New CDP within 55K price range

Yes Mayukh, the KI & the Pearl series which are very expensive have good build quality. Now Vietnam is the favorite destination for manufacturing. I really miss the "Made in Japan" build quality & have now accepted what comes by. But have no complaints of the build quality & finish of the cd6006 UK edition apart from the cd reading issues. Out of the 55 cd's that I have, the player has issues with 2 cd's so far for certain tracks.
Great enjoy the music :)

Out of the 55 cd's that I have, the player has issues with 2 cd's so far for certain tracks.

If you have a Windows PC or laptop, install EAC (freeware) and rip the two CDs. Most likely these two will have issues which will show up as re-read attempts by EAC. This is usually because of damages in the disc which is invisible to the naked eye. Depending on the CDP make/model, some will keep playing even if it reads errors, while some other players will refuse to play. You can also read the rip log (text format). What I'm suggesting is it may not be the player's fault at all.

If you have a Windows PC or laptop, install EAC (freeware) and rip the two CDs. Most likely these two will have issues which will show up as re-read attempts by EAC. This is usually because of damages in the disc which is invisible to the naked eye. Depending on the CDP make/model, some will keep playing even if it reads errors, while some other players will refuse to play. You can also read the rip log (text format). What I'm suggesting is it may not be the player's fault at all.
Thanks a lot Jls, will definitely try that.

Marantz does have a issue in reading some cd's ...i have experienced that in all the Marantz players that you can see in my signature ....except UD7007 which is a universal player and the reason why I purchased that was to play CD's which others dont play and a lot of used badly scratched CD's which I have .

UD7007 has not failed to recognise or play a single cd in my case .

If you are looking for a Budget player than UD7007 can be compared to a CD6000 series in terms of Sound quality ...check the forum for users who have this player they will be able to provide more inputs

Get the Denon DCD 800NE eyes closed. Excellent player for the money and has the PCM1795 DAC inside (used in players costing 5 times more too) and its implementation is great too. The player plays DSD files from the USB port without any glitches and the high Res files sound superb for player that is affordably priced. After sales is great too so is reliability.

Get the Denon DCD 800NE eyes closed. Excellent player for the money and has the PCM1795 DAC inside (used in players costing 5 times more too) and its implementation is great too. The player plays DSD files from the USB port without any glitches and the high Res files sound superb for player that is affordably priced. After sales is great too so is reliability.
Hi Ramanuj,

I have this in my shortlist for quite sometime. Had mixed response from different people. some said, it has problem with its remote & bla.. bla.

Anyways, thanks for the inputs mate.

Will surely help me to proceed :)

Not taking away anything from the player, just a DAC chip does not indicate anything about the final outcome. There are other critical circuitry around it, the implementation, power supply, op amps, clock etc.
That said price DACs chips are usually just a few dollars (this one is around 5 usd) except for some very select ones.
When coming to CD players, the quality of the transport plays a huge difference aswell.

Not taking away anything from the player, just a DAC chip does not indicate anything about the final outcome. There are other critical circuitry around it, the implementation, power supply, op amps, clock etc.
That said price DACs chips are usually just a few dollars (this one is around 5 usd) except for some very select ones.
When coming to CD players, the quality of the transport plays a huge difference aswell.

The Denon transport is excellent for the money , very few players within Rs 40/50k has a transport like they do. Secondly the components used down to the capacitors are customised by Denon & Elna and details down to how much print is allowed on the caps are decided upon since Denon believes that alters sound quality! Yes you are right that the DAC chip does not alone decide the sound quality but the implementation & Denon has implemented it very well.

I also recently bought Marantz CD-6006. Even I was worried about reading issues but after reading lots of good reviews throughout the web, I decided to give it a try. When I got it and put to use, I was 100% sure that it wont read slightly scratched cds. But to my surprise, it read a moderately scratced cd without any issues at all. Then I put more severely scratched cd and to my surprise again, it read without any issues. So reading scratched disc is not an issue at all. May be, because of the users negative feedback about reading issue, the Marantz might have put a different transport in recent lots.

Moreover the build quality of Marantz is next to none. It is built to survive.

I also recently bought Marantz CD-6006. Even I was worried about reading issues but after reading lots of good reviews throughout the web, I decided to give it a try. When I got it and put to use, I was 100% sure that it wont read slightly scratched cds. But to my surprise, it read a moderately scratced cd without any issues at all. Then I put more severely scratched cd and to my surprise again, it read without any issues. So reading scratched disc is not an issue at all. May be, because of the users negative feedback about reading issue, the Marantz might have put a different transport in recent lots.

You are then one of those lucky folks to have got the best of the production lot. A Japanese company losing out on Quality Assurance is like telling a F1 driver to hone his skills while on an empty road !!
As long as the products were made in Japan, they were designed to last a lifetime. When production lines were shifted to China to reach out to masses, you have to compromise on something. Chinese are great technocrats and they build products based on specific inputs and reach.

The outcome is pretty evident.

Totally agree "Made in Japan" had its charm and it's fan following. But I guess times have changed now keeping in mind to cut down costs and mass production. Now only the top end expensive models are made in Japan and the quality is evident.
That being said the cd 6006 although made in Vietnam is quite decent with good build and finish.

Try any roksan Kandy CD players made in uk and build quality us good . Recently I acquired kandy player and reading scratched cds also

I don't think Made in Japan has got anything to do with it. It all boils down to the poor quality of components chosen by Marantz. My CD6004 is Made in Japan, costing $500 at the time of purchase and uses a $10-12 Sanyo 101 transport!

The intention is not to scare or disappoint you ....but the player is new ...you will experience it when you play more CD's ...

The intention is not to scare or disappoint you ....but the player is new ...you will experience it when you play more CD's ...
Might not be case as if the player has a reading issue it would be there the moment you play any scratch disc. Yes, I do understand that with time, the laser power will surely decrease and that might lead to reading issues. But no problem, it will still take years for that to happen as people have vouched this player that it lasted for 15 years or so before the CD laser assembly required replacement. Due to my busy schedule, I only use my player for very occasional listening, just for over an hour 4 times a week. Lets hope this unit lasts for good amount of time... :)

Might not be case as if the player has a reading issue it would be there the moment you play any scratch disc. Yes, I do understand that with time, the laser power will surely decrease and that might lead to reading issues. But no problem, it will still take years for that to happen as people have vouched this player that it lasted for 15 years or so before the CD laser assembly required replacement. Due to my busy schedule, I only use my player for very occasional listening, just for over an hour 4 times a week. Lets hope this unit lasts for good amount of time... :)
It has been six months. Almost all my old discs are scratched and they still play the way it played 6 months back..

It has been six months. Almost all my old discs are scratched and they still play the way it played 6 months back..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back