Never knew my signature was showing in all my posts, maybe a fix required

newlash09

This is probably the first time ive logged in via laptop ( Was always using my android phone before ), to the website version of our site. And I embarassingly find that my kit , as mentioned in my signature is mentioned in every post of mine. Its almost like saying, Iam right because mine is longer than yours :D

And i always thought that interested members could peek into my profile to see what i was running, but i never realized till today, that it looked like a bragging oxymoron. So for a quick fix, i deleted my entire signature just now. So, is there a way round this, where we can have a kit thread in our respective profile, which friends can check if interested. But otherwise wont show up in my posts.

Iam definitely one here for musical enjoyment, and not for bragging rights. Any advise or suggestions wil be kindly accepted.

I have slightly different opinion. As you could see, my signature contains all the details of relevant things I own.

These aren't million $ grade equipements that one can brag about - these are usual things that most people can afford. Benefit of putting these in signature - people know what is your setup and can ask you relevant questions/expect relevant answers. I have gotten many questions asking about the things I own and I'd feel that has happened due to people knowing those items in my signature.

So I am putting a comment on some post, people know where am I coming from and get an idea as to what I listen to, to form that opinion.

This is probably the first time ive logged in via laptop ( Was always using my android phone before ), to the website version of our site. And I embarassingly find that my kit , as mentioned in my signature is mentioned in every post of mine. Its almost like saying, Iam right because mine is longer than yours :D

And i always thought that interested members could peek into my profile to see what i was running, but i never realized till today, that it looked like a bragging oxymoron. So for a quick fix, i deleted my entire signature just now. So, is there a way round this, where we can have a kit thread in our respective profile, which friends can check if interested. But otherwise wont show up in my posts.

Iam definitely one here for musical enjoyment, and not for bragging rights. Any advise or suggestions wil be kindly accepted.
Don't worry Sir, in portrait mode, signature is not visible :)

I have slightly different opinion. As you could see, my signature contains all the details of relevant things I own.

These aren't million $ grade equipements that one can brag about - these are usual things that most people can afford. Benefit of putting these in signature - people know what is your setup and can ask you relevant questions/expect relevant answers. I have gotten many questions asking about the things I own and I'd feel that has happened due to people knowing those items in my signature.

So I am putting a comment on some post, people know where am I coming from and get an idea as to what I listen to, to form that opinion.

Yes.. thats right too @rksingh1

But i need some more time to figure out how it all works. Ive been asked a few queries in the recent past too, very relevant to my kit. which of course i was only too happy to answer. But, i only wish it does'nt look like a bragging match. Which is how i always saw it in other forums. If one has a query, regarding something we use, we can always answer that post maybe. Posting everything we have is probably unnecessary.

Everyone is right! Posting or not posting a signature in posts is one's choice.

My personal take on this is that this is a great forum where we all share, discuss and help with stuff around AV and even other things. Sometimes I do agree that we have seen instances of MIGHT and SNOWBALLING happening...those are just sporadic instances....bottom line, everyone is entitled to their opinion and suggestions for the person seeking advise or help.

he he you can send half of your equipment my way. I would be happy to brag :p

By the way you have nice system and nothing wrong in showing. It shows your choice(Philosphy, implementation, preference etc.) which is part of this hobby.

Just add it in the ‘About’ section of your profile. That’swhat I’ve done.

A few lines in signature (gear wise) makes it easier when answering queries.
Instead of typing, I find just pointing to signature easier.
And seeing other FMs signature, also makes it easier for me to ask relevant questions.

Cheers,
Raghu

A few lines in signature (gear wise) makes it easier when answering queries.
Instead of typing, I find just pointing to signature easier.
And seeing other FMs signature, also makes it easier for me to ask relevant questions.

Cheers,
Raghu
I always find if easier to the see the system on the signature as then you get an idea of where if poster is coming from around sound and very often answer a query without having to ask the usual questions !!

Check out FM @arj's signature.
He has posted all his gear on a website and posted a link as his signature.

:D ;) thats laziness of not wanting to maintain it at 2 different places !!

I feel that signatures are great way of understanding various possible combos to budding audiophiles like me. I usually drop PMs directly for FM on my queries. Hence I would suggest to keep it intact. Anyway, it is up to the individual whether to remove it or keep it.

@newlash09 , Don’t worry, money is never conflated with good hearing, at least from what I have seen on the forum. There are plenty of golden ears with simple music systems, with good placement, which sounds good, just as there are many who spend money and well.. :cool:

most people on this forum understand that.

all your sig does is tell us the audio journey that you have been on.. and that’s always valuable, in case someone wants feedback on equipment that you may have owned or own currently.

Afterall, the forum name is Hifi vision, right, not modest man’s music corner.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back