• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

New CDP within 55K price range

Wharfedale EVO4.4

mayukh80

I have been searching for a CDP for quite sometime now after my SA 7001 stopped working after giving trouble for a year.

As on date , I am utterly confused snd the current pandemic is adding to my woes considering the dropping of the idea to audtion .

i have huge collection of CD’s (476 numbers) and a good source within a price range of 55k is required.

i mostly listen to blues, jazz, classic rock.

the source will be paired with CA 740a and B&W 606.

my room size is 12x10 ft and the listening point is around 7.2 ft from the speakers.

i look forward to leverage the huge expertise and experience of FM’s

SEANDSILVA

what are the options outside Marantz.

vinothkumar

Do not buy the latest marantz cd players, its from my own experience after trying cd6006 from multiple owners for a longer time. All of them have disc reading issues. Even it does not playing few of a brand new sealed cds.

mayukh80

Do not buy the latest marantz cd players, its from my own experience after trying cd6006 from multiple owners for a longer time. All of them have disc reading issues. Even it does not playing few of a brand new sealed cds.
I am not going to get another Marantz since their quality have gone down substantially and getting them serviced is another story altogether.

So please suggest alternative. How does Denon DCD 800NE fits here ?

vinothkumar

Not owning anything afterwards but my friends are using vintage TEAC, SONY and PHILIPS cd players those play almost every single cd even with scratched ones. You also check with the Audiolab CDT owners as well.

mayukh80

Not owning anything afterwards but my friends are using vintage TEAC, SONY and PHILIPS cd players those play almost every single cd even with scratched ones. You also check with the Audiolab CDT owners as well.
Thanks once again for your inputs. Adding a CD transport would mean going for a DAC and complicate things. The subject of a separate DAC is a vast topic.
Do you have any idea where to grab vintage players? I also have read reviews from people outside India about their rich & warm sound

audiofreakss

Hi guys I have an densen b400 CD player for sale bought from uk mint condition 9 out of 10 perfectly reads any cd and made in Denmark. Laser pickup is also easily Avaialble so trouble some free if we stick 3 laser pickups will let for around 5 to 6 years any one interested can pm me

audiofreakss

As per my concern CD players better go for old ones as they are sturdily built and quality is good.