Amplifier will eliminate the need of CD player as well as separate DAC. Customers should force manufactures, else they will sit in their comfort zone and keep selling traditional CD+AMP combo. Unless they feel the heat from dealers they keep proclaiming that CD+AMP combo is divine than Ripped CD/Digital contents.

A Network DAC with AVR also an option - http://nadelectronics.com/products/digital-music/DAC-1-Wireless-USB-Digital-to-Analogue-Converter

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back