New audio system for skoda laura

audiodelic

New audio system for skoda rapid

Just got a black skoda rapid elegance. Planning an audio system for it geared purely for sq and spl is not required. Choice of music psy trance which had extreme fast bass so tight suwboofer is required.

Equipment i already have
Precision Power DCX 1000.4 - 4 channel amplifier
Orion 600d - Mono subwoofer amplifier
Infinity Reference series 6.5" components( these i am planning for front doors)

So basically i need a HU, a pair of component/coaxial speakers for the rear seats as i will be mostly driven by driver and a good sq subwoofer.

HU- Not looking for fancy graphical displays just a double din unit with good sq.
Pioneer FH-P6050UB vs Kenwood DPX303 - Please suggest better choice better sound quality is the main consideration.

Speakers - 6.5 inch
First and foremost is components or coaxials, for components i will have to make new hole in door for mounting tweeter in rear doors. If coaxials will sound almost as good, might as well stick to coaxials to simplify the install, but i am open to components if they sound substantially better than coaxials of same line and brand.

I am looking at focal polyglass and rainbow sound line slc. please suggest between these or others in budget of 15k and below range.

Subwoofer - I believe image dynamics has shut down, if ID is not available what are the good choices geared towards tight and musical sq in the 15k and below range

thanks as always for the support

Last edited:
The stock system in a Skoda (Volkswagen with additude) is already pretty good. Most have a separate amp in the boot. Purchasing a new HU will deflate your pocket, but will not have any better sound. If you are a driver that feels the people in the car in front of you also want to enjoy your bass line, then a small powered sub should do the trick on your budget.
Look for something from Infinity. Their parent also owns JBL, and the car stuff is used by Mercedes.

The stock system in a Skoda (Volkswagen with additude) is already pretty good. Most have a separate amp in the boot. Purchasing a new HU will deflate your pocket, but will not have any better sound. If you are a driver that feels the people in the car in front of you also want to enjoy your bass line, then a small powered sub should do the trick on your budget.
Look for something from Infinity. Their parent also owns JBL, and the car stuff is used by Mercedes.

Looking for better sound than stock audio system. In indian skoda rapid stock audio system is horrible.

EDIT: It is rapid not laura. I have laura in hyderabad the oem system is decent at low volumes as compared to other stock audio systems.

Last edited:
Looking for better sound than stock audio system. In indian skoda laura stock audio system is horrible.

May be that i'm not a serious audiophile like many here but i feel the current setup in the laura is decent. Mine is a 2008 model, not sure if there are any changes in between. The main reason for not changing the audio setup is that it might lead to noise or disturbing sounds on the run due to improper fittings of amp, new speakers etc. Just my two paisa

First of all, congrats on getting the Laura! Love that car :)

Since the car will be self-driven, having a front dominated sound stage makes more sense, and coaxials in the back would suffice. Focal and Rainbow make good speakers. You could look at DLS, Hertz and Boston Acoustics as well. Make sure you damp all the doors with a damping material - makes a big impact.

HU: Since sq is your priority, suggest you look at Alpine and Clarion as well. They generally produce better sq than Pio and Kenwood. I'd opt for a unit which has digital time alignment - makes a world of difference.

Didn't know that ID has shut down... that is sad. Illusion Audio made excellent speakers too, but they shut shop as well. I've been using a Ground Zero sub (Radioactive series). Excellent sub, with tight bass... can keep up with fast numbers very well. Not sure if they're still available though.

Check out the ICE section on team-bhp.com. Good source of info!

You could try these also PHD Speakers, Dyn Audio , Boston acoustics fits your budget.

Select based on your listening taste.
PHD Speakers, Boston , Dyn Audio - great mid bass,balanced sound

FOCAL , Infinity , Polk audio - Good mid bass , but highs are bright.(If u like bright sound, u will enjoy) You need to adjust tweeter level manually for balanced sound.

But From FOCAL - performance series(expensive), Utopia(very expensive) are great products.

Rainbow / Illusion audio- Every where hearing very good reviews about it And its expensive too. If u are well off go with them blindly , u will be happy.

HU- Not looking for fancy graphical displays just a double din unit with good sq.
Pioneer FH-P6050UB vs Kenwood DPX303 - Please suggest better choice better sound quality is the main consideration.

You could choose Pioneer models or kenwood models with DSP (will be little expensive) but will sound great.

Speakers - 6.5 inch
First and foremost is components or coaxials, for components i will have to make new hole in door for mounting tweeter in rear doors. If coaxials will sound almost as good, might as well stick to coaxials to simplify the install, but i am open to components if they sound substantially better than coaxials of same line and brand.
Actually it depends on how either coaxial or component speakers are built. Some high end coaxials with cross over even sounds good equalent to the components.Choosing the right coaxials is the problem.

So what people prefer components over than coaxials.Component speakers are generally made up of with high quality materials so will sound better than coaxials.
And most of the coaxials lack in mid bass and component speakers provides excellent mid bass.

Last edited:
Title says Laura and subject says Rapid elegance?

Which one did you get? Either one , congratulations. :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back