New baby on the block - The Laiv Harmonic dac

Yelamanchili manohar

I was getting bored that new dac releases were getting dried up, and then this came out to spice things up. Apparently is good sounding, great looking and costs USD 2700/- direct from Singapore. The reviews are just about coming out, but the initial blurb seems promising enough for the more adventurous to take a punt on one. Happy hunting :)

1713849437676.png

A proper sound clip comparison between the Laiv and Holo May KTE. For the life of me, I could'nt hear any worth while differences between the clips. Probably due to what YT does to the audio. But a fun listen all the same if one is getting bored :)

These kind of clips just show why Darko has stopped reviewing Dac's :D

A proper sound clip comparison between the Laiv and Holo May KTE. For the life of me, I could'nt hear any worth while differences between the clips. Probably due to what YT does to the audio. But a fun listen all the same if one is getting bored :)

These kind of clips just show why Darko has stopped reviewing Dac's :D
Looks like Holo was originally owned by Anil and Mukesh and then there must have been some problem and now Mukesh represents Holo and Anil has Laiv.

Looks like Holo was originally owned by Anil and Mukesh and then there must have been some problem and now Mukesh represents Holo and Anil has Laiv.
Denafrips, Jays & LHY with Alvin, and Laiv with his embattled lieutenant....

There seems to be a huge marketing push behind this Dac. All the usual channels have got their review pieces one month in advance. Most probably we will only be seeing reviews of this dac all week...next week :p

I was initially very excited about this dac. Looked amazing, was small, sensibly priced, supposedly had resolution to match the tonality of R2R designs and it accepted clock via I2S. But the extra push is now setting off my BS meter🤣

Last edited:
Denafrips, Jays & LHY with Alvin, and Laiv with his embattled lieutenant....

There seems to be a huge marketing push behind this Dac. All the usual channels have got their review pieces one month in advance. Most probably we will only be seeing reviews of this dac all week...next week :p

I was initially very excited about this dac. Looked amazing, was small, sensibly priced, supposedly had resolution to match the tonality of R2R designs and it accepted clock via I2S. But the extra push is now setting off my BS meter🤣
To trigger your bs meter further

After Mofi Episode and MQA fiasco ; I've been riding on slower gears, being an early adopter in Hifi Audio seems like unnecessary risk nowadays. Give it couple of years, let some Reputed people in industry (non YT influencers) give a verdict, we'll jump in.

By that time mostly, we may be lucky enough to listen to it in person and take a more informed decision. In Digital Audio, not sure about the winning of slow and steady, but the Lazy and Steady Always wins! 🤣🤣🤣

Anything with such a huge coordinated marketing campaign is most likely gonna be flavour of the month and then it will be forgotten.
Yeah definitely could be just another flavor of the month. But I desperately need a dac, so I just bought the below, as the price is befitting of my status 💪

Dac.png

LAiV is Carpet Bombing the Review Arena. YT is flooded with rave reviews. Need to wait for another 3 months to see some ifs and Buts appear!
Agreed. Especially as its from an unheard of company. The last such carpet bombing I recall is Eversolo A6. There at least the Zidoo parent to lend some credibility.

Time will prove the product credibility and as a consequence, the credibility of these reviewers.
In my book, the credibility of a lot of these reviewers went to zero after owning the Eversolo A6 ME. Darko was the only one who shared a nuanced take. I now think of some of the others as advertisements and apply that filter to all their other reviews

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back